News Latest News On Tasmanian AFL Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Government has officially committed to help fund a stadium. Now for all the haters to come out and say it should be money spent else where

Government has officially committed to help fund a stadium. Now for all the haters to come out and say it should be money spent else where
They haven't stopped saying that, like forever.

Spend nothing on overseas aid, nothing on defense, NBN is (was) a waste of money, no 2nd Sydney airport, no mobile towers in my area, don't dig anything up, nothing on renewable anything! etc etc etc

They haven't stopped saying that, like forever.

Spend nothing on overseas aid, nothing on defense, NBN is (was) a waste of money, no 2nd Sydney airport, no mobile towers in my area, don't dig anything up, nothing on renewable anything! etc etc etc
Exactly they will be the noisy minority who winge about everything.
Quick question guys are you in favour of a new Stadium or should Bellerive be upgraded. I think Bellerive is awesome and an upgrade would be way good enough. Or is it the central to Hobart CBD that's the issue.

Reality is there is never going to be a 'good time' unless some super rich dude (e.g. twiggy forrest) decides to bankroll the entire thing (which is never going to happen).

Could the money be better spend on other things, absolutely.

Should the AFL take full advantage of every cent that is on the table, absolutely.

Exactly they will be the noisy minority who winge about everything.
Quick question guys are you in favour of a new Stadium or should Bellerive be upgraded. I think Bellerive is awesome and an upgrade would be way good enough. Or is it the central to Hobart CBD that's the issue.
What people think & whats been said is now irrelevant. Bellerive is not what the powers want. Its a bugger to get to & from as its on a beach side with close suburban homes & limited road access or parking. When it was built they waffled about using ferries & other such rot to justify it.

KGV would have been ok with the rail corridor, bus mall & nearby parking at the showgrounds, racecourse.

But the AFL want the Adelaide/MCG model of proximity to the CBD.

MacPoint done properly, could be a great lively spot on the eastern side of the Hobart waterfront area, From Salamanca right around to the old Navy base at HMAS Huon. They might even spruce that up a bit!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back