Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.

This s**t was wild.

First Marvel comic series on FX done by Noah Hawley - of Fargo fame so you know going in that it's going to be lit af - and it's like a Mr. Robot w/ superpowers.

Comic book fans might know what's up, but the first episode is batshit insane. I don't even know if a basic premise for the series was reached by the end and even though you feel like it will probably settle down ... with Hawley at the helm it might be best to expecting anything and everything.

All in.

I'm liking it enough to keep watching, but it better go somewhere eventually. Too much of a mind-f**k to watch week-in, week-out.

I wasn't thrilled with the pilot. The whole thing screams style over substance, characters were bland and I've got a feeling that it will be one of those series where the writers are making it up as they go.

This reminds me of Mr. Robot but it's more stylistically impressive and more committed to insanity. I am liking it a lot more.

Between this and Fargo, Noah Hawley is really establishing himself as one of the great showrunners.

Watching lawfully at the moment, will also report back. Looks interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ep 4 rivals International Assassin for the '* when I did shoot myself with heroin' episode

Ep 5 wants to eat your babies and tell you it'll be okay

******* show is hardcore as hell and I ******* love it.

I am really digging this show. Episode 5 was about two episodes ahead of where I thought this was going.

The next episode is directed by the same guy who directed most of Atlanta, which was probably the last new show I enjoyed this much. FX is killing it.

So it took to the 7th episode but by god , that " Bolero " scene sold me finally.
Great scene!

This show is a total mind bender but it has me totally hooked in.

Loved that scene with The Eye or whatever he's called being crinkled up.

Interesting show, if I wasn't into horror then I might have dropped it around Episode 3. It also had enough suspense to keep me coming back.

Visually and stylistically outstanding. I was sort of frustrated that we had no sense of what kind of society they were living in. All the scenes seemed to be in compounds. I think there might have been one scene early on where they showed a city.

Aubrey Plaza was pleasantly surprising as the Shadow King. She's not just April Ludgate or that awkward persona she does on talk shows.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back