Leicester City - 1 Time Champion of England

Remove this Banner Ad

He is, but he's got some decent time in at RB. As noted, Claudio will likely play him for flexibility reasons. I know what you mean, but I haven't heard about us chasing any other RBs.

We're still after Keane, and its looking more and more likely that he will be more expensive than Musa. He's a pure CB, and he's not even likely to nudge any of our big men out. Won't be happy if he does go for 20m.

In Walsh we trust, but... seriously? Dragovic is over there, and I bet he would be even less than Keane.

Also, is it me, or does it feel like we're getting snookered with these prices? We getting crummy offers for our players (Vardy and Kante 20m. Granted, they had release clauses, but we never expected them to be that valuable.) But every other club is forcing us to take a mortgage for their players (Keane and Brady for 20m).

I just saw Danny Simpson to Sunderland for 4m. If we were interested in Billy Jones, he would be 20m. Even blooming Sissoko is 20m. How is it possible for a Newcastle dud and a disappointing Norwich player to go for potentially more than a guy that scored 25 goals and the CM of the year? For 20m, we should be doing a lot better.

This feels awfully like my FM15 career, where I could barely sell my players for 7 digits and everyone even slightly talented was way more.

Oh, and West Ham are about to secure Brady (we've walked away). They better be paying 20m for him. Anything less, and I shall not be amused.

Kante has signed with Chelsea.
A bit disappointing, can't understand why anyone would leave after winning a championship. Won't be playing in the Champions League either now.
Anyway good luck and thanks for the good times.

LEICESTER CITY CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND!

A bit disappointing, can't understand why anyone would leave after winning a championship. Won't be playing in the Champions League either now.

Guess he might want a new challenge?

Must say, the 'fans' that have turned on him are pathetic. At the end of the day, the guy played a major role in giving us fans something we never thought was possible. He'll always be a Leicester legend to me.

just goes to show that people are complex individuals. one will say he wants to play champs league hence wanting to go to a CL team. another will say "challenges" like gary ablett jnr when the overwhelming feeling is challenge$.

For those interested, our fixture with Oxford Wednesday morning IS televised, however not in Australia. No surprise.

If i can find a stream for it, i'm sure i can come across one i'll post it here. I might not be able to watch the whole game as i'll have work on Wednesday.

On an unrelated note, there's talk going around that we could be wearing our third kit, white, for our home Champions League matches. Interesting

So umm... 4-0 to PSG. Granted it is a friendly, and we're talking about PSG, but, there was some mixed results.

The good news is that we looked competent enough in midfield, and that we were creating chances. Grey, Hernandez, and Amartey looked well enough.

The bad is of course, we lost 4-0, our strikers did not take their chances (Ulloa + Okazaki is still a nervous pairing for me. Musa hasn't look too flash, though I get the feeling this will change once he gets more time and he finally partners up with Vardy) and Mendy is not quite Kante. In fact, it seems clear that we're missing Kante.

Still, PSG did a number on Real, and we're only getting used to the idea of playing in foreign conditions and we're still trying to find new ways. As long as we win the Shield and kickstart our campaign against Hull with a win, that's all I can ask for our prep. We won't be facing sides like PSG for a while anyway.

So umm... 4-0 to PSG. Granted it is a friendly, and we're talking about PSG, but, there was some mixed results.

The good news is that we looked competent enough in midfield, and that we were creating chances. Grey, Hernandez, and Amartey looked well enough.

The bad is of course, we lost 4-0, our strikers did not take their chances (Ulloa + Okazaki is still a nervous pairing for me. Musa hasn't look too flash, though I get the feeling this will change once he gets more time and he finally partners up with Vardy) and Mendy is not quite Kante. In fact, it seems clear that we're missing Kante.

Still, PSG did a number on Real, and we're only getting used to the idea of playing in foreign conditions and we're still trying to find new ways. As long as we win the Shield and kickstart our campaign against Hull with a win, that's all I can ask for our prep. We won't be facing sides like PSG for a while anyway.
Here's my take.

I thought we did pretty well up until the second goal. Went a goal down, a wreckless challenge by Amartey, was trying to get to the ball but that's Football.

Amartey was like a man possessed after conceding the first! Had a chance on goal and a few tackles here and there and he started to get himself into the game.

Even after the first we played a lot better as a team and kept pressing to equalise. It was the second goal i thought where we dropped our heads a bit.

Gray, Hernandez and who knows maybe even Chilwell are going to be MASSIVE for us this season. Positives is that it's only pre-season and it's the perfect rehearsal for pre-season. There's no way we'll play like that come the season opener against Hull and we'll be a much more competitive side in the CL without a doubt.

One last thing to note, there's absolutely no way known we'll line up like that in the pre-season, CR doing what he needs to do and get some match fitness into the players. Confident we can do well again this season!

Well, it's been a bit quiet in here.

Disappointing to lose the Shield but thought we looked decent in part. I'm still deeply concerned that Simpson is our main RB - I love Danny but he's not good enough for where we should be going. Mahrez looked gash but I'm hoping that was just an off day, rather than a move being on his mind.

Choudhury moved back on loan to Burton for the season - I watched that game on the weekend. He was only so so but it's only the first game in a very long season. Hopefully he comes on well.

Onto transfer news, looks like we're back in for Lucas Perez. Not completely sold on him but wouldn't mind an extra striker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, I think its because we've mostly bought up on the main boards, I suppose.

We did look decent, but at the same time, it is clear that we're missing Kante (That Lingard goal wouldn't have happened if we had Kante). I'm sure that we will evolve a new style of play from it. We did look the better side for most of that game.

The things that need to be worked on his Vardy and Musa's linkup play, if we can get that going, then yet again we only really need a couple of chances to win. That said, we need to do better in keeping the ball. We might have to get a third midfielder in there, but at the cost of what position? I doubt Ranieri wants to go back to 3-5-2, and going 4-5-1 seems a bit of wasted potential. Hopefully Mendy steps up, though I heard good things about Amartey doing well there, and don't forget that he's got pace too. Amartey is a wildcard in his own right. I think he's good enough, but we still don't know where exactly to deploy him.

I think we'll see more of Hernandez at RB, especially once Huth gets back for game 2. There is some serious potential there, and he looks stable enough in defence. Simpson's starting days are numbered I feel, just like De Laet's was (though to be honest, that Arsenal game... still, I think he had some potential as a winger).

So you did see the Beerbelly game, so I think you would be best qualified to give your opinion. I think he'll be fine, only 18, but once he gets more Championship experience, I think we'll see him shine. Though ironically, if not for our quick rise, we would've seen more of Lawrence, he's no longer on the plans now. The Beerbelly fans seem to like him a lot, so hopefully he keeps up his fine work (though hopefully he doesn't get too attached to them.)

Ah yes, Perez again, one of the players of the season in La Liga. Though in the striker position. He's not taller than Ulloa, but at least he's over 180cm. I feel like that's what we need, a tall striker better than Ulloa when we need someone to excel at set pieces. Bad enough we can't really rely on Vardy nor Okazaki at corners. Height has been a weakness for a while, so it would be nice to get that tall striker. If there is a role for Perez, then maybe we could use Musa on the wing, but then again, we've got no problem in the wing department!

I don't know who Kante's replacement is. Mendy isn't a natural in that position and should be played more in the Drinky role. Perhaps that means we just change the gameplan slightly. Perhaps Amartey is the key to that role (although I suspect he'll be raw).

Do you think Vardy and Musa start together? I wouldn't mind Musa coming off the bench late in games - would leave people for dead late on.

I hope you're right RE Hernandez, he's looked the goods. Speaking of De Laet, is he off somewhere? I don't recall seeing him move somewhere.

I suspect he'll do well over the course of the season - it's hard to believe he's still 18, feels like he's been around a while.

Do you think Ulloa leaves if Perez comes in? Must admit I've not seen much of Perez, what are his strengths? Sounds like aerial is one of them.

Ironically, it could be Drinky himself if we move Mendy to the bigger passing role. I think Amartey should be given a shot in the Kante role, I think he did well enough when he played in midfield. That said, we really need to commit to a position for this guy.

Tricky, I can see it happening a few games into the season once Musa finds his tank, but I think Okazaki will be used to do his usual role. Musa certainly tears open the game apart, and I expect that he will come on as a sub for the early games. The important thing is that he and Vardy link up well, because I don’t think anything in the PL can stop it if they’re both on song.

The fact that he’s not been given a number (and that the number 2 is for Hernandez) suggests to me that he is deemed an excess to requirements, along with Inler and Benny. I think I saw it in the Mercury as well.

I know, what with all the hype in that fact he was playing U21s at 16. To think Barca was knocking on the door for his sig (of course, one would be foolish to try such a thing without proper EXP, eh Mr Olengard?)

Hmm… from what I know, I think the opposite is true (weak in the air). I heard he’s very good at holding the ball, which will fill up one of Ulloa’s duties (not to mention help us in one aspect that we struggle with), not to mention he’ll be able to somewhat keep up with the play (something that Ulloa struggles with.) Until we get a direct replacement for Ulloa, I think he’s still going to stay with us, for at least another 6 months. We need options after all.

I wouldn't mind pushing Drinky back and giving Mendy his role. I'd like to maybe try Amartey in the cups and see how he does there first.

Yeah agreed. It's a fine balancing act - they need to gel but i think Okazaki needs to start this weekend. Again, maybe the cups will help out here.

Think Benny is definitely off - not sure about Inler. Think there's potentially room for him in our new midfield. Although we have James coming back as well...

Yeah agreed on Ulloa. He's handy without being good per se. He's been a bit of a talisman for us over the last 2 seasons - will be sad if/when he departs.

Well, we’ve got no shortage of cups, that’s for sure. Enough matches to rotate all players, especially those wingers. It’s so weird to be in this situation where we have a lot of potent players, and it’s a case of getting the balance right.

Okazaki will 90% start in my opinion, it take a couple of matches before we see any new signings properly start (Hernandez the exception, don’t know if he’ll do enough to keep Huth out, but surely he’ll oust Simpson from the side, we’ve got a lot of potential with those throws).

I’m sure Inler has some offerings, but by the looks of things, he just seems too slow, and I’m not sure if we can really play a steady holding game with what we have. Our positive attacking flow is our biggest strength, and I think there’s more upside to James if he can get back in. It seems like Ranieri has also informed Inler that he is to be moved out. It’s a shame, but that’s how things go sometimes.

I know what you mean, his contribution was important in keeping us safe, and he got the important goals when Vardy was suspended. Leicester’s Number 23 certainly held his value, though I think we’re at that point where we need to evolve further, and if a suitable replacement comes, that will be it.

Ho ho, very nice and well done! You actually managed to snag them! I can't take a trick with these kits... One for the ‘real’ fans to get the skip on the back! I’m going to enjoy seeing him lift the trophy every time this season. Enjoy it while we can.

I still worry that some of them 'are' potent players but time will tell. I definitely would like another striker - I don't think Ulloa or Okazaki cut it in the CL and we need to be able to rely on more than Vardy (and potentially Musa) to score our goals.

Yeah think Hernandez will stay in the team for a while. It's difficult displacing a player of the champion side but Simpson was always the weakest link in that team.

Yeah disappointing for Inler. If that's the case, I hope we help move him on, for his sake at least. Someone, somewhere could use him and he could use them.

Also just had the season review on Blu Ray turn up this morning! Happy days haha.

I know what you mean, we need some that have the ability now rather than later. It would be great for them to hit their strides, but the machine needs talent for the now so we've got the future secured. I think Okazaki has got more in him, but only if paired with either Vardy or Musa. Ulloa/Okazaki is not a good combo at all.

That's what its all about. The next ones on that list is either Okazaki or Albrighton, and if we're going for the best XI, then Musa will eventually take it from Okazaki (surely Musa's too good for the bench). The competition on the wings, hoo boy, Grey and Bartman are very exciting alright, Grey seems to be getting better in every game, and the Bartman did well at the Euros. Mahrez and Marc might want to be careful. Then there's Schlupp, which will leave everyone guessing. We've got no shortage of quality wingers, so rotation will be easy. We all know about Fuchs plan to leave in two years and the Chiwell succession.

Well, so far... doesn't seem like anyone has come in yet. Well, publicly speaking. I think this will be very quiet... amazing to think what a difference a year makes.

Actually, on a further note, according to an ITK, we're only after Barbosa and Keane, and well, we shouldn't be surprised if what we're looking at right now is the final team. 23m on Barbosa... this guy was like 100k on FM, how things change.

Lucky bugger! Well, enjoy reliving that season before we kick things off against Hull with the golden badge on the arm.

It's good to be back. So kind of out of the loop over here in England. How do you watch the matched in Aus now? Is it through Optus?

Bring on 2016/17 season!!!

This is so stressful keeping tabs through the Guardian news feed. Wish I was watching. But then maybe I don't want to watch. Was Vardy's miss bad?

Bugger!!! Well we are the comeback kings. So fingers crossed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back