Remove this Banner Ad

stellation

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
:thumbsu:
Fantastic job on a dangerous player in Davis. Deserves thumbs up, I was watching them closely at stoppages and the thing that impressed me about him was he more than held his own while putting a perfectly fair tag on Davis, no scrapping/slapping/holding. Looks to know when to run off his man and his disposal of the footy was decent.

stellation said:
:thumbsu:
Fantastic job on a dangerous player in Davis. Deserves thumbs up, I was watching them closely at stoppages and the thing that impressed me about him was he more than held his own while putting a perfectly fair tag on Davis, no scrapping/slapping/holding. Looks to know when to run off his man and his disposal of the footy was decent.

yeh leigh has impressed me this year. with the loss of penny and jones at the end of '05 its good to see leigh back and playing well along with gram to shore up our often questioned defence.

I just rewatched the game. God, Leigh was fantastic. He played with great courage and determination all game, and read the ball better than most players on ground. And specially that 4th quarter. Everybody speaks about the game-saving Riewoldt mark (and deservedly). But Leigh took a couple of nice marks in defence mid-4th-qtr that were also key for us.

Keep it up!! :thumbsu:

Leigh has been awesome this year. It's amazing how well he has fitted back into AFL footy after virtually two years off. I've been really impressed with his run and also his hardness. He takes a great mark for his size as he showed against the swans. He also showed that he can do great shutdown jobs on dangerous forwards. With him now slotted in at half back it will be interesting to see what they do with X Clarke when he comes back. He could be put to half forward to give us another small forward where his speed and great kick could be used really well delivering the ball into the F50.

nicko016 said:
Leigh has been awesome this year. It's amazing how well he has fitted back into AFL footy after virtually two years off. I've been really impressed with his run and also his hardness. He takes a great mark for his size as he showed against the swans. He also showed that he can do great shutdown jobs on dangerous forwards. With him now slotted in at half back it will be interesting to see what they do with X Clarke when he comes back. He could be put to half forward to give us another small forward where his speed and great kick could be used really well delivering the ball into the F50.

yeh good point
gram and the fishers are providing great run from defence, i reckon give a shot to xav to play on the wing although im still not convinced of his decision making, so mayb the half forward flank could best suit him as if in doubt the big sticks are right there. good move putting schwarze in forward line, his decision making is poor, put him deep in the forward line and all he has to do is kick it thru the posts. xav is more talented however and depp in the forward line would nullify his speed, so ill be interested to see what happens...

nudgep said:
yeh good point
gram and the fishers are providing great run from defence, i reckon give a shot to xav to play on the wing although im still not convinced of his decision making, so mayb the half forward flank could best suit him as if in doubt the big sticks are right there. good move putting schwarze in forward line, his decision making is poor, put him deep in the forward line and all he has to do is kick it thru the posts. xav is more talented however and depp in the forward line would nullify his speed, so ill be interested to see what happens...

Yeh, you're probably right, but I probaly meant more of a half forward than forward pocket. He could do well accross half forward in a Davey like role. A good thing to see come back into his game would be his overheard marking which he has put away in the last couple of years. He got good strong hands for his size and if he puts a bit of that into his games he will be very dangerous. He could play a bit like Kayne Pettifer and he has been become really dangerous.

Xavier Clarke is a genuine "A" Grade player. He is highly skilled, a real playmaker and will be a creative force after he re-acclimatises to the pace of the game. He loves to take a run and bounce and he has exquisite decision-making skills. I personally thought he would take a role at half back (that Gram has made his own). I also think he would do well from a wing, so I don't think Leigh's position will be given to X.

Ultimately both X and Leigh Fisher may end up in the midfield rotation, but I don't think either are quite up to it just yet.

StKildonan said:
Xavier Clarke is a genuine "A" Grade player. He is highly skilled, a real playmaker and will be a creative force after he re-acclimatises to the pace of the game. He loves to take a run and bounce and he has exquisite decision-making skills. I personally thought he would take a role at half back (that Gram has made his own). I also think he would do well from a wing, so I don't think Leigh's position will be given to X.

Ultimately both X and Leigh Fisher may end up in the midfield rotation, but I don't think either are quite up to it just yet.

i disagree, numerous times ive seen him play he gets caught holding the ball cos of hesitancy, his decision making will improve with games played and experience, but atm he isnt great at the split decisions unlike say a nick dal santo

I saw that you mentioned it earlier and I highlighted because I think you're wrong. Let's not argue about it. We're all supporting the same team, we just have different opinions here.

StKildonan said:
I saw that you mentioned it earlier and I highlighted because I think you're wrong. Let's not argue about it. We're all supporting the same team, we just have different opinions here.

ok...

nudgep said:
i disagree, numerous times ive seen him play he gets caught holding the ball cos of hesitancy, his decision making will improve with games played and experience, but atm he isnt great at the split decisions unlike say a nick dal santo

Hit the nail on the head. Is so brilliant in glimpses yet so poor in others.

Stkildadon what the hell are u talking about?? "A" grade player. That is absolute rubbish. I hope he will become an A grade player but at the moment he is far from it.

Everyone has their opinion but it is clear that in this case yours is blatently wrong.

I dont understand how you develope these warped views on St.kilda issues.

Seriously. I read this thread and just shake my head at your opinion against a guy who has basically hit the nail on the head.

As I said to nudgep, we'll agree to disagree.

I remember someone being admant that Goddard was a dud too...

This post in a thread entitled Goddard dropped
_Ron_ said:
Finally!! Been calling for this for over a year!! Had so many disagreements with so many other saints fans but FINALLY the selectors see the light.

Duddard = dud!

Shwarze>Duddard .. Enough said!!

:)

Look how spot on that assessment has shown to be :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

StKildonan said:

Look how spot on that assessment has shown to be :rolleyes:

are you serious?

Thats got absolutely nothing to do with what we are talking about.

i dont even know why i bother.

SpInNeR said:
Hit the nail on the head. Is so brilliant in glimpses yet so poor in others.

Stkildadon what the hell are u talking about?? "A" grade player. That is absolute rubbish. I hope he will become an A grade player but at the moment he is far from it.

Everyone has their opinion but it is clear that in this case yours is blatently wrong.

I dont understand how you develope these warped views on St.kilda issues.

Seriously. I read this thread and just shake my head at your opinion against a guy who has basically hit the nail on the head.

cheers spinner

Stkildonan said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ron_
Finally!! Been calling for this for over a year!! Had so many disagreements with so many other saints fans but FINALLY the selectors see the light.

Duddard = dud!

Shwarze>Duddard .. Enough said!!

:)

Look how spot on that assessment has shown to be

ok i know we agreed to disagree, but its fine to have a civilised debate amongst your own team. We'r saying clarke has potential but at the moment is pretty average, i wouldnt trade him, no way but at the moment u cant say hes A grade.
I hav been a critic of goddard, yes he was a "dud" but he had enough potential to keep him at the club. if he didnt perform this year though...time was ticking for him. by bringing up some random persons judgment who called him a dud and wanted him dropped doesnt mean that xavier clarke is a good player it just reinforces our position that people develop at different times and xavier hasnt reached that point yet. i dont reckon xavier should be dropped, but not an A grade player with equiste decision making skills

Remove this Banner Ad

Back