Discussion Sam Fisher charged with drug trafficking

Remove this Banner Ad

What would/should we have done with the money otherwise?
No we should just throw it at washed up druggie , that the whole footy world knew about his issues

We have money lets just waste it

I won’t ask again
I think its a cop out to say what else could we have done with the money

Especially when everyone knew of the issues Hanners had and the man that done the deal had such close ties to the family

Could be true. Could be complete crap. I’m certainly going going the last part is complete rubbish. Explain how the hell that helps leathlean. God we believe some crap and I’m not talking the drugs because I have no idea. I’m talking the leathlean absolute rubbish.
There is a chance Lethlean didn't know about Hanners drug issues, but it is extremely remote IMO. His old man sure AF knew what was going on in Sydney.

Don't care if u believe it or not, but am good mates with one of Tippets mates. They lived together up in Sydney for awhile, and Hanners behaviour was deplorable. Heard it from multiple sources that have seen it first hand, and have witnessed him myself on nights out.

The idea that Hanners provides "leadership" off-field is by far the dumbest concept I have seen on any thread on BigFooty.

If you genuinely think Hanners off-field behaviour was not known in footy circles and therefore by Lethlean, you are having a laugh.

Next you will try and tell me Bomber Thompson's issues were a shock🤣 Mate, everybody knows the rascals. It is impossible to hide.

Without going into details, it is WELL known. We're not talking about a maybe here.

Unfortunately it is what it is. We were fed a s**t sandwich by Lethers and have to eat it.
Not having ago at boomers here, but I feel sometimes they underestimate how big the drug issue is. It's just a different culture these days, and EVERYTHING gets out.

Could legitimately name 10 dudes I know personally that have got on the bags with Hanners, and the stories are all 100% consistent.

Dude is a fiend, and to suggest the club had no idea is just embarrassing. We either do the worst reference checks in the AFL (possible), or we turned a blind eye to his known issues (probable).

There is a chance Lethlean didn't know about Hanners drug issues, but it is extremely remote IMO. His old man sure AF knew what was going on in Sydney.

Don't care if u believe it or not, but am good mates with one of Tippets mates. They lived together up in Sydney for awhile, and Hanners behaviour was deplorable. Heard it from multiple sources that have seen it first hand, and have witnessed him myself on nights out.

The idea that Hanners provides "leadership" off-field is by far the dumbest concept I have seen on any thread on BigFooty.

If you genuinely think Hanners off-field behaviour was not known in footy circles and therefore by Lethlean, you are having a laugh.

Next you will try and tell me Bomber Thompson's issues were a shock🤣 Mate, everybody knows the rascals. It is impossible to hide.
Tippett? How did he go with his behaviour? And again how does it help leathlean if it was so obvious? It hurts. It doesn’t help. I love social media. How is Steven and sinclair going?

Not having ago at boomers here, but I feel sometimes they underestimate how big the drug issue is. It's just a different culture these days, and EVERYTHING gets out.

Could legitimately name 10 dudes I know personally that have got on the bags with Hanners, and the stories are all 100% consistent.

Dude is a fiend, and to suggest the club had no idea is just embarrassing. We either do the worst reference checks in the AFL (possible), or we turned a blind eye to his known issues (probable).
Now he is a dealer. Not one person is suggesting players don’t use drugs.

Could be that these AFL players leave the game after earning 500k a year and end up like many people in a job earning $22/hr.
Most people though don’t resort to selling commercial quantities of drugs.
They just struggle.
I know a guy who smuggled a significant amount of drugs simply to pay for the upgrades on his car. He didn't touch those drugs, he just had to drive from Point A to Point B without looking guilty.
Naturally he did it more than once, anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that the lifestyle is significantly nicer than the rest of us realizes. It's not hard to see how it could become addictive.

No we should just throw it at washed up druggie , that the whole footy world knew about his issues

We have money lets just waste it
What about Brad Crouch, he literally got busted with coke before we got him but now he is playing well so I guess you'll give him a pass.

The issue with Hannebery is that he has been injured, to label him a druggie is very low.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Brad Crouch, he literally got busted with coke before we got him but now he is playing well so I guess you'll give him a pass.

The issue with Hannebery is that he has been injured, to label him a druggie is very low.

I think it's more accurate to say that he is a druggie but not more of a druggie than many others (Crouch and Carlisle are well-documented). My understanding of Hanners is that he was well into it when he was playing well and making AA teams, just like many many other players. Injuries aside, there was no particular reason to believe he was more problematic than any of the other senior players across the AFL who love nose beers and still play great footy.

Fair point about crouch, again I’d say most footballers have dabbled (and again completely understandable from my POV young men, with a lot of money, access and time).

Hanners has had the rumours for more than a decade. I lived in Sydney for 18 months and people up there who knew nothing about footy used to talk about it, literally people who knew Buddy as Jessintas partner knew who Hanners was from his cocaine fueled escapades.

From what I understand he’s actually curtailed it since returning and having the injury issues (could also be that the powder is a younger man’s game) but anyone suggesting the Hanners stuff is just rumour is awfully naive.

They wouldn’t believe half the things we have seen with our own eyes lol

In the most polite way, you seriously have NO idea.

Just out of curiosity, how old are you?
Haha you have no idea mate, and seriously what does my age have to do with anything?

I've seen footage of a certain Dogs player off his head over the off season, he's getting about 40 possessions a game though so he'd probably be a good signing.

I'm not under any delusions about drugs I'd say most of the players would dabble and many would get on it frequently, the idea that we shouldn't have signed Hannebery because of some rumour that he got on it is the biggest revisionist bullshit and by the same token we shouldn't have signed Crouch and should probably delist half our side.

It's not fair to label Hannebery a druggie based on some rumours and innuendo that everyone wants us to take as fact, it's just bitterness about the trade not working out but the reason it has failed is injury.

Haha you have no idea mate, and seriously what does my age have to do with anything?

I've seen footage of a certain Dogs player off his head over the off season, he's getting about 40 possessions a game though so he'd probably be a good signing.

I'm not under any delusions about drugs I'd say most of the players would dabble and many would get on it frequently, the idea that we shouldn't have signed Hannebery because of some rumour that he got on it is the biggest revisionist bullshit and by the same token we shouldn't have signed Crouch and should probably delist half our side.

It's not fair to label Hannebery a druggie based on some rumours and innuendo that everyone wants us to take as fact, it's just bitterness about the trade not working out but the reason it has failed is injury.
At what point does it go from rumour to fact though.

I’ve personally never seen Dan on the bags in the flesh but I’ve heard of it from so many unrelated people who gain nothing from spreading a rumour like that. At some point where there is billowing black smoke there’s fire (and I’d preface this by saying if he’d shown up and played some good footy for us I wouldn’t have cared in the slightest).

What don’t you understand? It’s not a rumour. Do you know AFL players? Do you know dealers? Do you know dealers that sell directly to AFL players? Have you been to the parties?

Your age has everything to do with it. You just don’t know it. Let’s just agree to disagree.

Ps. Hanners was taken out of the leadership group to ‘focus on his rehab’.

Okay 😉

D
What don’t you understand? It’s not a rumour. Do you know AFL players? Do you know dealers? Do you know dealers that sell directly to AFL players? Have you been to the parties?

Your age has everything to do with it. You just don’t know it. Let’s just agree to disagree.

Ps. Hanners was taken out of the leadership group to ‘focus on his rehab’.

Okay 😉
Sorry, didn't realise we had a modern day Hunter S Thompson on our forum. Hopefully you write a book about it one day.

D

Sorry, didn't realise we had a modern day Hunter S Thompson on our forum. Hopefully you write a book about it one day.
Can I just ask (and I’m not being antagonistic) is your point that you don’t believe Dan has a drug issue or that regardless of his drug issue if he’s playing well we shouldn’t care?

Can I just ask (and I’m not being antagonistic) is your point that you don’t believe Dan has a drug issue or that regardless of his drug issue if he’s playing well we shouldn’t care?
Both. Of course Dan has probably done drugs just like most players and if he went on some Fear and Loathing benders that wouldn't surprise me too but I'm not going to say it's fact when there's no actual proof.

In spite of all that how's his supposed partner in crime Buddy going? Just kicked his 1000th and anointed as an AFL legend last I saw. So yeah I'm not sure we should care.

Without going into details, it is WELL known. We're not talking about a maybe here.

Unfortunately it is what it is. We were fed a s**t sandwich by Lethers and have to eat it.

It looks like the AFL probably got the Saints to take on Hanners wage as a way to get him away from Bud and take a hit off Sydney's salary cap so that s**t didn't hit the fan up there. I wonder if we did some kind of shady deal with the AFL that means that they owe us a favour?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back