Lets Talk Yankees

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed on all counts. But a 2021 and beyond Tanaka is a 4, probably a 5 on a world series team.

I'd much rather our 4 & 5 be a mixture of Garcia Schmidt and Monty than another year of Tanaka. Then there is German as well.......
Don't rate Monty personally. I know he's still young, but his his radar is too flakey for my liking, it's either hit-or-completely-miss, and he's a horrible inside the diamond fielder. No athleticism at all.

German? Now THERE'S a prospect.

Agreed on all counts. But a 2021 and beyond Tanaka is a 4, probably a 5 on a world series team.

I'd much rather our 4 & 5 be a mixture of Garcia Schmidt and Monty than another year of Tanaka. Then there is German as well.......

Garcia and Schmidt should both be decent. Flick off Paxton, Happ and possibly Tanaka. Bring in another quality starter. We need a proper 1-2 punch.

Bullpen also needs bolstering. Bye bye Chapman. The lack of confidence in Ottavino during the play offs probably means he gets moved on? Shame as I liked him at the Rockies and last season he was great for the Yankees. Would love to acquire Devin Williams or Hader (both at the Brewers).

the batting is bloody frustrating. Stanton showed just how bloody good he can be, during the play offs. Frazier is quality and needs to be an everyday player next season. DJ needs to be signed up. Judge needs an injury free season. These are the four hitters that I would be confident of hitting against any line up. Torres is another that needs an injury free season. But when the big boppers are injured, we looked terrible.

Urshela stays as defensively he is very very good most of the time.

I know Voit was immense during the regular season but I would not mind if he was moved on. Ford needs to be moved on. Gardner depending on his asking price will retire or be moved on. But to his credit, he was bloody good in the post season.

Sanchez was primarily a great catcher because of his bat. Now, he sucks at batting and catching lol. I would move him on. Higgy is a very good back up. I would go buy another catcher.

I don’t think Boone is a great manager. A better manager would have won the Rays series. Some of his decisions during the series were rubbish.

Last edited:
Garcia and Schmidt should both be decent. Flick off Paxton, Happ and possibly Tanaka. Bring in another quality starter. We need a proper 1-2 punch.

Bullpen also needs bolstering. Bye bye Chapman. The lack of confidence in Ottavino during the play offs probably means he gets moved on? Shame as I liked him at the Rockies and last season he was great for the Yankees. Would love to acquire Devin Williams or Hader (both at the Brewers).

the batting is bloody frustrating. Stanton showed just how bloody good he can be, during the play offs. Frazier is quality and needs to be an everyday player next season. DJ needs to be signed up. Judge needs an injury free season. These are the four hitters that I would be confident of hitting against any line up. Torres is another that needs an injury free season. But when the big boppers are inured, we looked terrible.

Urshela stays as defensively he is very very good most of the time.

I know Voit was immense during the regular season but I would not mind if he was moved on. Ford needs to be moved on. Gardner depending on his asking price will retire or be moved on. But to his credit, he was bloody good in the post season.

Sanchez was primarily a great catcher because of his bat. Now, he sucks at batting and catching lol. I would move him on. Higgy is a very good back up. I would go buy another catcher.

I don’t think Boone is a great manager. A better manager would have won the Rays series. Some of his decisions during the series were rubbish.
How many games did we have all of DJ/Judge/Stanton/Voit/Torres playing this season?

Under a dozen?

Injuries have killed us the last 2 years.

How many games did we have all of DJ/Judge/Stanton/Voit/Torres playing this season?

Under a dozen?

Injuries have killed us the last 2 years.

agree, but history says we cannot rely on Stanton and Judge to be injury free. I think they have already mentioned that next year he will be the DH.

Hicks is also injury prone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back