Lets Talk Yankees

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a test thread, just wanting to see how much traffic we get by having an individual team page. Yankees seemed the logical team to do this with so to all Yankees followers on this thread lets start talking Yankees.

All other teams at this stage keep discussions to the MLB thread, but if I get 4 or 5 posters for one club wanting their own team we will start another thread up.

If this thread doesn't have the traffic over Spring Training I will merge it into the MLB thread.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained:)

I'll bite, even though the yankees really don't interest me that much. What do you reckon will be their win total this year? I'm thinking with the tougher competition inside the division- improvement of the Jays in particular, that 87 may be the max for these guys. Could be a real dogfight in the AL East.

I'll bite, even though the yankees really don't interest me that much. What do you reckon will be their win total this year? I'm thinking with the tougher competition inside the division- improvement of the Jays in particular, that 87 may be the max for these guys. Could be a real dogfight in the AL East.

the east will once again be interesting. yankees still have possibly one of the.best rotations, cc kuroda pettite Hughes and either nova or phelps will more than hold their own. yankees bullpen is also as always a strength. hitting lineup has its usual power. granderson texeira cano are always dangerous home run hitters. the biggest issue facing us will be the available and output of jeter, how youk will adjust to playing with the evil enemy and of course age and injury. i expect us to be challenging for the title but anything can happen. that's why i love this game.

Really need young guys to fire in the forst half of the season, the older players don't have the tank to go 162 games plus a full post season anymore, worry for the Yankees is so many of there players are 35 plus, I agree 87 is their max, and if they don't have one or two players step up and allow the older bodies to have a rest, I think they will miss the post season, and if they did scrap in, they will be tired and get knocked out in straight sets like they did in 2012.

I honestly think in that series against the Tigers last year the Astro's would have pushed them, they need to rotate during the year, but for the first time in a long time they don't have the personnel to rotate. Can't see them winning the WS.

But they don't have the young players to step up- even the pitching staff, which nop is pushing, is up there in age (Hughes and Nova the exceptions. But when you look around, their stars are all the over side of 30, and some of them (most) past 35. I think it will be a struggle for them.

Did hear today that Pinieda is throwing, but they don't expect him to be pitching any time soon. He could obviously help, but when? That's the big question.

I've been a Yankees fan since the late 80s, but don't get to follow the MLB as much as I'd like to and can't hold a candle to the knowledge around here.

I think the O's, Rays, even the BlueJays are younger and hungrier than us at the moment and I'm not sure if we can keep pace with them.
Curious to see how Rivera returns from his injury.

If I was to do my predictions at this minute I would have the Rays and Blue Jays ahead of them in the ALE, and fighting with the Orioles for 3rd.

I am glad the Yankees are trying to keep the payroll under control.

The AL East will be extremely competitive this year, any of those teams are a post-season contenders.

Thinking that the Blue Jays win the division with the Yankees battling it out for the wild card. Not so certain the Rays will have a great season. In fact, I think the Rays could take a bit of a dip and may look to trading David Price towards the deadline.

I see the Yankees as still a good team, great even at times throughout the season, but too old to match it with the hungry teams. I see them as being a team "there abouts" early on in the season, disappointing their fans but a team who as the season progresses makes some runs. If they were an NBA team they would be this season's Boston Celtics. A challenger and a dangerous opponent on their day but not really a contender.

A Fraud put on the 60 day DL today. It was coming, simply a question of when they did it.

Thinking that the Blue Jays win the division with the Yankees battling it out for the wild card. Not so certain the Rays will have a great season. In fact, I think the Rays could take a bit of a dip and may look to trading David Price towards the deadline.

I see the Yankees as still a good team, great even at times throughout the season, but too old to match it with the hungry teams. I see them as being a team "there abouts" early on in the season, disappointing their fans but a team who as the season progresses makes some runs. If they were an NBA team they would be this season's Boston Celtics. A challenger and a dangerous opponent on their day but not really a contender.

Agree with all of that. What will make the difference for the Yankees is if we find another clutch player like Ibanez was for us last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with all of that. What will make the difference for the Yankees is if we find another clutch player like Ibanez was for us last year.

Yeah, I agree. You'll cash in a middling prospect at the deadline or find a veteran free agent. Whether they have that type of success is anyone's guess but you know with the Yankees that it wont be for a lack of trying.

Jeter expects to be ready for opening day, but will have a lighter spring schedule than in past years.

85-95 wins

Blue Jays are the team that look like a threat to me in the AL east. Brett Lawrie and now Melky Cabrera, and I also rate Brandon Morrow as a pitcher. Really looking forward to opening day vs the Red sox to.

my pre season predictions:
Cano will win AL MVP (bitter sweet because he'll really up his demand around the league and is a free agent next off season.)

CC Sabathia again 200 plus Ks

Michael Pineda will surprise this year

Go Yankees!

Think Yankees may struggle to make playoffs. Pitching ok but think they got too many holes in line up.

Ichiro was in decline before he perked up when joined Yankees. Can't see that form continuing. Hafner and Youk old and in decline. Texeira should signs of decline and Granderson besides 43 HRs struck out far too much. Question marks on Jeter's ankle at 39. Gardner back fron injury A-Rod is finished. Losing Martin was a downgrade at catcher.
Cano is a star.

Old team that will hang in there but eventually will be overrun by hungrier and better teams.

Just on Yankees, was reading about Babe Ruth the other day and checked out his career stats and they were simply phenomenal. But what I found amazing in that in his first 5-6 years with the Yankees he also pitched, in fact in a couple of seasons he pitched more than 300+ innings. In one year finished No 1 in AL in ERA with 1.75 (was only 21 yo) !!!

Career ERA of 2.28 and WHIP of 1.15, as the article said, that is Hall of Fame pitching stats.
What a freak player.

Those years were with the Red Sox, who signed him first, before Harry frazee sold him to New York. No question Ruth was a hell of a pitcher- holds the record for consecutive scoreless innings in the World Series (think it is 29 and a third).

He pitched a little with the yankees, but they recognized his hitting ability and he played mostly in the field for them.

Bad news today for the Evil Empire, and news no fan likes to ehar, especially in a sprig training game. Curtis granderson suffered a broken forearm and will be out until early May in all probability. The Yakee power production, already hurt by Swisher, Ibanez, and a couple others leaving the enst, will be hurt even more for the first month of the season.

Curtis Granderson injury hurts the Yankees. They now have Cameron Diaz and Juanita Rivera in his spot.
Heard on a Podcast today Johnny Damon has said he will talk to the Yankees about covering for a month, surely the Yankees have enough old timers and will steer away from this.

Cashman has turned down Damon's offer- says they will replace Curtis from within the organization.

Just on Yankees, was reading about Babe Ruth the other day and checked out his career stats and they were simply phenomenal. But what I found amazing in that in his first 5-6 years with the Yankees he also pitched, in fact in a couple of seasons he pitched more than 300+ innings. In one year finished No 1 in AL in ERA with 1.75 (was only 21 yo) !!!

Career ERA of 2.28 and WHIP of 1.15, as the article said, that is Hall of Fame pitching stats.
What a freak player.

That ERA in fact places him fifth on the all-time list! (1000 innings pitched to qualify). The guy was a freak, no doubt about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back