Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Bring back the Thor guernsey!

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
No one has ever been able to give me a convincing answer to this. I used to say Libba because it looks a bit nicer and it's a bit easier to say but lately I've found myself going to Libber when I'm screaming at the telly. I feel it really emphasises his hardness in the contest and just how much of an intense bloke he is when you put that R at the end. However, I also didn't mind BT's now infamous round two call: "Libbalibbalibbalibbalibbalibbaaaaaa"

So, how do YOU say it?

No one has ever been able to give me a convincing answer to this. I used to say Libba because it looks a bit nicer and it's a bit easier to say but lately I've found myself going to Libber when I'm screaming at the telly. I feel it really emphasises his hardness in the contest and just how much of an intense bloke he is when you put that R at the end. However, I also didn't mind BT's now infamous round two call: "Libbalibbalibbalibbalibbalibbaaaaaa"

So, how do YOU say it?
How about we listen to you screaming it both ways and then we’ll decide?
:)

So, how do YOU say it?
Definitely Libbaaaaaaah unless he does something wrong and then I prefer Thomaaarse in a measured but disapproving tone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coming from Italian stock myself, and seeing the full name is Liberatore, I always thought it should be 'Liber', but 'Libba' Australianises it nicely. (In the same way that the former player to me when kicking goals was always 'Stringggaaaa'...)

Note: There was an awful period in the early 90s where that tool McAveney actually referred to Tom's dad in commentary as 'Libbers' with an 's', and also pronounced the 'r' - astounding!

Surely you meant to say "skipifies" - having married into a collection of Italian in-laws that is certainly their favoured terminology.

My family came here just after the war (WW2, that is), predates the ‘skippy’ reference. I loved watching it as a child though - I’m so old I saw it’s original tv run! o_O

Back