Ling

Remove this Banner Ad

"YOU KNOW WHAT BRUCE, ANOTHER 7 GOALS IN A ROW HERE AND THEY'RE REALLY IN THIS"

With old mate Cameron every sentence must be in capitals for this man has no awareness of how loud his voice is or that he doesn't need to shout into a microphone 2mm from his face.
"What do you think they need to do to win tonight Cameron?"
"WELL BRUCE THEY REALLY NEED TO GET OFF TO A GOOD START BRUCE. ITS VITALLY IMPORTANT TO GET SOME CONFIDENCE EARLY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY HIT THE SCOREBOARD AND GET SOME REWARD FOR EFFORT OTHERWISE IT COULD COME BACK TO BITE THEM LATER ON"

Did I get the tone right?

"WELL BRUCE THEY REALLY NEED TO GET OFF TO A GOOD START BRUCE. ITS VITALLY IMPORTANT TO GET SOME CONFIDENCE EARLY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY HIT THE SCOREBOARD AND GET SOME REWARD FOR EFFORT OTHERWISE IT COULD COME BACK TO BITE THEM LATER ON"

yep thats it, my ears are already tingling with strain

Time for this ******* to **** off. Deadset dickehad who just goes with the flow. Has his own agenda for certain players or teams and even then what he says is garabage. Watching the video below makes me feel better.

Freo need to go back to those jumpers

in many ways Ling embodies the problem with the game's media.
he was my favorite player, and the qualities that gave him a good career playing is what is going to give him a good(and lucrative) career as a media guy. he's identified what he needs to do to stay in the gig, as he did in adding the tagging role after not being a good forward and only an average midfielder. he can see how Darcy has made a career of it, so he's doing the same; be the bland, straight man in the crowded booth.
really, footy game broadcasts are populated a play caller and muzak providers. very rarely there is a special comment that adds value, recently Bartel's structure comment and Bereton had one last weekend as examples. Ling, though, has become the master of the cliche, audio space filler. you could legitimately use the old radio DJ go-to with pre-recorded sound bites at the press of a button.
it's sad because Ling could make quality comments with his footy knowledge.

I can't believe no one replayed his dummy-spit on ch 73 before Friday's game when Carey had a crack about his "dog-act" swipe.
Is the media looking after one of their mates? They usually milk something like that

This is a pretty good take but you need to repeat the same point at least 3 more times, changing the wording up slightly so it sounds like you have 3 new points, all whilst play continues in the background.

This is a pretty good take but you need to repeat the same point at least 3 more times, changing the wording up slightly so it sounds like you have 3 new points, all whilst play continues in the background.
So this week it will be
"WELL BRUCE THEY REALLY NEED TO GET OFF TO A FAST START TONIGHT BRUCE. ITS CRUCIALLY IMPORTANT TO GET THEIR TAILS UP EARLY ON - GET SOME BELIEF BRUCE - AND MOST IMPORTANTLY TURN THAT GOOD PLAY INTO GOALS AND GET SOME SCOREBOARD PRESSURE OTHERWISE YOU KNOW THE OPPOSITION ARE GOING TO GET A RUN ON AT SOME STAGE AND MAKE THEM PAY"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So this week it will be
"WELL BRUCE THEY REALLY NEED TO GET OFF TO A FAST START TONIGHT BRUCE. ITS CRUCIALLY IMPORTANT TO GET THEIR TAILS UP EARLY ON - GET SOME BELIEF BRUCE - AND MOST IMPORTANTLY TURN THAT GOOD PLAY INTO GOALS AND GET SOME SCOREBOARD PRESSURE OTHERWISE YOU KNOW THE OPPOSITION ARE GOING TO GET A RUN ON AT SOME STAGE AND MAKE THEM PAY"
Perfect :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back