Ling

Remove this Banner Ad

You can almost hear the gears change when he realises that he has been banging on about the Cats for way too long as he squeezes in some empty platitude about the opposition in the name of balance.

Last night Peter Bell chimed in with his first insightful and short comment.

Afterwards, BT goes "gee whiz he's so clear and concise isn't he? Boy oh boy"

So embarrassing that an actual intellectual comment has become a rareity in the commentating of our national game.

That's channel 7's standards.
Don't mind Belly commentating - he always seems so unbiased compared to others - even when West Coast are playing Freo or North you wouldn't know that he has previously played for those Clubs in the past.

The fact that the 'front bar' guys crossed to him for an extended time last week suggests that channel 7 think he has credibility issues. It's going to take more than that.

The fact that the 'front bar' guys crossed to him for an extended time last week suggests that channel 7 think he has credibility issues. It's going to take more than that.
They do that regularly. Except this time he didn't make a pickle of himself like Darcy did the week before.

Who the * does he think he is sledging off Mckernan like that? A 6ft Aryian soldier? I think not

Lingy's being real negative this game and criticizing a lot of Sydney campaigners.

I still maintain that Channel 7 could create a soundboard of Lingy's calls and save a lot of money. Says the same thing week in week out. No insight or analysis whatsoever.

I swear when he first started 5 years ago he was pretty decent. Now he talks literally every 15 seconds, and when you combine that with his infuriating voice I think it's fair to say that he's the WOAT commentator

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's generic & bland and therefore doesn't interfere with the product sales
We are footy heads here on BF, but the vast majority of people watching football on TV are really clueless about the game. I think CH7 know exactly what they are doing by having a captain obvious on their team - he caters to the clueless viewers and allows them to think "there's one guy on the team that makes sense to me, I like that Lingy guy!". Seriously, watching football with members of my family is proof of this. They have no idea - just right for Lingy's level of discourse...

We are footy heads here on BF, but the vast majority of people watching football on TV are really clueless about the game. I think CH7 know exactly what they are doing by having a captain obvious on their team - he caters to the clueless viewers and allows them to think "there's one guy on the team that makes sense to me, I like that Lingy guy!". Seriously, watching football with members of my family is proof of this. They have no idea - just right for Lingy's level of discourse...
Good post.
And the thing is that AFL is more and more an "entertainment package" than a sporting comp in how it is presented. It's not going to be setup about what "footy heads" think and to us it looks amateurish and boys club and unprofessional. But your post is what the reality is.

To be fair the telecast is 5 of them joking around having a wank fest over each other.
Then every 3-5 mins Ling will say something like 'that was an important goal' when the team are 30 points down.

Then Richo or BT will chime in with 'not as big as my goal in r17 2002'

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

To be fair the telecast is 5 of them joking around having a wank fest over each other.
Then every 3-5 mins Ling will say something like 'that was an important goal' when the team are 30 points down.

Then Richo or BT will chime in with 'not as big as my goal in r17 2002'

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Exactly the point I was making! Entertainment/Media for football dummies.

I haven't been following AFL for too long, so I'm happy with a "meat and three veg" commentator.

As far as Ling goes, he seems okay. He's not too biased, I don't think. Perhaps a little vanilla, though.

Ch 7 boys club. For ex afl morons to retire to. Lulling the masses to sleep. Ling is a pathetic imbicile with Dangers cum on his face, and Selwoods on his arse cheeks, Baz wouldn't know how to call an afl player correctly if he was paid, my kids think hes creepy, Darcy is a fool.
Don't mind Richo, Bt ok, Bruce "special".
I lol'd

Someone needs to muffle this guy, he talks loudly and is largely uninsightful, its bloody annoying.

"OHHH THATS RIGHT BRUCE *says something bleeding obvious*"
Ha that's absolutely perfect. Team A is pulling away 6 goals clear in the last quarter and you are guaranteed to hear Ling "Team B have got to play this game out, these 5 minutes are really important, they don't want this to turn into a 10 goal thrashing".

Sherlock Holmes he aint.

Ha that's absolutely perfect. Team A is pulling away 6 goals clear in the last quarter and you are guaranteed to hear Ling "Team B have got to play this game out, these 5 minutes are really important, they don't want this to turn into a 10 goal thrashing".

Sherlock Holmes he aint.
"YOU KNOW WHAT BRUCE, ANOTHER 7 GOALS IN A ROW HERE AND THEY'RE REALLY IN THIS"

With old mate Cameron every sentence must be in capitals for this man has no awareness of how loud his voice is or that he doesn't need to shout into a microphone 2mm from his face.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back