List Mgmt. List design 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

South Africa and UK experience shows this variant has a sharp uptake initially and just as sharp a decline soon after

footy season in March will be fine (of course Smugowan idiocy may see the 2 WA teams relocated to Vic for start of season)
Agreed.

Long time til March. It'll be much tamer then.

Even better if this burns out Delta while its at it. Would be for the best really.

New isolation rules, if you get covid, you only need to isolate for 7 days. Test on day 6 with a rapid test. And if negative you are free to go.

Close contacts the same, 7 days.

I wouldn't think they'd miss anymore than 1 game, as long as they feel okay.
The other important thing with the recent changes to close/casual contacts is the 4 hour rule. Clubs will keep all training sessions/meeting to less than 4 hours as well as splitting groups. In this way, if player x test positive, no one else deemed to be a close contact ( unless its a Crisp/ Poulter things )
Makes you wonder if the club may even change that living arrangements if we have multiple guys sharing the same abode?

While i'm at it, can't thanks you enough Jen for your posting/information sharing and general positive support of everything Collingwood in 2021!
More power to you.

The other important thing with the recent changes to close/casual contacts is the 4 hour rule. Clubs will keep all training sessions/meeting to less than 4 hours as well as splitting groups. In this way, if player x test positive, no one else deemed to be a close contact ( unless its a Crisp/ Poulter things )
Makes you wonder if the club may even change that living arrangements if we have multiple guys sharing the same abode?

While i'm at it, can't thanks you enough Jen for your posting/information sharing and general positive support of everything Collingwood in 2021!
More power to you.

You're welcome.

I don't think they'll change living arrangements. Too many live together.
Crisp/Poulter. Crisp's brother-inlaw who plays with our VFL lives with them too.
Chuggy/McCreery
I think Henry/Macrae live together.
Not sure about Ginnivan

Also in relation to what you just mentioned.

" Small training groups could also be re-introduced for indoor sessions to further minimise the risk. "

More power to you.
The redefining of ‘close contact’ is merely to allow people to choose not to be tested and not isolate - hang everyone else.

CFC care about the health of their employees, and players, so will be maintaining a regime that minimises infection and the spread within the group.

More power to you.
Not sure if covid will be too respectful of the 4 hour rules. When one of them gets it, lots of them will.

Not sure case numbers are that relevant with Omicron Better to track hospital and ICU numbers
Don't disagree in terms of society, but not particularly relevant to AFL disruptions. I think it will have raged through and be on the way out by football season anyway - except for WA who will probably be in the midst of it. When you're getting 20,000 new confirmed cases in NSW a day (the actual number of new cases would be multiples higher) and Vic will catch up - it won't be long before a significant percentage of the population have had it and it starts bumping up against immunity.

Don't disagree in terms of society, but not particularly relevant to AFL disruptions. I think it will have raged through and be on the way out by football season anyway - except for WA who will probably be in the midst of it. When you're getting 20,000 new confirmed cases in NSW a day (the actual number of new cases would be multiples higher) and Vic will catch up - it won't be long before a significant percentage of the population have had it and it starts bumping up against immunity.
I do think by March it will have mostly burned out. It'll go hard and fast, and then decline like in South Africa.
We just gotta wait it out.

There is a good article on the age that talks about 2022 being the end of the pandemic, which I agree. Especially with his vew variant it'll become flu like illness. We continue on. But given not as severe, it'll burn out and wont have much impact on the health system. Which is the main point we as a community are focusing on now.

Not sure if covid will be too respectful of the 4 hour rules. When one of them gets it, lots of them will.
Absolutely covid will do its thing. Multiple players will contract covid no doubt, I'm sure plenty have.
The previous designation of a close contact would have meant many, maybe all on the list binned for 7 days, now this is not the case.
Makes a very difficult situation that little less tricky. Clubs ability to prepare while separating/minimising contact, boosting, RAT ing, implementing internal masking/ventilation/CO2 monitoring will have a huge say on the strength of squad put on the park each week.
A touch of luck never goes astray either

Remove this Banner Ad

Back