Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
drongo? Doubt it mate!!!! Tell it as it comes. We shall see looking forward to the start of next year already:thumbsu:

I'd be interested to know how many games you have seen clutton play this year to make you an expert?

And these posts saying poyner is unfit??? i had to double check they weren't talking about shevlin or manly...

Oh, and congrats to Calivil. I think most saw this coming when they clicked into gear in the second half of the year.

I'd be interested to know how many games you have seen clutton play this year to make you an expert?

And these posts saying poyner is unfit??? i had to double check they weren't talking about shevlin or manly...

Oh, and congrats to Calivil. I think most saw this coming when they clicked into gear in the second half of the year.

Well unfit or not looks like he just won another premiership medallion..... how many have you won bboy?

Congrats to Calivil. Another well deserved flag.

Well unfit or not looks like he just won another premiership medallion..... how many have you won bboy

Im happier never winning one and being born with only one nut than having a reputation like his and driving a bus for a living, besides he only came back for a handful of games to get another easy flag.

Im happier never winning one and being born with only one nut than having a reputation like his and driving a bus for a living, besides he only came back for a handful of games to get another easy flag.

Reputation? Please do tell.

Driving a bus for a living..... relevance?

I think he came back from injury or knee op or something similar but justify his place in the team how you will.

Good luck with having one nut... and your empty spot on your mantle piece where a premiership medallion will most likely never sit.

On a side note of more importance, anybody know how the 2 guys who were taken away after the head clash are doing?

any mad monday antics coming to light? the marong boys are always strong in this area i can vividly recall some lunatic running around in a safari suit a couple of years ago

No shenanigans at Marong Trent. We are a 'Good Sports Club' and do not promote, nor participate in the excessive consumption of alcohol at any stage during the season or pre or post season for that matter. Yeah, right!

Congratulations to Marong big man Paul Thomson on winning his first B&F for the Panthers. Such was his dominance that his tally nearly doubled that of runner up, Harding Medallist, Lee Franklin.

Jamie Pearce prevented Mick Herrick from winning his 4th reserves B&F in a row, pipping Mick by 5 votes.

Mat Camileri held out Luke Savy in a close U17 count.

B-Boy the posts state that he 'isn't fit enough' not that he is unfit. He would need to get alot fitter to play Bendigo League footy at a good level. At this stage he isn't good enough.

Question to the masses from an interested observer:

How were Calivil looking for age in the next few years - assuming Maxted the elder, Freemantle etc begin to play a lesser part do they have enough others who will naturally assume their roles to make a new dynasty without breaking stride, or is there a window of opportunity on the horizon for the others in the competition?

B-Boy the posts state that he 'isn't fit enough' not that he is unfit. He would need to get alot fitter to play Bendigo League footy at a good level. At this stage he isn't good enough.

Haha, you don't make any sense mate! So if Reece "isn't fit enough" and isn't "unfit" what the F___ is he?!!!

Haha, you don't make any sense mate! So if Reece "isn't fit enough" and isn't "unfit" what the F___ is he?!!!

B-Boy surely you understand that there are different levels of fitness. It isn't simply a case of you being Fit or Unfit. Reece is fit enough to play well in Loddon Valley but not fit enough to really impose himself on games week in week out. He certainly isn't fit enough to play Bendigo Footy at a good level. I presume this should clear things up for you otherwise I also presume that you will come back with another witty reply perhaps containing the F word.

Went to the lvfl granny and saw an absolute disgrace called manley for calivil hitting kids and doing cheap shots on little blokes-what a deadset coward.i was talking to some of the calivil guys and they say he is a dirtbag off the field as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to the lvfl granny and saw an absolute disgrace called manley for calivil hitting kids and doing cheap shots on little blokes-what a deadset coward.i was talking to some of the calivil guys and they say he is a dirtbag off the field as well.

Spot on Ike, looks like that reputation of his is getting around, he has been putting cheaps shots on skinny kids from the 17's for years.

Spot on Ike, looks like that reputation of his is getting around, he has been putting cheaps shots on skinny kids from the 17's for years.

Might have something to do with all those premierships he keeps winning...? Just a thought??? No-where in the same league as some of those dirty Pyramid Maggots boys, so how bout you say "congrats on the 680th medal you've got fat boy Manly" and leave it at that... Nothing worse than a sore losing b*tching about a bloke for using his weight to push a few undersized skinny pyramid freaks around. I don't like the guy that much to be honest, but f*** he's got more medals than me and when it's all said and done, that's what it comes down too....

Starters mate you dont need 2 many games to watch 2 voice an opinion and secondly the bfl is not a second graded comp as both these players would be smashed in bendigo. ok ill rephrase the Poyner is unfit to "Poyner is the most overrated footballer ever not that i ever rated him. Put it this way Poyner vs Barham or any other half back player would smash him to pieces. Clutton vs herdman. Clutton not as hard at it. better comp equals better players! you obviously only ever played in this mere 3rd grade comp that doesnt even have interleague. Your just second rate mate :cool::cool::cool:;);););)

Congratulations to Marong big man Paul Thomson on winning his first B&F for the Panthers. Such was his dominance that his tally nearly doubled that of runner up, Harding Medallist, Lee Franklin.

Jamie Pearce prevented Mick Herrick from winning his 4th reserves B&F in a row, pipping Mick by 5 votes.

Mat Camileri held out Luke Savy in a close U17 count.

I think Mick Herrick may be able to give Robert Harvey some tips on longevity.

I ventured out to the LVFL Granny on the weekend to have a look. Congrats to the boys from Calivil! They were too good on the day for the Hill, the Hill did not fire a shot in the Granny but this was due to the Calivil boys not letting them. Too Good!

Could not agree more with B-Boy! I saw Fat Boy Manly trotting around the ground and being hard at the football is when the ball is there to be won not by behind the play stuff or off the ball. You have the guts, but this needs to be shown when your going for the ball and you put your head over the contest and take a wack!

Well done to the Demons!

Starters mate you dont need 2 many games to watch 2 voice an opinion and secondly the bfl is not a second graded comp as both these players would be smashed in bendigo. ok ill rephrase the Poyner is unfit to "Poyner is the most overrated footballer ever not that i ever rated him. Put it this way Poyner vs Barham or any other half back player would smash him to pieces. Clutton vs herdman. Clutton not as hard at it. better comp equals better players! you obviously only ever played in this mere 3rd grade comp that doesnt even have interleague. Your just second rate mate :cool::cool::cool:;);););)

Its all relative Crow....your chucking Poyner and Clutton up against the cream of the crop in the BFL (Barham/Herdman) of course theyre gunna find the going tough! But who says they would play in those same key positions they hold down in the LVFL??

That being said....Im sure Sandhurst would have taken them with open arms this year, Kyneton aswell, both those sides would have had blokes running around week in week out that in your opinion wernt up to BFL level, but how do you think players get better, by playing in better leagues- thats how! Basically, the point is nobody is saying they would be worldbeaters if they took the next step up to the BFL, but they would definately be handy, would quickly improve and contribute more than you probably think!

It does raise questions. The other teams need to lift their game. Congrats anyway.

Calivil just too strong..It was raised out at Macorna considering a move into your league but is quite daunting when you have a side winning so many flags..
I personally would be for the move due to it is less travel for us. Wondering what the thoughts are on this issue around the league?? obviously would prob not be next year but possibly the next.
Also why to Newbridge have a scoreboard that you cant read when the sun is lower..Never seen anything like it before??

I ventured out to the LVFL Granny on the weekend to have a look. Congrats to the boys from Calivil! They were too good on the day for the Hill, the Hill did not fire a shot in the Granny but this was due to the Calivil boys not letting them. Too Good!

Could not agree more with B-Boy! I saw Fat Boy Manly trotting around the ground and being hard at the football is when the ball is there to be won not by behind the play stuff or off the ball. You have the guts, but this needs to be shown when your going for the ball and you put your head over the contest and take a wack!

Well done to the Demons!

For those of you who went to the Grand Final and saw Fat boy Manly throwing his weight around would have also noticed that he tried to have a go at Pyramids full back Trav Gillett.

For memory I think he wore 7 of Gilletts finests blows before the over sized oaf new what hit him. Considering he played the rest of the game with one eye open ( the other closed from swelling) was not a bad effort. Just goes to show what happens when heroes have a go at someone there own size.

Lets just say it was the one and only battle Pyramid won for the day!

For those of you who went to the Grand Final and saw Fat boy Manly throwing his weight around would have also noticed that he tried to have a go at Pyramids full back Trav Gillett.

For memory I think he wore 7 of Gilletts finests blows before the over sized oaf new what hit him. Considering he played the rest of the game with one eye open ( the other closed from swelling) was not a bad effort. Just goes to show what happens when heroes have a go at someone there own size.

Lets just say it was the one and only battle Pyramid won for the day!

Go Gillett. Fat Boy Manly is a disgrace. Any suggestion that he should be judged by the medals he wears is utter rubbish. He is and always has been a fat passenger. Just imagine Manly playing in an average side. Do you think he would win many games off his own boot at full forward. I think not. You could put my three legged dog at full forward in the Calivil side and it would at least match fat boy. If Calivil should recruit a half decent forward just watch how quick fat boy is moved on.
When looking at the Calivil Premiership sides lets talk about the real reasons they win: Stephen Dean, Lachlan Ralph's, Stephen Blake, Allen boys, Maxted's, Freemantle (that hurt to say), Glen Richards (in the old days), the other Ralph, the unheralded Rory Doolan and of course the best one Aaron Demeo. Oh to be full forward at Calivil. Move on fat boy you useless piece of excrement.

Calivil just too strong..It was raised out at Macorna considering a move into your league but is quite daunting when you have a side winning so many flags..
I personally would be for the move due to it is less travel for us. Wondering what the thoughts are on this issue around the league?? obviously would prob not be next year but possibly the next.
Also why to Newbridge have a scoreboard that you cant read when the sun is lower..Never seen anything like it before??

Welcome Macorna. Just don't spend too much money. Hate to see a club waste money just to have a shot at being the runner up. :p

Go Gillett. Fat Boy Manly is a disgrace. Any suggestion that he should be judged by the medals he wears is utter rubbish. He is and always has been a fat passenger. Just imagine Manly playing in an average side. Do you think he would win many games off his own boot at full forward. I think not. You could put my three legged dog at full forward in the Calivil side and it would at least match fat boy. If Calivil should recruit a half decent forward just watch how quick fat boy is moved on.
When looking at the Calivil Premiership sides lets talk about the real reasons they win: Stephen Dean, Lachlan Ralph's, Stephen Blake, Allen boys, Maxted's, Freemantle (that hurt to say), Glen Richards (in the old days), the other Ralph, the unheralded Rory Doolan and of course the best one Aaron Demeo. Oh to be full forward at Calivil. Move on fat boy you useless piece of excrement.

A fat passenger who still gets picked to play in the senior side in a grand final. Time and again. SO why would they pick him or anyone else not contributing to the teams performance?

IF Calivil recruits a half decent forward..... why would they bother chasing anyone. They have proven to be unbeatable in September for how many years now? Makes you wonder if it is skills, teamwork or experience in finals but ever since these guys were playing in GF's in U17's they have been amazingly succesful.

But seriously you guys are f#cking pathetic. There is surely more to talk about than one player. How about what the f#ck happened to Pyramid and who is going to be strong next year etc. Move along to next season, nothing to see here.

A fat passenger who still gets picked to play in the senior side in a grand final. Time and again. SO why would they pick him or anyone else not contributing to the teams performance?

IF Calivil recruits a half decent forward..... why would they bother chasing anyone. They have proven to be unbeatable in September for how many years now? Makes you wonder if it is skills, teamwork or experience in finals but ever since these guys were playing in GF's in U17's they have been amazingly succesful.

But seriously you guys are f#cking pathetic. There is surely more to talk about than one player. How about what the f#ck happened to Pyramid and who is going to be strong next year etc. Move along to next season, nothing to see here.

Ok Maxi... enlighten us, what do you think happened to Pyramid?? Obviously they came up agaiinst a great side... is that all??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back