LODDON VALLEY - 2012 SEASON

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Hutchinson and Tim Wicks joint coaches at Inglewood...

Unfortunately, it's not difficult to be critical of Inglewood. In my opinion, these appointments are no exception. Hutchinson left Newbridge mid season after being dropped to the 2's. I'm led to believe his attitude to training etc. at the time was pretty average. I'm not sure that this is the sort of trait you would want in a coach.

Tim Wicks is well.......Tim Wicks. He may have some coaching experience now but I doubt that he is going to have the pull required to get the players required to drag the club off the bottom of the ladder.

I understand first hand the difficulty in finding and making the right coaching appointment. The abililty for Inglewood to make a great coaching appointment is so much harder given their poor recent history. I hope for the sake of the hardworking people involved that I'm wrong.

Unfortunately, it's not difficult to be critical of Inglewood. In my opinion, these appointments are no exception. Hutchinson left Newbridge mid season after being dropped to the 2's. I'm led to believe his attitude to training etc. at the time was pretty average. I'm not sure that this is the sort of trait you would want in a coach.

Tim Wicks is well.......Tim Wicks. He may have some coaching experience now but I doubt that he is going to have the pull required to get the players required to drag the club off the bottom of the ladder.

I understand first hand the difficulty in finding and making the right coaching appointment. The abililty for Inglewood to make a great coaching appointment is so much harder given their poor recent history. I hope for the sake of the hardworking people involved that I'm wrong.
Unfortunately I think I agree somewhat. I dont know the boys personally but have heard a lot about them so take this post with a grain of salt. Josh I was told left Newbridge as he didnt like the culture of the place, especially under the direction of the coach. If this is true then it speeks volumes of the lad and he may well be a good appointment. As for WICKS he has nothing to offer as a person off the park nor has he anything to offer on the park nowadays. I suspect a very rushed appointment from the blues and again not very well thought over. Just my 2 cents!

Unfortunately I think I agree somewhat. I dont know the boys personally but have heard a lot about them so take this post with a grain of salt. Josh I was told left Newbridge as he didnt like the culture of the place, especially under the direction of the coach. If this is true then it speeks volumes of the lad and he may well be a good appointment. As for WICKS he has nothing to offer as a person off the park nor has he anything to offer on the park nowadays. I suspect a very rushed appointment from the blues and again not very well thought over. Just my 2 cents!
It would b interesting to hear from some of Wicksy's ex-teammates as we all know how he is regarded by outsiders, is it a different story when he's on your side?

No comments?
Seems that the interviewing panel may not have asked the following questions:
1. Explain the defensive zone setup at a kickout.
2. How would you stop opposition clearances at ballups?
3. Should midfielders run defensively on a turnover?
4. What does Tuesday night training look like?
5. Pop Quiz. It's 5 pm Saturday and you've made it to the preliminary final. Your potential opponents are playing the next day in the second semi. Where should you and those available from the senior team be?

It seems there are a few people on here been rather critical of Joshua Hutchinson, Inglewood could not have made a better choice he will teach the lads valuable life skill's like how to properly spark a bong! how to set up your hydroponics so you grow your own and save those precious dole penny's. the Inglewood boys will be bigger faster and stronger after a large preseason of not turning up to training. And I'm sure they will attract plenty of recruits when a homeless man turns up to there house and says I'm the Inglewood coach. All in all a another top decision by the Inglewood committee.

Your an absolute fool mate if you think he left because of the culture and direction of the coach they come from nowhere and made the grand final. Josh was playing 2's out there and couldn't crack it in that side and according to sources out there would not train not the best attitude

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Grant Ford being appointed at Heathcote, is there news of anyone on the move from Newbridge. I believe it was Ford's influence that got Endres to Newbridge?

Any updates on a coach at YCW or Mitiamo?

It would b interesting to hear from some of Wicksy's ex-teammates as we all know how he is regarded by outsiders, is it a different story when he's on your side?
Apparently he's started positively in his new role at inglewood, signing Isaac douthie, who is a hard at it, super fit utility & Stephen Kirby, a skillful wingman. He's also hit me up to try and get some top line players from up here (Darwin) and is going full tilt at recruiting.
With apologies to Tav, this is an edited version from the KDFL thread. As for the bold, check point 3 in previous post.

Whats happened down at central vic footy?? it use to have updates every few days, now lucky to get a post a fortnight...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back