London 2012 - Track Athletics

Remove this Banner Ad

Awesome!!!

Alright somehow back to bed for 2 hours more sleep lol. Gonna be hard my heart is racing like Anna Meares being chased by Sally Pearson!

Was too nervous to post here before she ran. What a great race! The weather was my fear that something was going to go poorly.

But you *en little beauty.

What a great reaction by Dawn Harper and Kellie Wells. Shades of 2004 when Harper, McLellan and Pearson and Lopes-Schlep were all so happy at the end of the race and on the podium.

God that was close. Haha and the post race interview ain't bad.

Look at the quality of the race. 4 PB's and 2 season bests inc Sally's and her second best time all in the rain

The XXX Olympic Games
London (GBR) - Tuesday, Aug 07, 2012
100 Metres Hurdles - W Final

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
07 August 2012 - 21:00
Wind: -0.2 m/s
PositionLaneBibAthleteCountryMark. React
1 7 1079 Sally Pearson AUS 12.35 (OR) 0.137
2 4 3293 Dawn Harper USA 12.37 (PB) 0.156
3 5 3324 Kellie Wells USA 12.48 (PB) 0.137
4 2 3301 LoLo Jones USA 12.58 (SB) 0.163
5 6 3102 Nevin Yanit TUR 12.58 (NR) 0.161
6 3 1309 Phylicia George CAN 12.65 (=PB) 0.152
7 8 1324 Jessica Zelinka CAN 12.69 . 0.145
8 9 1093 Beate Schrott AUT 13.07 . 0.156

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very well spoken Sal. :thumbsu:

A lot of the rest of our Olympics team could learn a lot from her, that's for sure. Don't think we'll ever see her carrying on on Twitter or anything like that.

She has looked so focused before races. I don't think I've seen any of our swimmers or other athletes having quite that game face on. Bloody impressive athlete.

I can't beieve how good that last lap of the 1,500 was, just destroyed the field. I'm half asleep but why was Makhloufi out of the race 24 hours ago.

Weird stuff. It's something like he ran in the 800 heats but officials disqualified him because he wasn't trying. Basically tanking. But then Algeria said it was his knee, and that he had issue there. Got the games doctor to look at it who agreed, so they re-instate him and he still competes (even with a knee injury?) and goes on and blitzes everyone else.

Sally_Pearson395.jpg

531292-sally-pearson.jpg

Sally Pearson edges out Dawn Harper to win the women's 100m hurdles final by just 0.02 seconds. Picture: Omega Source: Supplied

530174-sally-pearson.jpg

art-sally4-620x349.jpg

Olympic champion .... Sally Pearson. Photo: Steve Christo

Get in Sally! Got to admit, my heart stopped when I saw Harper coming at her, then I though, she got there, she got it. Then the wait, then I was freaking out.

Well played though. She's a champ.

Got a question too... she is quick. How would she go in a straight 100??

Yep great race. Have to admire Sally she clearly knew she could do it and she did...Just!

Bit sad for Lolo Jones, a medal would've been some consolation after tripping in Beijing
I have to admit. I was hoping Jones would cause a massive boil over. I wasn't going to spend my time on this thread being a troll, though. So I just kept to myself.

Weird stuff. It's something like he ran in the 800 heats but officials disqualified him because he wasn't trying. Basically tanking. But then Algeria said it was his knee, and that he had issue there. Got the games doctor to look at it who agreed, so they re-instate him and he still competes (even with a knee injury?) and goes on and blitzes everyone else.

Thanks Warsaw. I guess that BS at the badminton probably drove this move by the officials.

Maybe he was running angry because I coudn't believe how fast and how long that kick of his was.

Thanks Warsaw. I guess that BS at the badminton probably drove this move by the officials.

Maybe he was running angry because I coudn't believe how fast and how long that kick of his was.

Yeah he basically pulled up after 150m into his 800m heat. Just started jogging at the back of the pack, and then pulled up at the 200 part of the track. Officials ruled that he wasnt trying as he didnt seem to pull up with any sort of injury or anything in the race and just slowed to a stop only after running the first 200m. And then yeah the rest is what Warsaw has already stated.

Even the commentators were dumbfounded as to why he stopped at the time. Guess thats all history now & he's an Olympic Gold medallist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back