Status
Not open for further replies.

faffies

Rookie
Sep 3, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi im coming from adelaide, im 20 and played div 3 footy here last year im not too sure what the standard is like in the qafl compared to footy in adelaide. I was wondering how many teams clubs like labrador and broadbeach have? i think id be hoping to play ressies but im not sure? cheers for the help

Hi im coming from adelaide, im 20 and played div 3 footy here last year im not too sure what the standard is like in the qafl compared to footy in adelaide. I was wondering how many teams clubs like labrador and broadbeach have? i think id be hoping to play ressies but im not sure? cheers for the help

Obviously top level SANFL better than QAFL, however it would be fair to say that the state league/NEAFL that Broadbeach/Labrador compete in is a strong comp and even the ressies is pretty fast footy. Most southerners get a big shock when they see the level of the top standard footy up here. Lions/Suns Ressies (and are midfield at best) and Northern Territory play in it and in 2011 Canberra teams will also be involved.

Both clubs Lab and Broadie field 2 teams.

It would not do any harm to go to training and see what you think. Lab is north side of Gold Coast Broadbeach central/south. Both good clubs that will be friendly.

To let you know there are also a number of lower div clubs. Surfers Paradise, Burleigh, Coolangatta, PBC in Div 2 (known as premier league)

This is a big drop in standard but these sides all field reserves, provide match payments for their top players and train twice a week and would be close to a lot of country leagues in standard.

There is also Robina and Coomera in a lower league but with respect to them, they would be the clubs that you would go to enjoy many beers and play a bit of footy.

check aflq.com.au for more info.

Thanks alot mate! I might give broadbeach development officer a call see what he reckons?

Mate more then welcome to come down to Burleigh prelim finalist last season and a few bloke from S.A play at the club training starts 18th of Jan. there is a website burleighbombers.com

Was just wondering what the selection process for team lists is like for clubs in the NEAFL - is it similar to WAFL/SANFL/VFL clubs where you are invited to do a pre-season and players are cut until the club has its required/limited amount? or is it as simple as paying your fees and playing?

Was just wondering what the selection process for team lists is like for clubs in the NEAFL - is it similar to WAFL/SANFL/VFL clubs where you are invited to do a pre-season and players are cut until the club has its required/limited amount? or is it as simple as paying your fees and playing?

I'm not completely sure mate, but I think if you join and turn up to training and show your worth you may get promoted into the NEAFL Teams. A lot of clubs have their NEAFL Firsts and Reserves Teams. Then they will have their divisional teams which also allows them to have back up for injuries etc. :cool:

Thought I'd ''bump'' this thread instead of creating a new one.

I'm looking to pack my bags and head North to the Sunshine Coast for a lifestyle change. I was just wondering where I should/could play football? I'm 24 and have been playing senior division 1 metropolitan in Melbourne and would like to play in a similar, if not, better standard of football. Can anyone give me some club contacts that are willing to help out a keen interstate mover!?

Thanks!

Also looking for some info on how footy in run on the gold coast. Looking at moving over from Perth to the Gold Coast for Uni, will likely be staying in Parklands or Southport. First though was Southport Sharks which i've heard much about, but looking into it they seem to play in QAFL which is the equivalent of WAFL here, i.e. semi-pro, pretty committed training etc.

Im looking for something that would be the equivalent of A/B grade ammo's in Perth, would that be clubs like Surfers Paradise?
I wont be able to commit to training 3 times a week or anything and would love a club with a bit of culture i.e. enjoy having a beer or 10 after games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back