Love this bloody club. (yes renamed it)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thankyou Giant Strides ordered with number 4 on the back. There is nothing left here in Melbourne a good sign for your club.
Cheers! A good choice in numbers - I have that on my Never Surrender jersey.

I wish you, your family and especially your great grandson a wonderful and fun-filled Christmas; and look forward to a great AFL season in 2024.

Cheers! A good choice in numbers - I have that on my Never Surrender jersey.

I wish you, your family and especially your great grandson a wonderful and fun-filled Christmas; and look forward to a great AFL season in 2024.

Thankyou for your help,we all now know the big big sound thx to young Brodie. Best wishes to all for Christmas

Completely agree. I know it’s hard to get lovers of other codes to switch to our code, but I don’t get people who follow Aussie Rules, not supporting the local AFL team. It’s fine to initially have us as the second AFL team, but over time the efforts and hearts of our boys will win you over, and Giants will eventually become your primary team. And the children will only support the Giants as that is the AFL team they grew up with.

Funnily enough, I know from conversations with those at the highest level in the club, that during the covid years they were able to collect data on those fans of other teams with close enough access to go to the games in western sydney at giants stadium. That tells you even more so that there is a real apathy from footy fans in western sydney to jump on board the giants, as I believe they have been targeted. The good thing is though, how attractive the team is on field now it will hopefully pull a few across, bit by bit.

I also know that the club is thankful that gill is moving on, as he hasn't been helpful at all the last few years and Dillon is a lot more proactive in wanting to get the club on the map in Sydney.

Eddie will quiten down now that he has a weekly podcast with Jimmy Bartel, so he sees the struggles of the expansion clubs first hand via Jimmy, those two are really close mates.

With regards to fan engagement at games, look out for hopefully a few new things next year to help increase the atmosphere at games, which will help to attract more of the traditional and new fan to want to come back.

Overall the club is in a lot more of a positive place than it was early this year, the challenge is though to really capitalise on what should be a few good years on field. Most importantly by more visibility in the media and attracting fans to the stadium and getting them to return each week.

I also know that the club is thankful that gill is moving on, as he hasn't been helpful at all the last few years
IMO Gil viewed us and GC as Demetriou's children, and he wanted to be seen to be his own (Victorian) man so just let the project languish when not actively pulling the rug out from under us.

IMO Gil viewed us and GC as Demetriou's children, and he wanted to be seen to be his own (Victorian) man so just let the project languish when not actively pulling the rug out from under us.

Yes agree, I think in particular the malaise set in for Gill when covid hit and he could see the end of his reign in site. He was more focused on returning the heartland to health and putting more resources into that than improving things in the expansion markets.

Interestingly, if you look at the Giants and Swans 'Sponsorship and Marketing' money in their annual reports, they both dropped about 7 mill each post 2019. That tells me that the AFL took that from promotion in NSW, to save money during Covid. 3 or 4 years with minimal marketing funds from head office towards the Giants hasn't helped at all, however i believe that will be returning under Dillon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back