parano1a

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
FORMER Essendon star Nathan Lovett-Murray says he fears the drugs he was given during the club’s injections program have caused his daughter health problems.

The family says Harmony, 3, who was conceived about a year after the Bombers’ disastrous 2012 supplements regimen was stopped, is suffering from a mystery chest growth and behavioural problems.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...r/news-story/5298351339990dcbb7bead2af67a68f7

Is he looking for a cure or cash?

For a start, his daughter's doctor would be looking for a list of what her father was given, when he was given it, how it was given and how much of what he was given.

Good luck to his then-employer explaining to a jury that there was a doping program but they don't have any records.

Whether the drugs caused this or not it largely irrelevant, we will never really know if they did. But the program has created real fear and anxiety and in this case raises serious questions. I feel sorry for him and his family, he has to live with thinking he indirectly caused this. Terrible burden.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

essendons greatest fear has just manifested in front of them.

Forget about all the fines, suspensions & penalties that the club endured, this type of thing is the real nightmare scenario that has the potential to sink a club, even one as big as essendon.

Suspensions have now been served so Dank, Robinson, or someone at the club who may know needs to come forward and say exactly what was given to the players. This is way beyond sport and reputations now.

If Dank and/or Robinson are compelled to spill the beans in a civil action then it would be safe to assume that person/s in the club hierarchy will be exposed as well.

I'm tipping the club pays him off to try and keep this out of the courts.

If Dank and/or Robinson are compelled to spill the beans in a civil action then it would be safe to assume that person/s in the club hierarchy will be exposed as well.

I'm tipping the club pays him off to try and keep this out of the courts.
The club shouldnt be protecting previous employees who either messed up or allowed this to happen under their watch. This may only be the start as other players could follow suit if health issues become apparent, as they should. I hope Dank and co are compelled to tell all. Players wont be banned further. The players deserve some peace of mind or compensation irrespective of the reputations this destroys

Its tragic, and a parent must feel devastated in this scenario. But to win he'll have to show that there is a causal link, or that in all probability the supps did this to his daughter.

If he doesnt and wins, there is nothing stopping every player who has a kid with autism or some other issue going after the club for whatever supplements they gave them, even if legal.

Personally i'm skeptical. Smacks of the frustration and anger of a parent with a sick child looking for an answer, whether one exists or not.

Suspensions have now been served so Dank, Robinson, or someone at the club who may know needs to come forward and say exactly what was given to the players. This is way beyond sport and reputations now.

Dude, it's always been beyond sport and reputations.

That's what us 'foamers' have been saying for years.

It's only ever been Essendon people and supporters that that have made it about sport and reputations.

The club shouldnt be protecting previous employees who either messed up or allowed this to happen under their watch. This may only be the start as other players could follow suit if health issues become apparent, as they should. I hope Dank and co are compelled to tell all. Players wont be banned further. The players deserve some peace of mind or compensation irrespective of the reputations this destroys

I believe the club is liable for the actions of its employees, and the club is far better to sue than individuals because they have more money. I doubt any players would primarily chase Dank with civil action.

Its tragic, and a parent must feel devastated in this scenario. But to win he'll have to show that there is a causal link, or that in all probability the supps did this to his daughter.

You need to take in to account the poor record keeping. I think he only has to show that there is a causal link from ANY substance that affects a parents offspring, which won't be difficult considering the farcical state of the record keeping. Then it becomes a matter for discovery and the civil courts are very broad with that process.

If he doesnt and wins, there is nothing stopping every player who has a kid with autism or some other issue going after the club for whatever supplements they gave them, even if legal.

Personally i'm skeptical. Smacks of the frustration and anger of a parent with a sick child looking for an answer, whether one exists or not.

Again, you have to take in to account the murky and unknown factor of the whole regime. What would stop NLM's lawyers getting Dank/Robinson/Anyone related, in to the witness box to give sworn testimony, once a causation to ANY substance is made? Does the relevant data even exist?

Dude, it's always been beyond sport and reputations.

That's what us 'foamers' have been saying for years.

It's only ever been Essendon people and supporters that that have made it about sport and reputations.
well I think it's primarily been treated as a sporting issue by everyone, even the players, up until recently. However, now that suspensions are done and dusted it will likely move into the aftermath

Remove this Banner Ad

Back