Lowest Carl vs Coll MCG crowd since 1921

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't blame the AFL like you Vics, It was our fault and I blame our supporters... I was there week in and week out. They weren't, they are now because of our oval and our success

Attend the games and support your teams you blood vics. Stop being using excuses

Bullshit, I pay the money to attend a game, that means the AFL either provides a service that is adequate for me or I don't spend my money and time on it.

Which fool would fork out his hard earned cash and valuable time for an inadequate service or product. AFL competition is a business, I am not in the habit of giving charity to profit making businesses.

They want my business then they need to earn it with a worthwhile product or service. Do you understand how business works?

I don't blame the AFL like you Vics, It was our fault and I blame our supporters... I was there week in and week out. They weren't, they are now because of our oval and our success and they will continue going to the game (unlike vics do)

Attend the games and support your teams you bloody vics. Stop using excuses

You raving hypocrite. Maybe the AFL will build you another new stadium the next time Port fans drop off.

The fact is, people aren't going. The AFL can thumb their noses at the punter like they usually do, or they can take heed because the bottom line's taking a hit.

Last edited:

Simon Lethlein should be out of a job.

No he won't. He's just doing what he's been told to do by the fat controller and the silver spoon-sucker.

I don't blame the AFL like you Vics, It was our fault and I blame our supporters... I was there week in and week out. They weren't, they are now because of our oval and our success and they will continue going to the game (unlike vics do)

Attend the games and support your teams you bloody vics. Stop using excuses
Also, our poor attendance is down to fixturing. Yours is down to team performance. So basically no matter when the game is scheduled, you won't turn up unless the team's any good. Is that right?

I'd say that's actually worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, our poor attendance is down to fixturing. Yours is down to team performance. So basically no matter when the game is scheduled, you won't turn up unless the team's any good. Is that right?

I'd say that's actually worse.
No the crowd numbers at AMMI was not only due to performance, There are thousands of reasons why people did not turn up

80% of a stadium as long as tarp was covering half the seats?
That's funny don't think I have seen 1 tarp all year, have you been watching 2012 games?

No the crowd numbers at AMMI was not only due to performance, There are thousands of reasons why people did not turn up

That's funny don't think I have seen 1 tarp all year, have you been watching 2012 games?
Go on then.

Exceptional circumstances yes, but it was 11th v last, and still a crap timeslot. I had the headlights on driving to the game. People will turn up if the attraction is strong enough.

Surely after the last 18 months you understand how strong the Cult of Hird is?

Surely after the last 18 months you understand how strong the Cult of Hird is?
My ever lasting memory from that game is a chant of "If you love James Hird stand up" starting and EVERYONE, Essendon, Richmond, neutrals, all stood up and cheered him. Same thing when there was a Sheedy chant. Great night. Even though we lost.

It could be worse. 40k is as good as some clubs get all season.

Imagine fixturing a St Kilda/ WB/ Melb/ GWS/ North etc time game at this time slot.

10k max attendance.

Richmond v North got around 34k, which was pretty good considering the two clubs have a combined ~20,000 less members than Carlton/Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back