Speculation Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually come to think of it Geelong rate this kind of pick up.
With Duncan, Blitz, Guthrie, & Danger all potentially out at the end of this year, I could see us doing it if we believe he's still got something to give.

Even if he's likely not what he once was, just a mature body to protect the likes of Bruhn, Holmes, Clark, Dempsey, and whatever young mid we pick up/draft at the end of this year.

Little bit like Boak a couple years ago with Butters & Rozee, or Yeo at the Eagles now.

Just hold for the fort down for a year or two before the youngsters can do it completely on their own.

With Duncan, Blitz, Guthrie, & Danger all potentially out at the end of this year, I could see us doing it if we believe he's still got something to give.

Even if he's likely not what he once was, just a mature body to protect the likes of Bruhn, Holmes, Clark, Dempsey, and whatever young mid we pick up/draft at the end of this year.

Little bit like Boak a couple years ago with Butters & Rozee, or Yeo at the Eagles now.

Just hold for the fort down for a year or two before the youngsters can do it completely on their own.

Danger wants another two years...

At his age , Id want to know what his body is like. One would want to be sure if he wants 3 years…. but if you want a hard body in and around younger players then yes you would look at him.

hope he gets 8 weeks and moves to north next season for that snipe.
I think you and I have differing opinions of what constitutes a snipe.

He must be a ninja master, if he can turn his back to a player, attempt to block and then reverse head butt the player, then intentionally breaking his jaw.

There have been some terrible snipers in our game but Luke Parker is not one of them.

He is worth a lot more to North than the Swans.
Swans are flying and North's young players would stand taller having a player like Parker run out with them.

It may even prolong his career.

Win/win all round and good for football.

I hope he wants to move to North and I hope Swans help him get there.

If that is what all three parties want.

Swans owe North one after that we took Stephens off them! putrid footballer he is

When we don't want a top pick that usually tells you something. stephens was a shocking pick unfortunately. that's drafting for you, win some you lose some, we got Chad at pick 39, you got Larkey in the 60's or whatever it was. Did have hope he'd do well for you guys hasn't worked out, still has time you have him for 2 more years.

Will get another shot at the Swans but you would think if he wants to play regular footy it will be with somebody else.

Depends, he may be happy to play in a top 4 side, and fill in here and there. Probably is playing had he not been injured before r1. Almost thankful it happened though as it forced Horse to play Heeney as a midfielder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really doesnt make any sense

Bringing in Taylor Adams (30) to then let go Luke Parker (31)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back