Game Day Magnificent Hawfs Youf vs Bloody Cola Coathangers

Remove this Banner Ad

Buddy returned to Hawthorn this week to say hello to some new guys and old mates. Seems his kids have signed up already, so he's turned his back on the Swines.

Hawks to win in a canter by 2 points.

Swans lost to Richmond and WCE were beating Swans at half time, so its possible Hawks could get within 6 goals here.
Weagles must be better than the Bullflogs then, but yes, Hawks by 6 goals

Heading in atm, lovely day for football but I'm realistic enough to know I'll melt and storm off to the bar at some point. Am predicting a few bourbons at that stage.

Heading in atm, lovely day for football but I'm realistic enough to know I'll melt and storm off to the bar at some point. Am predicting a few bourbons at that stage.
Same here. But will at least stay until half time for the buddy thing.. if he even does anything

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it odd that our theme song didn't play as the team came out; they had John Farnham playing ("that's freedom" or whatever it's called), but they had some Hawthorn members who are war veterans in front of the ANZAC banner so the players could applaud them, before they went through the banner. I imagine there was similar done at other games, so it's a nice touch 👏

Bit disappointed they didn't do the NZ Anthem. I like that one.
200w.gif

I thought it odd that our theme song didn't play as the team came out; they had John Farnham playing ("that's freedom" or whatever it's called), but they had some Hawthorn members who are war veterans in front of the ANZAC banner so the players could applaud them, before they went through the banner. I imagine there was similar done at other games, so it's a nice touch 👏
What did our veterans do to deserve the indignity of listening to John Farnham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back