Scandal Malthouse leaves Mo Hope disgusted

Remove this Banner Ad

+1

The response of Mo and others (there are many like her) does go a long way to explain why western politics and culture is so divisive and in such a fragile and dangerous state.
It’s the calling card of the woke. Demand anyone with a contrary view leave the room... nay... planet.

Monkey - The games is fast and pressure on joints is significant more than 20/30 years ago this is proven across many sports however the human body's joints are in essence still the same regardless of muscle size/strength the joints/cartilage are under more pressure.

Perhaps AFL isn't a sport women should play as it looks like there bodies simply can't cope

Or they need to be more like Mo Hope and not be able to get above walking pace?

So ligaments don’t regenerate in the way muscles do? (Micro damage to muscles built up over time makes them stronger - it’s how muscles grow)
You can overload muscles and tear them in a way that causes injury.
It's all about whether you are loading beyond what you can recover from.

In the case of conditioning there is a fair bit of evidence that ramping up to quickly massively increases chances of injury.

So semi professional athletes who go into season mode and ramp up quickly are more at risk. It's why coming back from rehab tok quickly is a good time to reinjure and why people trying to get fit often over do it and hurt themselves.

Add to that the human body is great at adapting to bad movement patterns and imbalances, not by correcting them though. So if you aren't strengthening your legs the right way you aren't protecting your joints from these kind of injuries.

We know that full time AFL footballers have issues with knee injuries. Part time isn't going to help the situation.

That's not to say that women physiologically aren't more susceptible to certain injuries than men and vice versa. We aren't identical.

+1

The response of Mo and others (there are many like her) does go a long way to explain why western politics and culture is so divisive and in such a fragile and dangerous state.

I get your drift, but in fact she is a symptom, not the cause.

The cause is the education system having been captured over the past 2 generations by the cultural Marxists, influenced by, among others, the French communist philosophers of the '60's, Jacques Derrida and Michel Foucault, with their pernicious doctrines of Deconstruction, Post-Modernism etc.

Two generations have been indoctrinated [similar to the Jesuits, who I use only as a non-judgmental example], championing the black arm-band version of Western history and culture, and whereby the rigorous Socratic model of debate, give and take, has been lost - replaced by emotions. Similar to a 5 year old's mindset.

Ivan Illich saw this happening, in a way, in his 'Deschooling Society'.

I get your drift, but in fact she is a symptom, not the cause.

The cause is the education system having been captured over the past 2 generations by the cultural Marxists, influenced by, among others, the French communist philosophers of the '60's, Jacques Derrida and Michel Foucault, with their pernicious doctrines of Deconstruction, Post-Modernism etc.

Two generations have been indoctrinated [similar to the Jesuits, who I use only as a non-judgmental example], championing the black arm-band version of Western history and culture, and whereby the rigorous Socratic model of debate, give and take, has been lost - replaced by emotions. Similar to a 5 year old's mindset.

Ivan Illich saw this happening, in a way, in his 'Deschooling Society'.

I grew up in an era when the debating society thing was embedded deeply into American high school culture. Teams would draw lots about who debated the affirmative or negative side of an argument. Has that culture gone?

It was less so here in Australia, but we did have it. And here we had a strong culture of applying critical thinking.

In my consciousness, the first issue that became untouchable and unaccountable (Un-pc to apply any critical judgement of) was feminism. Along the journey other issues such as immigration policy, indigenous rights, gender equality, climate change have been added to the list.

The great irony in all of this is that this trend has not served those causes well at all.

For example, I’m somebody who happens to believe that (Australian) indigenous reconciliation is a good thing for many reasons including solid economic reasons. But there’s very little dialog on the issue because the people around me either agree with me (boring) or clam up on the issue lest they be labelled racist.

Pretty much ditto climate change.

I chatted with a friend yesterday who was clearly top toeing on eggshells when she asked “Do you think China will take this opportunity to go to war?”. That’s not something you can discuss openly in polite company.

FWIW, I answered that I don’t think they will, because I don’t see there’s much point - they’ll probably end up doing the best least worst of any major country out of this current crisis ...

... and I do think there’s a real possibility that we could see the end of US hegemony out of this. The US has just passed a stimulus bill that’s around 15% of their GDP ... and that’s unlikely to be the last mass stimulus / recovery bill. The Dems are certainly crying out for more. Money stops working properly when governments do that.

Anyway, sorry, that got a tad off track. I hear Mo Hope has been on Survivor ...

#candyforthemasses

I grew up in an era when the debating society thing was embedded deeply into American high school culture. Teams would draw lots about who debated the affirmative or negative side of an argument. Has that culture gone?

It was less so here in Australia, but we did have it. And here we had a strong culture of applying critical thinking.

In my consciousness, the first issue that became untouchable and unaccountable (Un-pc to apply any critical judgement of) was feminism. Along the journey other issues such as immigration policy, indigenous rights, gender equality, climate change have been added to the list.

The great irony in all of this is that this trend has not served those causes well at all.

For example, I’m somebody who happens to believe that (Australian) indigenous reconciliation is a good thing for many reasons including solid economic reasons. But there’s very little dialog on the issue because the people around me either agree with me (boring) or clam up on the issue lest they be labelled racist.

Pretty much ditto climate change.

I chatted with a friend yesterday who was clearly top toeing on eggshells when she asked “Do you think China will take this opportunity to go to war?”. That’s not something you can discuss openly in polite company.

FWIW, I answered that I don’t think they will, because I don’t see there’s much point - they’ll probably end up doing the best least worst of any major country out of this current crisis ...

... and I do think there’s a real possibility that we could see the end of US hegemony out of this. The US has just passed a stimulus bill that’s around 15% of their GDP ... and that’s unlikely to be the last mass stimulus / recovery bill. The Dems are certainly crying out for more. Money stops working properly when governments do that.

Anyway, sorry, that got a tad off track. I hear Mo Hope has been on Survivor ...

#candyforthemasses
Heh. Are we still allowed to go off-track?

Anyway, as a broad brush response to you, having entered and ended my teen years in the '60's (which is a period hard to describe unless you lived thru it - and is off-topic here - but where freedom was not just another word to lose [as Janis Joplin warbled] ) I would say that before the 1965 Immigration and Nationality Act [Hart-Celler Act] owning your own country meant not having to explain things to those from different cultures, and you were free to comment without the fear of being labelled racist etc.

The consequences of that Act [among other things] has had an impact on a bunch of stuff, including critical thinking/Socratic debate - which I commented on elsewhere in BF years ago, including my experience as a part-time Uni lecturer with Asian students.

In respect of US hegemony, Pax Americana, like democracy [as I think Sir Winston Churchill said] may not be perfect, but better than the other options. And while the dollar is the world reserve currency, printing money works for the US.

PS re your "great irony" comment - absolutely.

A "modified" playing field that's for sure. The grounds are too big for the women and the surfaces are too hard to be playing in summer? I think it's great that they play, but they should shorten the ground to 140 metres in length and try and at least achieve 10 goals to win a game? For example: the distance between the north to south goal lines at Marvel Stadium is is 159.5m and from the east to west boundary lines is 128.8m. There is also no give in the grounds these days and it's difficult enough for the blokes to avoid ACL injuries, but the stats tell us there is a bigger problem with that in AFLW. However, the AFL will look to play the AFLW more often at Marvel and 4 goals will win you a game and ACL injuries are going to be even more prevalent. Somebody needs to put their thinking cap on, but i doubt anyone has the guts to do it in fear of being chastised and canceled from the discussion?

Eight acl ruptures already in this aflw season. Did surly mick have a point?
This is a damning figure. 8 ACL injuries is a huge amount. A girl I work with did her ACL last year playing footy too.

Not trolling but does anyone have the injury statistics for WNBA vs. NBA?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a damning figure. 8 ACL injuries is a huge amount. A girl I work with did her ACL last year playing footy too.

Not trolling but does anyone have the injury statistics for WNBA vs. NBA?

The study results is that in basketball female ballers are 3.5 more likely to have a knee injury.

Soccers is 2.8 more likely.

A "modified" playing field that's for sure. The grounds are too big for the women and the surfaces are too hard to be playing in summer? I think it's great that they play, but they should shorten the ground to 140 metres in length and try and at least achieve 10 goals to win a game? For example: the distance between the north to south goal lines at Marvel Stadium is is 159.5m and from the east to west boundary lines is 128.8m. There is also no give in the grounds these days and it's difficult enough for the blokes to avoid ACL injuries, but the stats tell us there is a bigger problem with that in AFLW. However, the AFL will look to play the AFLW more often at Marvel and 4 goals will win you a game and ACL injuries are going to be even more prevalent. Somebody needs to put their thinking cap on, but i doubt anyone has the guts to do it in fear of being chastised and canceled from the discussion?

My daughter plays ammos and on some occasions they play much smaller grounds. The game is much more fun for them and much more watchable

They score more and the game is live right to the end (quick runs of scores)

My daughter plays ammos and on some occasions they play much smaller grounds. The game is much more fun for them and much more watchable

They score more and the game is live right to the end (quick runs of scores)
Volleyball net height is 2.43m for men vs 2.24m for women.

Cricket they shorten the boundaries for women.

Why not reduce the field for AFLW?

Volleyball net height is 2.43m for men vs 2.24m for women.

Cricket they shorten the boundaries for women.

Why not reduce the field for AFLW?
Been saying this for awhile. Basically work out the average kicking distance men v women and adjust accordingly. I reckon the ground is 30-40 metres too long for the women's game.

The same Moana Hope who smokes dope on the job each day at her tax friendly 'indigeneous traffic cone company', treats her employee like crap and makes her sister in law cry every day with her constant abuse? That Moana Hope?

Okay, need to hear more about this.
Please continue?

Mick wasn't on point at all.
He just made some vague comment about tackling and "man's game". Nothing at all about knees .
8 ACLS is too many but still very bloody low.
Mick talking utter s**t.
Play on.
Should Ben king retire?
Nonsense

Last edited:
Okay, need to hear more about this.
Please continue?
Ex staff of hers from Utilities Traffic Management will more than be happy to discuss their grievances with you on a job site. Moana is described as a sub par human being,, with a high ranking in this sphere. Southern Rata P/L might be a search mechanism to find more. Or Ani Nicovi.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back