Mandatory Vaccinations And Medical Exemptions

Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't read or follow any commercial news outlets too, don't get me wrong. If you're immediately dismissive of say abc.net.au or BBC News, though - then that's an issue and you should look into it in my view - they are publicly funded broadcasters that in the vast majority of news articles attempt to report on events with a balanced and impartial perspective. Not saying you must swallow it wholesale, and of course it's better to get multiple perspectives on particularly controversial events, but no one is saying you must get your opinions or diversify your viewpoints with op-eds from Channel 7 or News Limited.

There's healthy skepticism, then there's outright conspiratorial views (not saying you're one of them).
this is the problem with agencies like BBC and ABC, they are publicly funded, which means they are Government funded which means they are mouthpieces for the Government. They dont undertake "journalism" for important subjects, they regurgitate whatever the state wants them to say or they lose their funding and people get sacked.

this is the problem with agencies like BBC and ABC, they are publicly funded, which means they are Government funded which means they are mouthpieces for the Government. They dont undertake "journalism" for important subjects, they regurgitate whatever the state wants them to say or they lose their funding and people get sacked.
They've (the ABC) certainly had to curtail a bit (or at least make their negative coverage of LNP governments a bit softer), given the actual and threatened cuts to funding or privatisation, and placements at board level - but this is fairly untrue. And this isn't an argument for public funding itself being the problem, it's an argument to revise legislation, guarantee funding levels and lessen the possibility of political interference. The idea that privately owned or run media will undertake better journalism is hilarious, especially with weak ownership laws, given we see what Murdoch and Nine/Fairfax dominance does in shaping a pro-conservative media landscape (or where criticisms are less frequently espoused or with the weight of a pillow fight). The other main players, predominantly TV, offer only lightweight political commentary that serves no-one well. In fact, you could (very easily) argue that the current federal government are the mouthpieces of these major commercial media players, with recent legislation on social media or search content, and bizarre funding grants. The ABC still, amongst the major players in Australia, has the best journalistic integrity and deference to expertise and evidence (rather than to government, including on Covid), while serving all of Australia.

Last edited:

Wait... isn't the ABC always being accused of being a lefty mouthpiece?

Wait... isn't the ABC always being accused of being a lefty mouthpiece?
I feel like there's some basic equations that get flipped between, with some people (not necessarily the poster, as I don't know the intent).

1)

ABC News reporting generally contains evidence and/or expertise (as on Covid).
+
Governments sometimes follow evidence and/or expertise too, and some people don't like that.
=
ABC is a government mouthpiece!

2)

ABC News reports on something dodgy a conservative government has actually done.
+
Commercial media either ignores it, softly hits it with a pillow, or defends it.
=
ABC is a lefty mouthpiece!

Last edited:
So when WA Premier says life for the unvaxxed will be very difficult “for years” he’s really saying the already vaxxed will be getting 2 -3 jabs each year ? For years

Miss your booster you will become unvaxxed

So when WA Premier says life for the unvaxxed will be very difficult “for years” he’s really saying the already vaxxed will be getting 2 -3 jabs each year ? For years

The thought of getting a booster shot doesn't actually scare anyone that just stfu, rolled their arm up and got it done in an hour?

Could you just highlight the bit where he says that people would be getting 2-3 jabs each year "for years"?
"He also flagged he expected the Commonwealth Government would at some point redefine “fully vaccinated” to mean three doses rather than two — and WA would follow suit when that occurred, effectively making boosters compulsory"......That doesnt mention anything beyond a course of 3 doses if the Commonwealth changes what fully vaccinated means....
Are you also aware that even before the vaccines were released, the government was unsure how many doses would make up a course and did state that this was likely to change depending on what happened with covid?? That you didnt know this, is not the governments fault....they made this information freely available.
This from the ATAGI back in Nov 2020 "The requirement for repeat or booster doses, and in such cases frequency of those doses, would depend on the duration of vaccine-induced protection. Such data are unlikely to be available in time for initial prioritisation decisions. This would be a key consideration for determining the configuration of an ongoing COVID-19 vaccination program."

Last edited:
Could you just highlight the bit where he says that people would be getting 2-3 jabs each year "for years"?
"He also flagged he expected the Commonwealth Government would at some point redefine “fully vaccinated” to mean three doses rather than two — and WA would follow suit when that occurred, effectively making boosters compulsory"......That doesnt mention anything beyond a course of 3 doses if the Commonwealth changes what fully vaccinated means....
Are you also aware that even before the vaccines were released, the government was unsure how many doses would make up a course and did state that this was likely to change depending on what happened with covid?? That you didnt know this, is not the governments fault....they made this information freely available.
This from the ATAGI back in Nov 2020 "The requirement for repeat or booster doses, and in such cases frequency of those doses, would depend on the duration of vaccine-induced protection. Such data are unlikely to be available in time for initial prioritisation decisions. This would be a key consideration for determining the configuration of an ongoing COVID-19 vaccination program."

You have the patience of a saint my friend.

I don't understand those who were fine with the double dose but suddenly draw the line at a booster. Further information about a new virus comes to hand and medical knowledge updates itself, more news at 11.

I suspect some of those same people are enthusiastic about the new vaccines and new treatments are coming to market this year in the fight against omicron and yet are bizarrely opposed to the concept of boosters.

Comes with the territory....Patience with patients :)
It does get a bit bothersome when you are writing things you already wrote 6 months ago though....

I find it amusing that people comment in OUTRAGE yet have made zero effort whatsoever to understand any of the science of it all.

Reading some actual comments from actual scientists with actual experience in the field would make a lot of sense if you wanted to be informed I'd have thought.

I find it amusing that people comment in OUTRAGE yet have made zero effort whatsoever to understand any of the science of it all.

Reading some actual comments from actual scientists with actual experience in the field would make a lot of sense if you wanted to be informed I'd have thought.
yep. It frustrates me when people are like "Boosters!...so 2 doses isnt good enough!"....when if they had bothered to read back in late 2020 they would have seen where it was well mentioned that the actual course requirements was unknown and was subject to change.
Also frustrating when people cant see the difference between efficacy and effectiveness and how this is effected by variants....something again that was well mentioned prior to the first vaccine being given in Aust!! Our government has actually been very upfront and forthcoming with info from day one...just some people couldnt be bothered reading it :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep. It frustrates me when people are like "Boosters!...so 2 doses isnt good enough!"....when if they had bothered to read back in late 2020 they would have seen where it was well mentioned that the actual course requirements was unknown and was subject to change.
Also frustrating when people cant see the difference between efficacy and effectiveness and how this is effected by variants....something again that was well mentioned prior to the first vaccine being given in Aust!! Our government has actually been very upfront and forthcoming with info from day one...just some people couldnt be bothered reading it :(

They think science is like religion, where it was decreed in a book a few thousand years ago and never changes.

So how many of the ‘waiting for novavax’ crowd are going to put their money where their mouth is?

Pity his account appears to be cancelled.

Not liking my odds of getting Novavax approved and available before McClowns 31 December mandate date. Shame I don't get a fair choice when I'm forced into something.

I don't understand those who were fine with the double dose but suddenly draw the line at a booster. Further information about a new virus comes to hand and medical knowledge updates itself, more news at 11.

I suspect some of those same people are enthusiastic about the new vaccines and new treatments are coming to market this year in the fight against omicron and yet are bizarrely opposed to the concept of boosters.
Because they pretty much don't exist. What you're picking up is the antivax crowd trying on the "i'm vaccinated but...."

They needed to change tact after, you know, Novavax went and gone all approved on them.

A lot of them get banned eventually - I wonder why.

Two of the more prominent ones got turfed in the West Coast thread today...

BC88 cancelled his account for other reasons, don't think he was banned

BC88 cancelled his account for other reasons, don't think he was banned

Even so, I am quite glad that BigFooty one way or the other is purging the misinformation. People arguing Geelong have the best youth in the league are relatively harmless - people using BigFooty to promote anti-vax agendas are not.

Back