Mandatory Vaccinations And Medical Exemptions

Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No, people who post word-for-word standard anti-vax talking points and arguments, and behave/respond the exact way they do, are certainly worth the suspicion of being seen as 'anti-vaxxers'.

In my experience, there's just as many anti-vaxxers on the loony left as the loony right, so not sure why anyone wants to make it a 'political' thing.
If we broke down vaccine hesitancy by education level, which group do you think would be the most hesitant?

High school dropouts? Some college? Bachelors degree? PhD?

If we broke down vaccine hesitancy by education level, which group do you think would be the most hesitant?

High school dropouts? Some college? Bachelors degree? PhD?
In my experience, anti-vaxxers cross educational lines. From the genuinely less educated who are easily manipulated, to the "I have a diploma in Humanities, that makes me an expert in everything" types.

Interesting.

There’s a study in the US that showed the largest group that was vaccine hesitant were PhD holders.

View attachment 1238395

Doesn't surprise me. Conspiracy theories or non-mainstream viewpoints have always attracted an "I'm smarter than everyone else so I know Da Troof!" element. I worked in academia for over a decade, and some of the greatest crackpot nutters I ever met were people who were intellectually brilliant in their own narrow field.

In any case, I note that paper reports that vaccine hesitancy has fallen significantly over time. So not sure that was the gotcha that you intended it to be.

Interesting.

There’s a study in the US that showed the largest group that was vaccine hesitant were PhD holders.

View attachment 1238395

The only interesting thing about that is there was a chunk of people that were 'Vax hesitant' due to the cost FFS!!

But seriously, I think that is pretty reasonable.

Most people I imagine were 'hesitant' initially. I certainly was. For me personally it was purely due to the time factor in terms of waiting to see if people started growing third legs or shooting lightning rods out of their arses.

Over time, that concern dissipates as more people get it, and more time passes.

My assumption is that a lot of people thought along those lines. And it's possible the trend from that link supports that.

In any case, I note that paper reports that vaccine hesitancy has fallen significantly over time. So not sure that was the gotcha that you intended it to be.
Not a gotcha, but you seem to have a pretty low opinion of anyone hesitant, so I was wondering if the fact the most hesitant group was also the most educated would change your opinion.

Not a gotcha, but you seem to have a pretty low opinion of anyone hesitant, so I was wondering if the fact the most hesitant group was also the most educated would change your opinion.
Nobody who's spent any time in academia would be surprised that people can be highly 'educated' people in their own fields, but have kooky or nutty views about everything else.

NO! Once MisterMarcus makes his mind up, anyone who does not agree with him are what he considers a second tier society. His opinion is the only correct one, disagree you are an automatic anti vaxxer. MisterMarcus mate, I would hate to try and have a debate with you about anything you’re a real my way or the highway type operator.

NO! Once MisterMarcus makes his mind up, anyone who does not agree with him are what he considers a second tier society. His opinion is the only correct one, disagree you are an automatic anti vaxxer. MisterMarcus mate, I would hate to try and have a debate with you about anything you’re a real my way or the highway type operator.

I'm yet to see a discussion anywhere on here where the vast majority (say... 99.9%) of the people participating don't fit this description... on both sides of the opinion spectrum.

You've only just come on this forum yet seem to have a massive dislike of me..

Whose alt are you?

As the authors say, the PhD stat needs some investigation. Hesitancy declines according to education level on that graph except that PhD is a huge outlier. Wonder what is going on there, it is quite a large study (10K PhD's).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't surprise me. Conspiracy theories or non-mainstream viewpoints have always attracted an "I'm smarter than everyone else so I know Da Troof!" element. I worked in academia for over a decade, and some of the greatest crackpot nutters I ever met were people who were intellectually brilliant in their own narrow field.

Vaccine hesitancy is dropping each month particularly the NSW LGA’s of concern. I think it’s down to 12% from 22% of the eligible population half of which are estimated to be antivax. So we may well get to 90%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What about people who are against booster shots? Are they anti-vaxxers?
I am kinda against booster doses IF the idea behind them is to increase effectiveness at preventing covid. If they are administered for increasing the effectiveness at stopping mod-severe covid in high risk cohorts, then I am for them.
I will decide on my stance when more evidence comes to light :)

No, people who post word-for-word standard anti-vax talking points and arguments, and behave/respond the exact way they do, are certainly worth the suspicion of being seen as 'anti-vaxxers'.

In my experience, there's just as many anti-vaxxers on the loony left as the loony right, so not sure why anyone wants to make it a 'political' thing.
Going by your description
But without the booster, you've largely wasted your time getting the first two.
If getting two shots doesn't protect you the vaccine is not the solution. A healthy population is a better solution. Reduce the proportion of people with co-morbidities. The reason Denmark has been able to pretty much forget about Covid as a national concern is because if their very healthy population and fantastic public health system.

If getting two shots doesn't protect you the vaccine is not the solution. A healthy population is a better solution. Reduce the proportion of people with co-morbidities. The reason Denmark has been able to pretty much forget about Covid as a national concern is because if their very healthy population and fantastic public health system.
"Forget about covid"?? after 548 days or restrictions that have finally been stopped due to an 80% vaccination rate??

Last edited:

But you're talking about a strategic solution.

We need both a strategic plan, and also a tactical one.

The vaccine is obviously the tactical solution.

There will be strategic solutions devoloped over time as we get a clearer picture of COVID and what 'living with it' actually looks like in reality.

Last edited:

Lol brilliant logic

Back