Mandatory Vaccinations And Medical Exemptions

Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you realise this information is completely useless, as the the vaccination rates are not included??

All over the world, data has shown that sickness, hospitalisations and deaths are over represented in unvaccinated populations and underrepresented in vaccinated populations. I somewhat doubt Scotland has anything different going on to alter that.

I’d like to see clarification on what constitutes vaccinated. How many are dying or contracting in the two weeks post vaccinations.

Honestly, I am not a big fan of banning anti-vaxxers, no matter how blatant they are.

Most of their arguments get easily debunked anyway by people who know what they're talking about, so having the blatant lie and then the clear rebuttal can be a good thing. At the very least, it primes others to identify next time a different anti-vaxxer tries pulling the same BS.

"Here's this paper that proves vaccines don't work!!"

"oh...the one that was debunked on the other thread last week? Er...ok...."

Last edited:

That's not what those numbers represent either.

I don't know what you're talking about.
No, the poll is not nuanced enough to be useful.
I am against the government making the vaccine mandatory.
I am for the government allowing businesses to refuse service and employment to those who choose not to get vaccinated.

Honestly, I am not a big fan of banning anti-vaxxers, no matter how blatant they are.

Most of their arguments get easily debunked anyway by people who know what they're talking about, so having the blatant lie and then the clear rebuttal can be a good thing. At the very least, it primes others to identify next time a different anti-vaxxer tries pulling the same BS.

i am. thats like saying youre not against people promoting the use of drinking bleach to kill the virus (i use that as an example because it happened). unfortunately, there are vulnerable/gullible people out there who are untrusting of the government for reasons other than simply being anti science (like poor education, having come form a dictatorship etc) who will take that advice and suffer serious harm or death. I happens a lot, for things broader than covid 19.

you cant just let people spread harmful, dangerous, potentially life threatening medical or scientific advice in the guise of freedom, with the assumption that nothing will happen because they will get proven wrong. studies have shown that the more you prove these people wrong, the more solidified they get in their beliefs, and the more people get taken advantage of. no matter whether you eventually prove them wrong to the point that they're considered a joke and disappear, they will still have caused harm to some vulnerable people.

That could be inferred as a minimum figure. Plenty of fully vaccinated people also wouldn't support mandatory vaccinations, so I imagine the real figure would be higher.

Sure. What’s the point exactly? What you’ll find soon is the vaccinated will have less tolerance for the unvaccinated. People will demand that their colleagues are vaccinated. I personally have no tolerance for them. They’re selfish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sure. What’s the point exactly? What you’ll find soon is the vaccinated will have less tolerance for the unvaccinated. People will demand that their colleagues are vaccinated. I personally have no tolerance for them. They’re selfish.

The point is calling out fake statistics.

There is too little tolerance in the world today. Initially I'd hoped the pandemic would bring people together. Nations perhaps. Instead it's divided states and tested friendships.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I guess the thing is that there is not much in the way of argument. They come on here - just to post in the COVID threads - post someting, ignore all the responses and then just spam links/or get hostile. There are a few posters who are against vaccination that you can have a decent(ish) discussion with.

Deadset thrown up all over my keyboard reading this thread. Full of blatant discrimination. Isn’t it funny that those who are charged with sex crimes against adults and children don’t have to carry around a “passport” because it is in breach of their human rights? Much like a vaccine passport with peoples medical records on them which is absolutely nobody’s business except the person and their GP’s. No I am not an antivaxxer, but I am totally against mandatory vaccines or passports, it is only going to divide us even more. If it makes you feel better have away at me I am fully prepared to be shat on for having a different opinion.

Deadset thrown up all over my keyboard reading this thread. Full of blatant discrimination. Isn’t it funny that those who are charged with sex crimes against adults and children don’t have to carry around a “passport” because it is in breach of their human rights? Much like a vaccine passport with peoples medical records on them which is absolutely nobody’s business except the person and their GP’s. No I am not an antivaxxer, but I am totally against mandatory vaccines or passports, it is only going to divide us even more. If it makes you feel better have away at me I am fully prepared to be shat on for having a different opinion.

You're "not an anti-vaxxer", but you literally repeat word-for-word anti-vax talking points?

Would you support people convicted of sex crimes having to carry an identification that identifies them?
Would they have to show identification to be able to go to or work in places where children are, kinda like having to get a clearance or something?

You're "not an anti-vaxxer", but you literally repeat word-for-word anti-vax talking points?
We’ll I’m double vaxxed so your argument is invalid. It’s kind of funny how if people disagree with you they are an antivaxxer. Good god you are a boring freak, must suck not having mates with different opinions let alone mates at all.

We’ll I’m double vaxxed so your argument is invalid. It’s kind of funny how if people disagree with you they are an antivaxxer. Good god you are a boring freak, must suck not having mates with different opinions let alone mates at all.

Immediately resorting to childish name calling once they're called out is also a very textbook anti-vax thing.....

So just to get it straight. Anyone "centre" or "centre right" aligned is an "anti-vaxxer" is this right? Or is it anyone that disagrees with your view and opinion is "antivaxx".

So just to get it straight. Anyone "centre" or "centre right" aligned is an "anti-vaxxer" is this right? Or is it anyone that disagrees with your view and opinion is "antivaxx".
No, people who post word-for-word standard anti-vax talking points and arguments, and behave/respond the exact way they do, are certainly worth the suspicion of being seen as 'anti-vaxxers'.

In my experience, there's just as many anti-vaxxers on the loony left as the loony right, so not sure why anyone wants to make it a 'political' thing.

Hahahahah it’s like talking to a brick wall mate. Much like those inner city lefties in Brunswick and Fitzroy. Apparently you are antivaxx if you disagree with mandating it yet you’ve had both your shots. I think we all know who the real child is in this thread

The point is calling out fake statistics.

There is too little tolerance in the world today. Initially I'd hoped the pandemic would bring people together. Nations perhaps. Instead it's divided states and tested friendships.

Really true that last statement about friendships. My brother in law’s boyfriend, who is a red hot leftie attached himself to Pfizer as the ‘labor vaccine’ of choice. Therefore any procurement of other vaccines leads to anger and bitterness. So he regularly trolls me about vaccines etc and we used to get on really well, but I find this s**t really annoying especially the online targeting of which I never do personally, not sure why people think it’s acceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back