Mandatory Vaccinations And Medical Exemptions

Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

... a vaccine that doesn't provide as good immunity and protection as catching or fighting off Covid naturally does.
I don't think that's completely accurate though, is it?

Isn't that what the Swede's tried?

And from Israel has told us, the natural immunity lasts slightly less than the vaccine one.

Don't get me wrong, it would be the ideal scenario for everyone to catch it, be immune and then live happily ever after.

But I thought the world had arrived at this point because it's been found that that isn't possible?

I don't think that's completely accurate though, is it?

Isn't that what the Swede's tried?

And from Israel has told us, the natural immunity lasts slightly less than the vaccine one.

Don't get me wrong, it would be the ideal scenario for everyone to catch it, be immune and then live happily ever after.

But I thought the world had arrived at this point because it's been found that that isn't possible?

Folks will keep deflecting but there is a lot of research and science which gets ignored or dragged through the dirt because it questions the mainstream message.

Folks will keep deflecting but there is a lot of research and science which gets ignored or dragged through the dirt because it questions the mainstream message.
I like the vaccine better because it is an order of magnitude less likely to kill me/put me in hospital.

I'm certainly not deflecting.

I'd love it, and sure I'm not alone here, if there was better and more feasible tactical solution than vaccines.

But I haven't seen anything to suggest there is, unfortunately.

The last numbers from Israel (which is only a relevant case study because of time) is that getting the virus gave a slightly better immunity than the Vax - but tapered off after 6 months at levels very similar to the vaccine.

So catching COVID doesn't fix anything. It gives you about 6 months of protection, but then you're back to square one.

The obvious catch being that you need to roll the dice on having COVID.

I don't think it does get ignored.

Of course there are vested interests on both sides trying to make a quid out of this whole thing. No doubt big pharma being one, and the shonks that peddle stuff like ivermectin another. Plus the deadshits simply trying to raise their own profile by rallying the troops to whatever side they feel will most appeal to the easily led.

But largely things appear to be 'ignored' because they are either rubbish, or are simply another small piece of the tapestry of science. People seem to think grabbing a research paper or listening to a Podcast where a doctor or scientist says something that validates their opinion - is like a gotcha moment that proves they're right.

Science doesn't work like that.

There's a big difference between being ignored, and simply being put on the pile with all the other information that is available and used to build a clearer picture of what is happening.

What were your chances of ending up in hospital or dying from Covid unvaccinated?
I think to some degree that's a moot point.

The main issue is that our health system can't cope with COVID.

No country's health system can.

So whether I take the position of 'I'm in good nick so who cares?' doesn't really matter. It's a community health response that is required.
How do we allow society to function, whilst maintaining a semblance of a modern health care system?

And here we are. Vaccines.

Unvaccinated you were what %chance to end up in hospital?
Unvaccinated you were what % chance to die from covid?
To be honest, this becomes a bit of a 'why do people get welfare from my taxes?' debate.

I don't need welfare. I worked hard and made enough dough to get by. Why should I pay tax when these losers refuse to get a job??

I wholeheartedly disagree with that premise, and I also disagree with the comparible stance on COVID and our community response to it

In almost every disease, natural immunity is better than vaccine acquired immunity. I dont think alone disagree's with that
However, to acquire natural immunity people need to actually get the infection....this isnt always preferable.

So whether I take the position of 'I'm in good nick so who cares?' doesn't really matter. It's a community health response that is required.
How do we allow society to function, whilst maintaining a semblance of a modern health care system?
Why do people whose risk profile from Covid is extremely low need to be forced to get vaccinated? Wasn’t the plan to vaccinate the vulnerable and then move on with our lives?

What were your chances of ending up in hospital or dying from Covid unvaccinated?
I hate to do this but....I am going to agree in part with what you are trying to do :)
For the majority of Australian's, covid would likely be a very bad flu like illness, keep them at home for 10 days or so and then they will recover.
I am not a fan really of the "80% vaccinated, lets open up". I would have rather gone with "vaccinate the most at risk" by October 31 or whatever, then open up. By then you would hope that the majority of the most at risk have been vaccinated....if not, that is their choice.
Sure there will be a spike in hospitalizations and deaths, but we have had 18 months to prepare for that moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do people whose risk profile from Covid is extremely low need to be forced to get vaccinated? Wasn’t the plan to vaccinate the vulnerable and then move on with our lives?

That doesn't bother me that much.

It does bother me that I can be a completely fit, healthy and vaccinated 30 year old but still have to abide by lockdown rules however. I understand that vaxxed people can spread the virus. Completely accepting of that. But considering masks, social distancing rules, QR code check-ins etc all exist, why can't my wife and I do our groceries together?

Or go to the gym?

Or eat at a socially distanced restaurant?

Or try on some new new runners or clothes in-store?

Or visit other vaccinated friends who are also in the low-risk group?

As far as I'm aware, it's because that has been attempted overseas and it failed. It failed in terms of the health system being able to handle the amount of hospitalisations.

Sweden literally did this. They straight up protected the vulnerable, and let everyone else largely go about their business.

It wasn't long before they had to change tac.

I mean the obvious issue is that when your population is 20m or whatever, even a tiny % is way too much for hospitals to cope with.

So then it becomes a case of 'you don't have to get vaccinated, but our hospitals at not resourced to cope with you, so there's going to be a bunch of s**t you can't do which will lower your chance of getting it.'

That doesn't bother me that much.
How about when they push to mandate the vaccine for groups who may be at more risk from vaccine side effects than covid?

It does bother me that I can be a completely fit, healthy and vaccinated 30 year
How long do you think you’ll be considered vaxxed?

I hate to do this but....I am going to agree in part with what you are trying to do :)
For the majority of Australian's, covid would likely be a very bad flu like illness, keep them at home for 10 days or so and then they will recover.
I am not a fan really of the "80% vaccinated, lets open up". I would have rather gone with "vaccinate the most at risk" by October 31 or whatever, then open up. By then you would hope that the majority of the most at risk have been vaccinated....if not, that is their choice.
Sure there will be a spike in hospitalizations and deaths, but we have had 18 months to prepare for that moment.
But to play devil's advocate for a second....is it worth spending money on hospitals and HealthCare to respond to people getting sick - or is better to spend money on prevention?

It's a bit like the desal plant. Clearly a good idea and critical whilst there's a drought - but the rest of the time it's a money drainer.

How about when they push to mandate the vaccine for groups who may be at more risk from vaccine side effects than covid?

How long do you think you’ll be considered vaxxed?

FWIW, I feel strongly about privacy.

As a result, there is a heap of s**t I simply can't use. I mean I can, it's my choice - but due to my professional area of expertise, I'm aware of what it is costing me in terms of my privacy.

So I can't do half the stuff that the average person does.

It's literally the same thing. It's not mandated that I must hand over my personal data to big tech and the government (although the government literally has mandated it), but you can't function in a normal way without doing so.

That's life. Most people don't care. Even less know it's happening.

For me, I choose not do. But as I said, it has a price.

This is why although I'm against mandating vaccines, I also don't quite see the fuss in simply not getting it. As I said, for those who value privacy and have seen it eroded by stealth steadily over recent times, that's how we live our lives.

The moment I don't want to get vaccinated, is the precise I won't. And if that means there's stuff I can't do anymore, the so be it. It's how I roll now anyway.

Last edited:
But to play devil's advocate for a second....is it worth spending money on hospitals and HealthCare to respond to people getting sick - or is better to spend money on prevention?
Great point - so the government have spent the last 18 months mandating people to lose weight and exercise in order to better protect against covid….

I understand your point, however, my thoughts would be that once the most at risk are vaccinated, we cant remain closed forever. I know 80% is the target, although some are aiming for 90%. What if we fall short of achieving that?

I understand your point, however, my thoughts would be that once the most at risk are vaccinated, we cant remain closed forever. I know 80% is the target, although some are aiming for 90%. What if we fall short of achieving that?

Hey man, I'm not here to defend the details of our government's response!

At a high Level, I agree with it. But plenty of the details are hard to justify. Putting it mildly.

Hey man, I'm not here to defend the details of our government's response!

At a high Level, I agree with it. But plenty of the details are hard to justify. Putting it mildly.
Ha ha :)
Yeah I think 80% is a decent target. That gives an reduced death and hospitalization rate. Just concerned about the plan if we dont achieve that.
We will just have to push on.
I guess the good news is that about 11 million have had a first dose. They hopefully will all get the 2nd dose within the next 8 weeks.

Back