Mandatory Vaccinations And Medical Exemptions

Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The guy regurgitated literally every single anti-vax talking point in a single post....

"I'm not anti-vaccine, I'm just anti mandatory vaccine"
"I'm not anti-vaccine, I'm just pro freedom"
"I'm not anti-vaccine, I'm just anti this particular vaccine"
"I'm not anti-vaccine, but this is a new and different vaccine so it must be harmful"
"I'm not anti-vaccine, but vaccines aren't 100% perfect therefore there's no point in getting them"
"I'm not anti-vaccine, but the disease is so mild that it's not worth getting vaxxed"
"I'm not anti-vaccine, but forcing vaccines on people is a draconian plot by [insert boogeyman here]"
I am interested, how would his or my not being vaccinated impact on you exactly?

No I'm not anti vax. My last vaccinations were in 2002 prior to a trip to Africa when I had HepA&B, polio, diphtheria, tetanus & typhoid. I was fully informed of any potential risks & I consented to receiving them.

I object to being given a vaccine that has no safety data available, doesn't stop you catching or passing on the virus & particularly if its forced upon me with the threat of having my liberties removed if I don't consent. Its a choice that is ours alone to make & one that should never be removed. Nor should a divide be created because of that choice. It's totally wrong.
Beautifully put - I must say the eloquence and reason of the pro-choice mob is heartening

so you want to have free choice, with no consequences related to those choices?

in other words, you're one of those "i should be able to call people fellow and no-one can say or do anything in response because freedom of speech means i can say whatever i want" types.
By consequences are you referring to punishments?

FDA is set to fully approve the Pfizer vaccine, finally that "experimental" argument can sod off.

Wonder what the next excuse will be.
Oh I see so the FDA has managed to time travel to 2024 to complete the long term testing that would ordinarily have been required - or could the FDA be bowing to some form of pressure perhaps? Why are people so slavishly ready to believe everything a US pharma-subsciption-funded federal agency dolls out?

Oh I see so the FDA has managed to time travel to 2024 to complete the long term testing that would ordinarily have been required - or could the FDA be bowing to some form of pressure perhaps? Why are people so slavishly ready to believe everything a US pharma-subsciption-funded federal agency dolls out?

Yawn. Back with another alt account I see? Toodles.

It inhibits your chances of both getting infected and passing it on to others if you do.
I am not sure that's right though. As I understand it, it will lessen the severity of your own symptoms but you will still carry the same viral load and still be as infectious as any unvaccinated person (and arguably a greater risk because of post-vaccination complacency in some) So what I really don't get is why the unvaccinated are seen as more of a safety risk to fellow employees than the vaccinated- such that an employer ought to have any right to preclude them from the workplace or from entering any venue as a customer or patron.

I am not sure that's right though. As I understand it, it will lessen the severity of your own symptoms but you will still carry the same viral load and still be as infectious as any unvaccinated person (and arguably a greater risk because of post-vaccination complacency in some) So what I really don't get is why the unvaccinated are seen as more of a safety risk to fellow employees than the vaccinated- such that an employer ought to have any right to preclude them from the workplace or from entering any venue as a customer or patron.

My understanding is that measuring viral load gives you an indication of the presence of the virus, but not whether it is active or not. So, yes, an infected vaccinated person is showing similar viral loads to an infected unvaccinated person, however, what is currently being studied is whether the infected vaccinated person is carrying mainly inactive virus due to the actions of their higher immune response when compared to an infected unvaccinated person.

Your attempts at spreading fear, uncertainty, doubt will not win. Australia is marching to 80% of its adult population vaccinated. If you want to volunteer to Darwin yourself, be my guest.

and where does this doubt come from? youtube? facebook? word on the street? your arse?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Herd immunity has been explained many times in this thread. People who cannot get vaccinated depend on a high level of vaccination among those who are able to receive it, to help protect themselves.

This is why the 'my body my choice' and 'it's meh freedom' arguments fall down: they are potentially harming others through their actions.
That is assuming people get sick after getting Covid. Which for 90% of the population is not the case. Certainly not to a degree that requires hospitalisation. And after becoming infected they have 13 times higher immunity than the vaccinated. I'm not seeing the downside. Considering we're talking about roughly 10-20% of the population who (assuming people are self interested) are in the younger and healthier bracket.

That is assuming people get sick after getting Covid. Which for 90% of the population is not the case. Certainly not to a degree that requires hospitalisation. And after becoming infected they have 13 times higher immunity than the vaccinated. I'm not seeing the downside. Considering we're talking about roughly 10-20% of the population who (assuming people are self interested) are in the younger and healthier bracket.

Can I ask where this info has come from? The information I have heard is that natural infection gives you a 70% reduction in your chance of reinfection, Pfizer is at 80% reduction 14 days after the vaccination (it does reduce over time), and AZ was between 62% and 71%. This kind of indicates that your immunity is about the same with whichever path is taken, but the risk of serious health complications are higher with getting COVID, and therefore the "natural" immunity, as opposed to getting the "vaccine" immunity.

Can I ask where this info has come from? The information I have heard is that natural infection gives you a 70% reduction in your chance of reinfection, Pfizer is at 80% reduction 14 days after the vaccination (it does reduce over time), and AZ was between 62% and 71%. This kind of indicates that your immunity is about the same with whichever path is taken, but the risk of serious health complications are higher with getting COVID, and therefore the "natural" immunity, as opposed to getting the "vaccine" immunity.
Studies out if Israel have natural immunity as being 13 times greater than Pfizers immunity against Delta.

Studies out if Israel have natural immunity as being 13 times greater than Pfizers immunity against Delta.

Is that based on having both doses of Pfizer? Is that including the information Israel have from having a Pfizer booster? The Israeli data from early September is showing that 2/3 weeks after the booster the effectiveness of Pfizer is sitting between 70%-84%, 13x greater than that seems... impossible. Maybe I'm looking at old information or maybe I'm interpreting it incorrectly, so If you could point me to the study I'd be interested in looking at it.

The 13 fold applied only to the individuals matched to time of exposure to first event (vax or infection) and followed for 90 days.
When unmatched to time, the 13 decreased to 5 times.
If you calculate actual infections, in the first vaccinated group (matched to time of first event, been Jan or Feb), the rate of later positive was 1.46% with 1.1% been symptomatic. The hospitalization rate of this group was 0.04%
In the unmatched to time group (Vaccine or infection at any time prior to Feb 28), the infection rate for vaccinated was 1.39% with 1.05% symptomatic. 0.04% of the vaccinated were hospitalized.
No covid deaths were recorded. Its also worth noting that both vaccinated groups had higher rates of HTN and cancer than the natural immunity groups. (see tables)
Now even I would agree that natural infection gives better protection as that generally applies to most viral diseases (mumps, measles), however you seem to be forgetting that to acquire natural immunity you actually have to catch the disease!
Calculate the rates of admission and infections of unvaccinated and then compare that to rates of vaccinated. Thats the key data.

Last edited:
It’s mind boggling why you wouldn’t get vaccinated

The hospitalisation split is
4%-96% vax-unvaccinated in hospitals in Victoria atm.

The public split is 44%-56% with the vast majority of the 44% the highest risk groups who generally would end up in hospital.

96% of hospitalisations are coming from 56% of Victorians…
BuT iTs NoT 100% eFfEcTiVe

I wonder how many of those who are adamantly against vaccination are really against it, or just beyond fed up by the government's handling of it. And you can pick your team, in one corner against Morrison if they're left leaning, because he's.......something, or against Andrews, because he wants to create a Communist state or something like that. Neither are anywhere near as bad as the extremes suggest, but both levels of government have made cockups, mostly because that's what governments do. So the way to show your against "them" (whoever "them" is), is not get vaccinated.

It's possible to not be totally thrilled with how the government has handled it, and still realise statistically (and in reality) vaccines are incredibly safe.

You can tell you who the s**t kids at school were from this entire vaccination rollout. Same with the masks.

I have a mate who cannot stand anyone (especially the government) telling him what to do. Got an exemption from wearing a mask because he had a 'lung issue' 10 years ago. Still smokes like a chimney. Is in sales. Has been abused by people when he walks into shops in his uniform for not wearing a mask then gets high and mighty when he says he has an exemption. His boss has made it very clear he CANNOT be seen smoking in his uniform if he refuses to wear a mask because of the hypocrisy, but the doctors exemption overrides common sense.

Can you explain how your having a vaccine that doesn't prevent you being infected with and spreading the virus, protects anyone except you?
A) it reduces your risk of carrying and transmitting the virus
B) it SIGNIFICANTLY reduces your risk of ending up in hospital from it.

Your hospital beds are my hospital beds. But because you chose not to get a free, safe, effective and readily available vaccine, you have a higher chance of taking my bed when I need it. How’s that fair?

I thought I would look even deeper at that data.
In model 1 (those that had time of first exposure in Jan/Feb and followed for 90 days), the natural immunity group had a risk of reinfection rate of 0.1%
In model 2 (infection at anytime prior to Feb 28 and followed for 90 days) the rate of reinfection was 0.2% for naturally acquired infections.
This implies that natural immunity certainly wanes over time (0.1 is less than 0.2)
Figure 1 shows that those infected in August/sept 2020 had increased numbers of reinfections.

Screenshot at 2021-09-29 05-28-21.png

You understand wrong. Maybe read more widely than Facebook.

Back