Retired Mark Baguley [retired]

Remove this Banner Ad

He played a good year when he moved to small forward as that defensive forward type even kicked a good number of goals. That said he has no trade value and if he wanted to go elsewhere we should let him. 1-2 years left at most. I am amused by the OP suggesting a 31 year old has leadership potential.

I actually thought he had a solid season, Played 22 games, played his role and obviously a great team man as he has been Vice Captain in the past from memory. HOWEVER, then I checked his age and being 32 early next season he's probably the type of player you need to let go to open up some list space. At best maybe Gold Coast as a de-listed free agent.

Last edited:
If he was 2 years younger he would have some worth and he could have been good depth for the Giants then but depending on what he wants to do post football and if he still wants to go through another preseason see what the club can offer him

I actually thought he had a solid season, Played 22 games, played his role and obviously a great team man as he's Vice Captain. HOWEVER, then I checked his age and being 32 early next season he's probably the type of player you need to let go to open up some list space. At best maybe Gold Coast as a de-listed free agent.

He`s not vice captain he`s not even in the leadership group.

Heppell C Merrett Hooker VC Daniher Fantasia Hurley Myers is Essendons group

North's next high profile target to throw their Warchest at
DE%20BOER%20Matt.png

The club will wait until the end of trade period and then offer him what we have left in the cap. Probably a 1 year deal on minimum chips

He`s not vice captain he`s not even in the leadership group.

Heppell C Merrett Hooker VC Daniher Fantasia Hurley Myers is Essendons group
He might have been mixed up with the suspension year as I think Bags was VC that year

Bombers are looking for a new home for him... has leadership potential. Gold Coast rumoured to be interested.

Would take a 2nd/3rd rounder I imagine.

Ha ha. Sam Mitchell, coming off a Best and Fairest at a top 4 team and an AA squad member (top 3 in BL the year before) went for pick 88.

Baguley for a 2nd is a good one :) Glad to hear "you would take it" :D

I actually thought he had a solid season, Played 22 games, played his role and obviously a great team man as he's Vice Captain. HOWEVER, then I checked his age and being 32 early next season he's probably the type of player you need to let go to open up some list space. At best maybe Gold Coast as a de-listed free agent.
I agree. He played some good football as a smallish forward in 2018 but at his age he's a 1-2 year proposition and has no trade value.

I wouldn't mind him at the Swans for a year or two as a DFA.

The club will wait until the end of trade period and then offer him what we have left in the cap. Probably a 1 year deal on minimum chips

Which would be fair for both parties. Not sure any other club would worry about coming to the party, despite him being best 22 worthy at a few clubs. But Essendon would do well to sign him up as the 35-40th player on their list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which would be fair for both parties. Not sure any other club would worry about coming to the party, despite him being best 22 worthy at a few clubs. But Essendon would do well to sign him up as the 35-40th player on their list.
Yep. Serviceable enough if a fp is injured
We are clearly looking for a mobile forward given the reported interest in martin and long. One more mobile than bags. But if none are found he likely gets an extension

Remove this Banner Ad

Back