Rumour Marriage troubles

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no fan of the bombers, particularly after they conspired to steal our coach and then dragged the league through the dirt over the past few years (although I admit I was wrong about them being guilty), but seriously, this thread is on another level.

I'm ashamed to say that after reading it, I actually bothered to ask someone who knows the Hirds closely if there's any truth in it. For what it's worth (nothing, to some of the people on this board I'm sure), the answer was unequivocally that there's no substance to it.

Furthermore, there's few people I have more respect for in my profession than Julian Burnside, and to hear him speak about both the Hirds with such high praise tells me everything about them as people.

I think sometimes we forget that footy is just a sport and although it's tribal, people aren't necessarily evil (and nor are their families fair game) just because they aren't part of the club we support.

Just my view.

I'm no fan of the bombers, particularly after they conspired to steal our coach and then dragged the league through the dirt over the past few years (although I admit I was wrong about them being guilty), but seriously, this thread is on another level.

I'm ashamed to say that after reading it, I actually bothered to ask someone who knows the Hirds closely if there's any truth in it. For what it's worth (nothing, to some of the people on this board I'm sure), the answer was unequivocally that there's no substance to it.

Furthermore, there's few people I have more respect for in my profession than Julian Burnside, and to hear him speak about both the Hirds with such high praise tells me everything about them as people.

I think sometimes we forget that footy is just a sport and although it's tribal, people aren't necessarily evil (and nor are their families fair game) just because they aren't part of the club we support.

Just my view.
Good post. His only sin was being ridiculously good at football and having enviously luxurious hair. I never rated him as a coach but wow he was good at footy.

I once had a client introduce a very well known commonwealth gold medalist to me as his "administrative assistant". To most of my kiwi colleagues, they were none the wiser, but another fella and I(both Vics) were just gobsmacked that the two of them were acting out this little charade thinking no one would know who she was.

Months later there was an article about the two of them being caught out in a love triangle by the guys wife.

Kudos for involving the wife

Can you post a picture of a posed photo that isn't that HS one with the dog? I've followed this really closely and honestly don't know what his other kids look like apart from being blonde.
If he wanted to protect the kids he would have installed a gate at the Toorak property where the media sat for 2 years. They didn't want privacy.

So a lawyer speaks highly of a high paying client. Who'd a thunk that.

Just my view.

Hi, you're a polite poster, but you sound too much like someone whose "in the know", and probably shouldn't be posting in an anonymous online forum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you asked a close family friend of the Hirds if James had cheated on his wife?

FWIW - I heard from a very good source that the Hirds had split and he'd gone to South America about a month ago.

Chadwiko this is also a legitimate rumour.

I found the South America thing kind of wacky but that turned out to be true so don't see why the other part of the claim wouldn't be.

Just my view.

If James Hird still reads BigFooty after the last few years he must have a very thick skin. I wouldn't worry. Sticks and stones may break his bones, but words deflect off his luxurious, bouffant mane of hair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back