Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

He was pretty close to BoG for mine and if he played more games like that he wouldn't of copped the criticism he has to date.

Hopefully he can continue it on.
Cox has a history of one blinder every 12 weeks or so and then back to normal proceedings. After all he was living off his 2018 pf game before this.

That's it, isn't it. He has always been capable of these absolutely brilliant performances (and it seems the bigger the stage the better he goes), but next game could easily be one of those two-disposal, zero-mark shockers. Hopefully not though, when he's on he's so bloody influential.

I think this is a cop out statement aimed to protect all those who doubted him.

Those who criticised without considering his injuries, team form and the roles he played.

This just exemplifies what he is capable of.
Not seeking to protect those who doubted him. Just suggesting possible reasons for not being a bit more aggressive with his height and bulk. In his early days he was often penalised when he did throw his weight around then had to watch others get free kicks that were not paid to him in exactly the same circumstances. Seems more comfortable using his physical attributes in the ruck.
Injuries, team form and delivery into the forward line over the last couple of years played against him too as you point out.
Always been a fan and he’s now playing a role that suits more with a game plan that suits more and is comparable to the way we were playing in 2018 which has been his best year to date.

He was pretty close to BoG for mine and if he played more games like that he wouldn't of copped the criticism he has to date.

Hopefully he can continue it on.
Cox has a history of one blinder every 12 weeks or so and then back to normal proceedings. After all he was living off his 2018 pf game before this.

I’m predicted he’ll be virtually unsighted (pardon the pun) this coming weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so stoked for him to get some consecutive games and some form. Still stand by that he is harshly critiqued for where he has come from and what he has achieved through his career.
I really hope he can get to 100 games (82 & counting).
Quite an achievement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back