Toast Sidebottom (300 games) // Cox (100 games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
A big congratulations to both players on what is likely to be their 300th and 100th game next week against North Melbourne.

37e7e8e0-c4ed-11ea-b477-cd9161fb89f0

86a4a18328b5329ddd85ec4d41c9b9a49f11ac55

Everyone knows I’m a big Sidey fan so to see him get to 300 is very satisfying.
Deserves every accolade he gets. Heart and soul player who had chances to chase bigger money but kept the faith in the Black and White Stripes.
Coxy has grown on me. Was definitely on the side of “it was a mistake” to keep him on the list. But the eyesight correction and match day glasses have turned him around big time. If only we could learn to drop the ball in front of him, where he can run and jump, the sky is the limit.
Celebrations next week will be interesting considering Steele’s humility and Cox’s ego.

And the big question of the week remains…….. who is going to chair the big fellow off? And do workcover become involved?

Scott Pendlebury 367
Tony Shaw 313
Gordon Coventry 306
… are the only players in our history to represent us 300 times.

For Steele to do this is a monumental feat. Only the fourth player ever. Congratulations on your outstanding career and loyalty to the CFC.

Love Steele's obvious joy at being on the ground.
300 is a mammoth achievement.
Can't wait to celebrate with him and the side.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was at Rusty's first game in 2009 when we got flogged by saints by 15 goals. Will be different this week. What a journey. Remember coxilla debuted Anzac day, and kicking the first goal. It's a journey for him too, through those finals where he tore it apart, to his recent form. Hope both leave the game with one more flag, but grateful for more if possible. Up the pies. Let's make this an absolute riot!

Scott Pendlebury 367
Tony Shaw 313
Gordon Coventry 306
… are the only players in our history to represent us 300 times.

For Steele to do this is a monumental feat. Only the fourth player ever. Congratulations on your outstanding career and loyalty to the CFC.

Well said. He is joining the gods.

Are you talking about the marking contest?

Steele should have gotten a free for front on contact.
Don’t think Sidebottom got him above the shoulder. Ump didn’t call an unrealistic marking attempt either. I thought there may have been a slight argument for tunnelling on replay, but was happy for it to be play on.

If the Dees player can get away with what he did, causing a player to be stretchered off, then how would this even be cited?
I agree but it was reckless. He tried to make out he was going to punch the ball but missed it by a metre. The AFL has gone crazy on these front on collisions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both achievements are worthy of great celebration. Hopefully Collingwood supporters get over the distaste for Marvel and get down there on Sunday to show our appreciation for both players
Wish I could, no tickets available according to Ticketmaster. 🙁

Underrated if that is at all possible. Big game player, his ability to win the ball and kick a goal is outstanding.

Coxy like most forwards performs best when the team is doing well. He has had a horrid run with injuries and umpires but has persevered. Accurate kick at goal, his marking has become a strength…ruck work equally so. It’s his IQ that sticks out for me. The deft touches around the contest to advantage is A grade. What a champion.

I am so happy Sidey gets to 300 has always been one of my favourites. Well deserved.

Sidey is the walking embodiment of the rejuvenation that has taken place at the CFC.

Towards the end of Buckley's tenure at the club he seemed dispirited and stale. Slow and wooden.

The spring in his step and the cheeky smile have returned.

He deserves the final chapters in his career to be happy ones. This is a great outcome.

If the umpires awarded votes for swagger Coxxie would already have multiple brownlows.

Awesome effort to get to 100 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back