Toast Congratulations Mason Cox on Australian citizenship

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cox became an Australian citizen today and wants to spend the rest of his life here. Congratulations to the gentle giant on making the AFL big time after taking up the game so late in life. He has been a great American ambassador and a much loved representative of the club. I hope last weeks fantastic game is going to become the template for all future outings in the ruck.

A-U-S-T-R-A-L-I-A!

Congrats Mase!
A fantastic effort by Mason. I have always had a level of belief in the guy as only was first introduced to AFL football in approximately 2014. That effectively means that he has only been exposed to the game for 8 to 9 years. If you think about most Australian senior footballers they would have started in their infant years say between 6, 7 or 8. OK. By the time that they have been drafted at 18, then that means these players - assuming continuity of playing - have been playing Australian Rules for 10 years, if not longer, & even then it can take another 3 to 5 years before they become acclimatised to the demands & expectations & rigours of an AFL club. So given where Mason has come from historically, I think that he has been relatively successful all things being considered. In fact now that McRae has identified Mason as predominantly a ruck/forward as opposed to his previous pigeon-holing as a forward with the very occasional run on the ball, then I can see him being a staple in the team going forward. OK. Therefore Mason all the best & congratulations!!!!!!! Goodnight & good luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The interview on 7NEWS was heartwarming. Collingwood organised what looked to be a really nice day and indoctrinated a few new citizens. In the past few days, people have really started liking Cox because he's just a decent bloke. Although he's not in our leadership group, in my books he's one of the best servant leaders we've had in the past decade and he'll be quite employable post footy.

Congrats, Mason!
I've heard from a number of sources (including one in Texas) that he's a really good guy, the sort of person we need around the club.
If he can get to 100 games, we could potentially have first dibs on future 7 footers.
It was interesting that one of the promo photos featured Darcy Moore.
Is that a hint that Darcy will be our next captain?

Congrats, Mason!
I've heard from a number of sources (including one in Texas) that he's a really good guy, the sort of person we need around the club.
If he can get to 100 games, we could potentially have first dibs on future 7 footers.
It was interesting that one of the promo photos featured Darcy Moore.
Is that a hint that Darcy will be our next captain?
Him and Darcy are really good mates because they're into similar things.

Darce could be our next captain and I think he will be because like Cox, he's just a good kid. Builds culture.

I can't believe all this positivity - this bloke has literally looked down on every woman he's met.

Not as a child… children are innocent, and shorter.

Such a wonderful story and incredible journey. It should have been the only focus for our club all week but sadly it has been overshadowed. Well done , Coxy. You may win us a flag yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back