Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal
Dear Big footy Collingwood Board members,

Hope all of you are well. How good was the GF win! I still feel weird when everyone refers to our club as Premiers. :heart:

I hardly post here, but have been following the board for a long time.

Needed to ask what were people's thoughts on, membership currently being offered by the club, i.e. season ticket general admission. We have never been official members, and we feel it's time for us to join in.

I know that the club has already sold out "reserved seats" related memberships.

Do people who usually post here have experience with the membership as stated in the subject line? Is it a grind organising tickets via Ticketek etc? How much time do you usually get after Ticketek/Ticketmaster releases tickets? Can anyone share their personal experience with this tier membership?

I think we are playing around 11 home games in Melbourne this year and I feel it's a good start, I run a business full time and weekly hours are insane, I would struggle to go to every game (those who do deserve all the accolades) and I feel it's a good way to start somewhere.

I am planning to buy today to gift ourselves for Xmas. All thoughts/comments are welcome.

Regards,

Abhi

Overall didn't have to stress too much, I thought it was the perfect membership for someone who loves the club, loves watching footy live, loves watching Collingwood (most importantly) but doesn't have perfect flexibility every few weeks or so with work/family. I was able to pretty reasonably prepare for which matches I'd need to book a reserved seat (annoying how ticketek still charge a few dollars for them when its meant to be free, grr) and while there isn't an unlimited amount of time to get in before the faithful snapped up the reserved seats, keeping up with the Pies socials or posters on here with the time tix were available was more than enough time for me.

General rule of thumb is the Coll v Carl games will be fully-ticketed events, and from there just seeing other big Melbourne clubs who are up and about during the year will likely need to reserve the GA tickets for. I believe this season it was Carlton, Essendon, Richmond and Geelong games that were all fully-ticketed events. We might be lucky this year if enough interstate clubs are up and about there may be plenty of room for all of us at the G :)

Also would watch out to reserve for our 2 home games at Marvel, vs WC R9 and vs WB R12 (thank God we get those out of the way early) as they could "sell out" due to Marvel - the AFL seems to think so despite there being plenty of empty seats on L4 judging from TV. I hate watching footy there so I just opted to watch from home tbh.

Overall didn't have to stress too much, I thought it was the perfect membership for someone who loves the club, loves watching footy live, loves watching Collingwood (most importantly) but doesn't have perfect flexibility every few weeks or so with work/family. I was able to pretty reasonably prepare for which matches I'd need to book a reserved seat (annoying how ticketek still charge a few dollars for them when its meant to be free, grr) and while there isn't an unlimited amount of time to get in before the faithful snapped up the reserved seats, keeping up with the Pies socials or posters on here with the time tix were available was more than enough time for me.

General rule of thumb is the Coll v Carl games will be fully-ticketed events, and from there just seeing other big Melbourne clubs who are up and about during the year will likely need to reserve the GA tickets for. I believe this season it was Carlton, Essendon, Richmond and Geelong games that were all fully-ticketed events. We might be lucky this year if enough interstate clubs are up and about there may be plenty of room for all of us at the G :)

Also would watch out to reserve for our 2 home games at Marvel, vs WC R9 and vs WB R12 (thank God we get those out of the way early) as they could "sell out" due to Marvel - the AFL seems to think so despite there being plenty of empty seats on L4 judging from TV. I hate watching footy there so I just opted to watch from home tbh.
Dear caloschwaby,

Sincere thanks for your input.

Regards,

Abhi

PS Merry Xmas to you and your loved ones.

Is it true that for "fully ticketed" games they don't allocate standing room tickets, thus reducing the MCG capacity?
I'm already organising to come to Melbourne for round 1, and suspect there will be a monster crowd to see our mighty flag unfurled.

Is it true that for "fully ticketed" games they don't allocate standing room tickets, thus reducing the MCG capacity?
I'm already organising to come to Melbourne for round 1, and suspect there will be a monster crowd to see our mighty flag unfurled.

I thought you could just walk in Standing Room with a Season Ticket Membership

I thought you could just walk in Standing Room with a Season Ticket Membership

Yeah Dave, but as I understand it, if it's "fully ticketed" we have to buy a reserved seat as General Admission members.
I've read that for these games there aren't standing room tickets like there are for finals.

Yeah Dave, but as I understand it, if it's "fully ticketed" we have to buy a reserved seat as General Admission members.
I've read that for these games there aren't standing room tickets like there are for finals.

That is Weird you have to get a reserved seat for Fully Ticketed Games but can go in for Finals where there is always a Big Crowd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back