Opinion Thoughts: Commentators dropping the ‘P’ bomb live on air?

Commentator talking us up being Premiers?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

FFS, It’s round nine.

And you know it’s one of our boring games when we’re six goals up and the commentators say “And GWS get one back to keep themselves in the game”

So for want of something to prattle on about, they start talking about us being Premiership favourites and it looks like we’ll probably win it. And on and on.

Was I the only one who piffed their stubby at the TV over that?

The commentators are meant to be entertaining us, not trolling us.

And FFS, it’s round nine.

Poll above

The purpose of the comp is to crown a premier, and for better or for worse right now we are the hot ticket to do so.

Commentators have to talk about something, and GWS was not providing that in this game. Like it or not we look like one of the best teams at this point. Long season ahead, a critical injury or two and we fall back, maybe this crazy run and gun can't survive the tighter defense and added pressure of finals, etc. But that's neither here nor there, as of right now Brisbane is our only loss, and that's more of a bogey team loss than anything.

I would much rather be hyped up as favourite for premiers in round 9 than favorites for the spoon...

If we are still winning without some good players, then imagine how much better we will be with a deeper squad. I said in the pre season, we will win the flag this year and they can throw whatever they like at but this year is our destiny

For a moment I assumed you meant "pony" which of course is unacceptable outside scandi noir and obscure occult literature..

Premierrship faves is ok. Someone has to be. We should own it.

We're tracking well at this stage. Our two biggest threats at the moment would be Melbum, who we have the wood on, and the Bears, who aren't as good away from home. So we're in good shape but there is long way to go.

Robot Wtf GIF

FFS, It’s round nine.

And you know it’s one of our boring games when we’re six goals up and the commentators say “And GWS get one back to keep themselves in the game”

So for want of something to prattle on about, they start talking about us being Premiership favourites and it looks like we’ll probably win it. And on and on.

Was I the only one who piffed their stubby at the TV over that?

The commentators are meant to be entertaining us, not trolling us.

And FFS, it’s round nine.

Poll above
I didn’t read your post, so I’m working under the assumption the commentators had the nerve to say ‘pony’ on air.

Good Horse will be ropable.

I didn’t read your post, so I’m working under the assumption the commentators had the nerve to say ‘pony’ on air.

Good Horse will be ropable.

I am about to send off an outraged email if someone can tell me how to type with hooves

FvfCwRtXgAYL7qe.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back