Roast 2024 Membership Pricing

Remove this Banner Ad

Lost my Level 1 Away seat :(

Allocations for Level 1 seating are now exhausted according to the club.

I’ve held this seat for a decade and attended about 90-95% of away games. Only Uni mid year exams ever stopped me in the past.

I’ve been shafted up to Level 4. Incredibly disappointed that my loyalty towards the club hasn’t been reciprocated.

I understand this wasn’t the club’s doing, but a lot of members who have been Level 1 seat holders recently but have only held the membership for about a decade are going to be disappointed.
That's very disappointing. My away seat moved from Level 2 to Level 1. I dont see how I can get a Level 1 seat ahead of someone who was already there.

That’s s**t. No perfect way of doing this change, but doesn’t seem right that some members with level 4 previously are offered level 1 while members with level 1 previously move the other way.
The worst part is I paid over a $1,000 during the November renewal thinking I had a Level 1 seat waiting for me once the call was made.

They're now refunding me $75 for shifting me to Level 4.

That's very disappointing. My away seat moved from Level 2 to Level 1. I dont see how I can get a Level 1 seat ahead of someone who was already there.
I understand catering for Level 2 members first, as they were the most affected by the new MCC deal.

However, I don't understand why Levels 1 and 4 members are having seats swapped around. We literally have the same level of membership.

My aim is to unfortunately suck it up for 2024 and then try to find a way to get back into Level 1 for 2025 and beyond if allocations open up.

Last edited:

The worst part is I paid over a $1,000 during the November renewal thinking I had a Level 1 seat waiting for me once the call was made.

Gee I really feel for you. That is a lot of money, I wonder how they allocated especially given others haven't had their seats as long as you have.

I would go back to them again and even give the example of others with less years membership that have Level 1.

Gee I really feel for you. That is a lot of money, I wonder how they allocated especially given others haven't had their seats as long as you have.

I would go back to them again and even give the example of others with less years membership that have Level 1.
I don't understand how it's possible someone with less years than me as a member could possibly have Level 1 seats anymore?

I don't know any specific examples of this occurring.

I don't understand how it's possible someone with less years than me as a member could possibly have Level 1 seats anymore?

I misread Doc's post thought he hadn't been a member as long as you. Sorry.

Still it could have happened, hopefully someone who has experienced this will post.

I misread Doc's post thought he hadn't been a member as long as you. Sorry.

Still it could have happened, hopefully someone who has experienced this will post.
No worries. I appreciate your post.

It's just a very disappointing outcome all round. I think those who haven't been contacted yet should brace themselves for potential disappointment.

No worries. I appreciate your post.

It's just a very disappointing outcome all round. I think those who haven't been contacted yet should brace themselves for potential disappointment.
Sorry to hear that.

I've been a Legends Member for 14 years
I was a social club/club member at one time but gave it up when Waverley was built.
Too may hassles with seats (5 of us) even then at Vic Park and am now an AFL member going onto 35 years.

Last edited:

Bugger, that would have got your hopes up. My payments were scheduled on a level 4 placeholder seat, which had me hopeful I wouldn’t get a worse seat.

I’ve been a member for 18 years, but legends for only 5. Club offered me a change from level 4 to level 1 for my away seat. Possibly the club has only looked at total years when reallocating??

My aim is to unfortunately suck it up for 2024 and then try to find a way to get back into Level 1 for 2025 and beyond if allocations open up
Will be interesting to see how many level 1 seats are used. Obviously not the same as a designated seat, but I’d be scoping out empty seats to shift mid-game.

Bugger, that would have got your hopes up. My payments were scheduled on a level 4 placeholder seat, which had me hopeful I wouldn’t get a worse seat.

I’ve been a member for 18 years, but legends for only 5. Club offered me a change from level 4 to level 1 for my away seat. Possibly the club has only looked at total years when reallocating??
In my case, member for 12 (Legends for 10).

They've clearly looked at total years, rather than years as a Club 5/Legends.

I have a generous friend who was lucky to stay on Level 1, so they'll help me out wherever they can this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what ive heard, its not years of membership but years of membership with seats. Not everyone on level 2 was or is a legends member, but they have had seats since the move from Vic park. Im happy with my away seats on level 4. I was moved 4 rows further back. Still 6 rows from front. So i will take that.

On SM-N986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't understand that. Thought 14 year members would have been called by now.

Give the club a call if you have time.
Sent them an email, will see if they get back to me. Might try a phone call and my contact details haven’t changed.

My Level 4 seat has been allocated now.

I’ve entered the reserved seat(s) wait list to get back into Level 1 hopefully in the near future.

Disappointing situation, but I’ve come to terms with it now.

Bring on 2024!

Out of interest, what’s the appeal of Level 1?

I find that there is much better visibility of the game from the upper levels.

My personal preference is an elevated view too. But the atmosphere at Level 1 is unmatched. There is also much better appreciation for the speed and toughness of the players with the contests happening right in front of you.

Atmopshere more than anything, plus I've been accustomed to it for a long time.

I've always preferred undercover Level 1 seats, so I get some elevation but still close enough to absorb the atmosphere.

I don't understand that. Thought 14 year members would have been called by now.

Give the club a call if you have time.
Actually 16 years, i called them today and they can’t explain why I wasn’t contacted earlier. In the process of allocating me a seat.

I like the atmosphere and being closer to the action of the play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back