domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
In each loss so far we have been in danger of a blow out and a humiliating defeat and in each game we have finished stronger than the opposition and running hard at the finish. Did the opposition ease off? However you choose to look at it, physical fitness and attitude don't seem to be the biggest problem. It's skill errors and sloppy footy which are killing us. These problems can be rectified.

The ray of light for me was McInnes and Frampton who who run and worked hard. Both seemed to have a point to prove after not being selected in the first two rounds.

The ray of light for me was McInnes and Frampton who who run and worked hard. Both seemed to have a point to prove after not being selected in the first two rounds.
Agree, Frampton defended pretty well, just no good with ball in hand.
McInnes is a trier with some tricks.
Although regressing thought Elliott was better, Cox and Cameron tried, Maynard solid.
Rest were pretty ordinary…

As well as Frampton and McInnes I thought the ray of light was that for the first time this year - in the 2nd quarter and in the last quarter before we got screwed royally by the umpires - we actually played our footy. Elliott worked his arse off. As did Cox. He might not have gotten a lot of the ball but he was trying to do everything he could without the footy. Maynard was back to his best. Don't know how Noble hasn't made it in yet but not sure his position is our biggest issue.

Wishing I could a refund on my stupidly expensive ticket to this Thursday's game. Reckon Brisbane will absolutely destroy us next Thursday. Coming in winless, still probably pissed about losing the GF, and we're playing mostly very average footy - with structural problems to boot!

As well as Frampton and McInnes I thought the ray of light was that for the first time this year - in the 2nd quarter and in the last quarter before we got screwed royally by the umpires - we actually played our footy. Elliott worked his arse off. As did Cox. He might not have gotten a lot of the ball but he was trying to do everything he could without the footy. Maynard was back to his best. Don't know how Noble hasn't made it in yet but not sure his position is our biggest issue.

Wishing I could a refund on my stupidly expensive ticket to this Thursday's game. Reckon Brisbane will absolutely destroy us next Thursday. Coming in winless, still probably pissed about losing the GF, and we're playing mostly very average footy - with structural problems to boot!
Historically, these are the type of games we win. Written off and ridiculed and against the odds. We will see.

Our superior fitness is kicking in just in time for junk time goals when the opposition has put the cue in the rack.

:drunk:

How about training for strength and explosiveness as opposed to endurance for once?
That might have been the case in the last quarter - especially once they got out to the 5 goal lead but we absolutely dominated them in the 2nd quarter. Just as it felt "how far" the Saints wrestled back some control and got some tempo. And then it went the complete opposite way for the 3rd quarter. But that 2nd quarter is really what I was going on about. Also when we got within 16 points the first time.... the change in energy. Unbelievable. Wish DeGoey was paid what should have been paid. We also had a player with his head taken off in our forward line that also wasn't paid. Anyhoo we weren't good enough and we haven't been good enough. And I doubt we'll be good enough next week...... would be nice to get the first win on the board though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our superior fitness is kicking in just in time for junk time goals when the opposition has put the cue in the rack.

:drunk:

How about training for strength and explosiveness as opposed to endurance for once?
Junktime ? If Jordy gets that holding the man call and slots truly it’s game on, instead it rebounds and all hope is gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back