Analysis Have we got too much cheese on our lasagna?

Remove this Banner Ad

WTF was Fly talking about in his Round 2 post match presser?!?

2023 was about “taking the steps”. Maybe we’ve stumbled across the club’s theme for 2024, we’re going all culinary?

Have we been looking at the wrong primo all along? Wasting our energies on the merits of pizza all’ananas when we should have been more concerned about what’s going on between sheets of pasta?

Tonight in his presser Fly laid out the root cause of our 2024 on-field malaise when he said that “it doesn’t matter if the kitchen is dirty”, and “that it’s not gunna affect the result” and then “getting busy” (lots and lots of “getting busy”) and focusing about the “fundamentals”.

Now you don’t need to Heston Blumenthal to see clearly what’s going on inside the four walls of Collingwood. Everybody who is on top of their domestics very well knows that a dirty kitchen certainly WILL affect the result. FFS, if you’re gunna be baking lasagna (or pizza all’ananas or whatever) then start with a clean kitchen, and that IS pretty fundamental. As a bloke with 44 sons, Fly should know that he needs to set a better example than that.

Pro tip: finishing with a clean kitchen is also a damn good idea and will set us up well for baking lasagna next week against Brisbane at the GABBA.

Is it really that simple? Start with a clean kitchen. Use fresh ingredients. Be hard at the contest and connect with team-mates. End with a clean kitchen?

Do we have too much cheese on our lasagna? Do you think it matters whether we have too much cheese on our lasagna? Maybe it’s all in the type of cheese? Maybe our problem is that we’ve been trying too hard and getting all fancy with quattro formaggi on top when we should just keep it simple with mozzarella?

Do we need to get Gordon Ramsay to give our players a good old fashioned spray?

I’ve got NFI where this thread is going. A bit like our season really. Last year was sweet. This year is going a bit sour and if it continues this way I’ll quickly get bitter and very salty.

Over to you …

Last edited:
I don’t like too much cheese on a lasagna. Think it’s often overused in order to hide a poor quality meat sauce, and rubbery pasta. The resort of a cook who doesn’t really know what they’re doing, or care.

So Fly is the cook? He’s blaming himself…

Possibly too much cheese, possibly the wrong kind of cheese. The question is, how do you remove the dearth of cheese on top before it completely melts into the top of the lasagne, or worse burns to a crisp, and you end up unable to see the goodness within.

I think deep down he is saying the root cause is our nutritionist. Unrefined carbs like pasta are known causes of ageing. It's the blame the nutritionist time 🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Don't you worry about cheese.

My boy Wrighty is in the land of cheese.

He's sending over a lovely ripe Roquefort to help the boys through.

1711057051761.png

He reckon's it might improve the stench in the place and improve the boys' stools.

I don’t like too much cheese on a lasagna. Think it’s often overused in order to hide a poor quality meat sauce, and rubbery pasta. The resort of a cook who doesn’t really know what they’re doing, or care.

So Fly is the cook? He’s blaming himself…

Not to mention the Philistines who mistake bechamel for cheese. I fear that Craig’s beginnings in South Australia might not have set him up for culinary success. At least when it comes to metaphors.

All coaches eventually go crazy.

Maybe the ordinary meat sauce was sourced from an overly patient ox?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The cheese is off.............it seems that every time we try something a bit flashy it's poorly judged. We just need to stick to mince and lasagna sheets for a while and do the basics well.

Last edited:
I’m sure my 96 year nonna will be happy to prepare a lasagna for fly and the boys. She will keep it simple. No over the top mozzarella but will add plenty of grass fed mince between the sheets.

Nobody will go hungry, there will be enough for all. But anyone that doesn’t finish their serve will cop the full wrath from her. Nobody is going anywhere until they finish

That was the most random thing I’ve heard Fly say. I’m putting it up there with Cloke smoke and mirrors. I had no idea what fly was saying, you can never have too much cheese on the lasagna.

I’m not concerned about the cheese, it’s more about the continued “taking the steps” mantra, which is fine when your going up them, turn around and retake the steps, the up ones.

*Too much cheese doesn’t help

Too much cheese on everything. Talk is cheap, I want to see it on the field. Never again will anyone believe any club in saying they won’t have a premiership hangover, it’s all bullshit until the results are there to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF was Fly talking about in his Round 2 post match presser?!?

2023 was about “taking the steps”. Maybe we’ve stumbled across the club’s theme for 2024, we’re going all culinary?

Have we been looking at the wrong primo all along? Wasting our energies on the merits of pizza all’ananas when we should have been more concerned about what’s going on between sheets of pasta?

Tonight in his presser Fly laid out the root cause of our 2024 on-field malaise when he said that “it doesn’t matter if the kitchen is dirty”, and “that it’s not gunna affect the result” and then “getting busy” (lots and lots of “getting busy”) and focusing about the “fundamentals”.

Now you don’t need to Heston Blumenthal to see clearly what’s going on inside the four walls of Collingwood. Everybody who is on top of their domestics very well knows that a dirty kitchen certainly WILL affect the result. FFS, if you’re gunna be baking lasagna (or pizza all’ananas or whatever) then start with a clean kitchen, and that IS pretty fundamental. As a bloke with 44 sons, Fly should know that he needs to set a better example than that.

Pro tip: finishing with a clean kitchen is also a damn good idea and will set us up well for baking lasagna next week against Brisbane at the GABBA.

Is it really that simple? Start with a clean kitchen. Use fresh ingredients. Be hard at the contest and connect with team-mates. End with a clean kitchen?

Do we have too much cheese on our lasagna? Do you think it matters whether we have too much cheese on our lasagna? Maybe it’s all in the type of cheese? Maybe our problem is that we’ve been trying too hard and getting all fancy with quattro formaggi on top when we should just keep it simple with mozzarella?

Do we need to get Gordon Ramsay to give our players a good old fashioned spray?

I’ve got NFI where this thread is going. A bit like our season really. Last year was sweet. This year is going a bit sour and if it continues this way I’ll quickly get bitter and very salty.

Over to you …
Is this a ransom note?

Don't you worry about cheese.

My boy Wrighty is in the land of cheese.

He's sending over a lovely ripe Roquefort to help the boys through.

View attachment 1935410

He reckon's it might improve the stench in the place and improve the boys' stools.
That’s the issue, he needs to go to the land of Lasagna to understand the rest of the ingredients instead of overloading the cheese.

I still think we'll make finals - maybe blind faith. I think they'll rattle off a bunch of wins in a row once they do get that first W.

Top 4 a stretch now, but yeah I'm backing them and idaf. I felt like an arsehole last year when I packed it in when the lost to Hawthorn, not doing that again.

I still think we'll make finals - maybe blind faith. I think they'll rattle off a bunch of wins in a row once they do get that first W.

Top 4 a stretch now, but yeah I'm backing them and idaf. I felt like an a-hole last year when I packed it in when the lost to Hawthorn, not doing that again.
I suspect you may have O.Ded on too much cheese.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back