Who have you been most wrong about?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hairydawg

Senior List
Jan 26, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Mine was IQ. I saw him in a practice match in Perth and he didn’t look the size or even the type.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Murphy, start of 2022, I was convinced he was done. Just couldn't stay on the park and was convinced he would be delisted.
I would have happily delisted Cox and Murphy after 2021 if I were in charge. Fortunately I am not.

Probably Josh Daicos. Didn't impress me at all in his first couple of years and gave away 50 m penalties too often.

I would have happily delisted Cox and Murphy after 2021 if I were in charge. Fortunately I am not.
And cox only scraped in at the last moment. Reckon if Lynch stayed, Cox would not given they only gave him a contract very very late in the piece. Amazing what a couple years does and a new coach.

Mine is the ultimate. When I first saw him, I watched Pendlebury get caught from behind a couple of times and said he was too slow and wouldn't make it. I also watched Dane Swan in his early days on the back line and didn't think he was good enough either. I don't think anyone can top those as bad judgements. I am much slower to decide these days.

Probably Josh Daicos. Didn't impress me at all in his first couple of years and gave away 50 m penalties too often.

I agree his 1st 2-3 Seasons I had some Real Doubt about. Had Good Skills but Barley Touched the Ball

I’m sure this isn’t an outrageous Take but I was convinced Cox was completely Finished at the End of 2021. Was 30 years old and was surely not gonna improve, DC had taken his place in the side and we had a young rebuilding list so I was almost certain he was gone.

The way he has revived his career and got a Premership medal is amazing, I think Fly is the only man that could’ve transformed his career.

Dane Swan
From write off to my favourite player.
Loved his cheek on field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taylor Adams
Thought his kicking wasn't up to the mark, and that his handballs were poorly timed and got teammates into pressure.
But he worked on his game and improved

On the optimism side, I really thought Shaz was going to be a gun.

On the pessimism side, I thought Darcy Moore would never make it as his body would break down early. Very thankful to have been well wrong with that one.

Early on l criticised Scott Burns for not going in hard enough:(

My mate constantly reminded me of that.

All of my exes.
Not wrong just yet with current wifey.

Probably James Manson.
Unco big man. Goofy.
Not a star but ended up a premiership player.
I'm rarely wrong about players although I wait until a little senior footy before commenting.
Unless your name is Edward or Oleg that is.
I could see what WHE was offering when many here were putting him down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back