Prediction Do you still have faith?

Remove this Banner Ad

so after watching the game, you think the team needs to try harder eh...
I do not think I said that at all but in the 1st qtr when we were in the front foot we need to make it pay,if we kicked those shots from Jaime and Brodie we were up by 6 gls and going away. As was shown by Melbourne points cost you dearly 3 extra gls in the 1st qtr and we are up by 40ptsand it is very hard to come back from that.

They worked hard enough last night but there were lapses and probably against Brisbane we would have been in trouble.

I do not think I said that at all but in the 1st qtr when we were in the front foot we need to make it pay,if we kicked those shots from Jaime and Brodie we were up by 6 gls and going away. As was shown by Melbourne points cost you dearly 3 extra gls in the 1st qtr and we are up by 40ptsand it is very hard to come back from that.

They worked hard enough last night but there were lapses and probably against Brisbane we would have been in trouble.

so there were lapses in effort? Lets stop this here. I dont see much point in continuing. We can meet again on grand final day and if we're successful, you can tell me more about our lack of effort.... if we dont make it, you're the expert

It just occurred to me what a wonderful thing it is to be a magpie fan.... or a fan of any sport.

Often we have other members of our family who support the same club and it is times like these when we are closest to each other - sharing feelings in a way that dont come up often.

These sporting associations with our family almost serve the same thing that believing in jesus or a particular church did generations ago. As a godless person, I can say that the Pies is the closest thing that I'll ever get to a religion.....and what is great is that it is actually real....god bless the pies...

so there were lapses in effort? Lets stop this here. I dont see much point in continuing. We can meet again on grand final day and if we're successful, you can tell me more about our lack of effort.... if we dont make it, you're the expert
I think you are taking this out of context again,I will say again there was no lack of effort last night just lapses in concentration which could have been more costly and against someone with some finisher would have hurt more. We could have been 6 gls up at qtr time and I think much easier night would have been the case.

I think you are taking this out of context again,I will say again there was no lack of effort last night just lapses in concentration which could have been more costly and against someone with some finisher would have hurt more. We could have been 6 gls up at qtr time and I think much easier night would have been the case.

i equate lack of concentration to lack of effort in most cases. In my experience, there are two reasons someone doesnt do something - they cant do it or they wont do it. If they concentrate for most of the game then that demonstrates that they are capable of concentrating. You could argue that some players are incapable of concentrating through the whole game. They dont have the personality or the life experiences........ that means that they cant do it....and no amount of admonishing from BF is going to get them to change.

My interpretation of your complaint is that they are capable of changing...of concentrating more...so if they are capable and they dont do it, then it is a lack of effort.

I Dont Know You Bradley Cooper GIF by filmeditor

Its now or not for a few years.. finished top,through to a prelim, injury free and a happy connected squad.
Hopefully that was the "close game" like Geel last year but i doubt it.

The flag is in the bag everyone - because I’ve decided not to fly over for the GF.

I’ve got a terrible record watching the Pies live in Melbourne….

Been to 3 GF’s for no wins - 2002, 2010 draw and 2018. A total of 14 points diff for the three games.

Back In 1992 when goin to Uni in Melbourne I went to 7 Collingwood games that year for 1 win and 6 losses - we had a record of 15 wins and 1 loss in the games I didn’t attend !! Of course I went to the fi als loss to the Saints as well.

Have been to 5 other Pies games in Melbourne since 2010 outside GF’s for 5 losses.

Even this year I tempted fate and went over with my son for the Blues games in RD 20 for another loss..and the start of our crappy late season end. Virgin even cancelled our flight the night before we were flying over but I rebooked on Qantas and paid thru the nose so I could see us lose again.

Cause we want to win a premiership I’m taking one for the team and not flying over for this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The flag is in the bag everyone - because I’ve decided not to fly over for the GF.

Been to 3 GF’s for no wins - 2002, 2010 draw and 2018. A total of 14 points diff for the three games.

Back In 1992 when goin to Uni in Melbourne I went to 7 Collingwood games that year for 1 win and 6 losses - we had a record of 15 wins and 1 loss in the games I didn’t attend !! Of course I went to the fi als loss to the Saints as well.

Have been to 5 other Pies games in Melbourne since 2010 outside GF’s for 5 losses.

Even this year I tempted fate and went over with my son for the Blues games in RD 20 for another loss..and the start of our crappy late season end. Virgin even cancelled our flight the night before we were flying over but I rebooked on Qantas and paid thru the nose so I could see us lose again.

Cause we want to win a premiership I’m taking one for the team and not flying over for this one.
Thanks and please never attend again🙂

Little more.

Still a bit concerned at how we’re playing. Also, generally the side that plays the tough close Prelim usually gets belted in the Grand Final.

Also, we’re Collingwood. Losing Grand Finals is our thing lol.

Hoping the boys have been holding back somewhat waiting for next week.

Little more.

Still a bit concerned at how we’re playing. Also, generally the side that plays the tough close Prelim usually gets belted in the Grand Final.

This is just not true of recent history whatsoever. It was not the case in '20, '19 (Richmond v Geelong was close), '18 (we lost by a goal), '16, '14, '13, or '12 (10pt loss). I stopped at our flag

In 2017, 2015, 2014, & 2013, the team that had the closer PF result won the flag too.

It is more accurate that prelim final margins have little to no bearing on GF results

This is just not true of recent history whatsoever. It was not the case in '20, '19 (Richmond v Geelong was close), '18 (we lost by a goal), '16, '14, '13, or '12 (10pt loss). I stopped at our flag

In 2017, 2015, 2014, & 2013, the team that had the closer PF result won the flag too.

It is more accurate that prelim final margins have little to no bearing on GF results

Maybe I had some recency bias there because of Sydney

Just hoping they really bring it next week. Because the lack of intensity for quite a decent chunk of last nights game really worried me.

Like, we’ve only put together 2 four quarter efforts this year.

Hoping next week is the third.

Thanks for your service.

Little more.

In 2007 Geelong won close against us then belted Port

At the game last night, I can't say I was ecstatic at the final siren, I was more relieved.
The last time I had that exact same feeling, was at the night Prelim vs Hawthorn in 2011 when we were battered and bruised but just held on.
I hope it's a different result

Remove this Banner Ad

Back