Roast The "you were wrong" thread AKA the Caro Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
One of the sweetest aspects of a premiership is proving all the critics and haters wrong. Let us share here the predictions and analysis made by people regarding our club that aged like vindaloo left in a hot dumpster.

Allow me to commence proceedings with the low hanging fruit: Caro, bless her, giving us the reverse-mozz by claiming that we wouldn't make finals this year... just as she did in 2010. A footy journalist who is so consistently wrong that I hear gamblers have made a fortune by listening to her analysis and betting on the inverse.

Caro, you were wrong.

^ Predicting Collingwood would finish 10th whilst her beloved Richmond would come in at 2nd suggests that she was thinking with her heart and not her head. Like a romantic comedy, it is hard to know whether that is funny or sad. Speaking of which, how about Montagna and Dal Santo also stating that we wouldn't make the 8?

Salty Saints, you were wrong.

When it comes to producing content that underrates collingwood, footy media personnel and social media nuffies have been busier than Tom Hawkin's uber eats driver. Share some of your favourites below, enjoy the smug gloating, and floreat pica.

Last edited:

I recall quite a few people saying that Tom Mitchell was 'cooked'. Let me volunteer on your behalf: you were wrong to doubt Thomas.

It's been a while since my last confession, but let me say that I had some nagging concerns about a certain B. Hill. I didn't want him dropped, and I'm not sure I aired my concerns, but I wondered how long we could 'carry' such a low-impact player.

I'm led to believe that this same B Hill had some impact on Grand Final day.

Are we accepting posts from the main board here?

Found this great one from August 19:

Collingwood have that straight sets feeling about them.

Have significantly overachieved for two seasons now. Bottom 4 list IMO.

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

It's been a while since my last confession, but let me say that I had some nagging concerns about a certain B. Hill. I didn't want him dropped, and I'm not sure I aired my concerns, but I wondered how long we could 'carry' such a low-impact player.

It takes class to admit when we got one wrong ourselves... I never posted it, but I was sceptical of our recruitment of Markov. Never been more happy to be wrong as I saw him grinning with a well deserved premiership medal.
Absolutely, and that was a beauty. Bottom 4 list 😂

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

I guess they got the straight sets part correct. Straight sets win!

I recall quite a few people saying that Tom Mitchell was 'cooked'. Let me volunteer on your behalf: you were wrong to doubt Thomas.

Tom Mitchell, Oleg Markov and WHE all cooked a while back.
WHE played an amazing finals series.
Everyone played a part.

I guess they got the straight sets part correct. Straight sets win!
In their defence they were probably referring to ‘expected score’ results when talking about straight sets.

Have significantly overachieved for two seasons now. Bottom 4 list IMO. …
Fly’s done pretty well then with a bottom 4 list. What will happen when the list becomes half decent?

Understood the reasoning behind the Bobby Hill trade / signing.

However, I didn’t have him in the best 23 before round one after his horror 2022.

That’s not to say I didn’t think he could be there by the end of the year, but we did have some depth in the forwards (albeit without star power) with different structures that we could use.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No confession required, your nagging concerns about B. Hill are well justified …

93AFD8B9-4E05-46D5-BFA1-B9E6F2AE8123.gif

Hahahahahahahahahaha.
Oh please provide link to post

My favourite was Jordan Lewis who said we would miss the 8 and Essendon make it. Also said our defence is questionable. The defence that dominated the finals and held the Lions to 1 mark i50 for a half.

He then proceeded to tip against us for most of the season.

Fox Footy “expert”

Last edited:
Brad Johnson also had us missing the eight right at the start of the season. “I just don’t know where Collingwood are at, and can see them sliding..”

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back