FTA-TV MasterChef 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

You ever "tasted" one of the finished dishes that gets passed over by the judges?
Nup cos it’s filmed in Melbourne, edited in Sydney. Closest we got was Reynold giving us a bunch of samples from his dessert bar.

The weakest, worst and most blatant favouritism season I have seen. How is Jess still there? Half her savoury dishes are always too sweet. Judges have given her a leg up, most notably in that chicken challenge a month or so ago. Get rid of these ******* thirsty judges next season and stop overproducing the show. Last year was infinitely better.

Should be an interesting elimination tonight... both Chloe and Jess have proven themselves with handling previous eliminations while Sashi is a complete unknown. Will he fail to handle the pressure like Reese...
You'd think the producers would like 2 men & 2 women in the top 4, even if we think Jess & Chloe aren't par with the female cooks we've seen get this far on the show in the past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great editing in that episode DapperJong

It seemed obvious from the judges reactions that they struggled to eat Chloe's effort so it seemed like she clearly had the worst dish yet the focus all went on Sashi (who was clearly very nervous). The judges then threw in their minor criticisms about under seasoning despite the fact they chowed it all down. Some masterly misdirection.

The better cooks won in the end.

Just going back through this thread's punting posts. I'd quote them but I've been trying to multi quote for ages and just gave up. As far back as May, Ben was already a short price favourite, and was joined very soon after by Sashi and Khanh. At the time there still would have been more than a dozen still in the competition. Wonder why the bookies would be so well informed?

Just going back through this thread's punting posts. I'd quote them but I've been trying to multi quote for ages and just gave up. As far back as May, Ben was already a short price favourite, and was joined very soon after by Sashi and Khanh. At the time there still would have been more than a dozen still in the competition. Wonder why the bookies would be so well informed?

They have easily been the best 3 cooks. I just hope Jess isn’t in the final I’ll go nuts otherwise

Khanh and Sashi, perhaps. Ben's nowhere near the same league and has had several legups from the judges (wasn't he the one to do frozen peas or something like that?). Even the other night when the others were all pushing themselves in mystery box, he did ribs. He did them very well, but hardly MasterChef final fare, surely?

Great editing in that episode DapperJong

It seemed obvious from the judges reactions that they struggled to eat Chloe's effort so it seemed like she clearly had the worst dish yet the focus all went on Sashi (who was clearly very nervous). The judges then threw in their minor criticisms about under seasoning despite the fact they chowed it all down. Some masterly misdirection.

The better cooks won in the end.

Not my ep! But yeah I watched it and I got nervous even knowing the result!!

Wonder why the bookies would be so well informed?
As I said at the time someone mentioned those odds, clearly there's been a leak of some kind. At the time Khanh was kinda floating in the middle and had barely received any airtime, and Ben hadn't done anything except know how to prepare seafood - neither had showed at that time that they were finals worthy.

Pretty sure the episodes are filmed over Spring/Summer so there would be quite a while where there's a lot of people that would have had a rough idea who's in the final few (be that people working on the show, people vaguely connected to the show, randoms in the service challenges, contestants, friends and family of any of those groups) and either enough people bet on a small number of people for Sportsbet etc to shorten those odds or they found out themselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back