Status
Not open for further replies.

The Weed #33

Debutant
May 17, 2008
A-town
AFL Club
Adelaide
He's been more or less out of the game for two years but at 163k he is a tempting price, particularly because in '05 and '06, he averaged just over 70. Can he recaputre some of that form this year, reaping you some handy cash or is he dead weight on the pay roll? Seems as if he has a place in the team if he can stay on the park. I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.:)

Depending on your team, if Ross Lyon is prepared to give him 2-3 rounds, so can you.

Positives - good reader of the play, he used to lead the league in marks from the opposition. Strong accurate kick. negatives - gives away frees, questions over fitness and pace.

I don't think he's ever been a great lock down defender so his place in the team depends on his play reading and fitness. At 163k if he gets a game he's good value but you have to be prepared to trade him early if it goes pear shaped.

Lyon will be desperate for him to come good to be able to free up Goddard/Fisher to the midfield so he'll get his chances early, he might miss rd 2 but he'll definitely get a gig in rounds 3 & 4 ;) by which time he's hopefully gone up a few $.

It's a pity there's a Thursday game so we might not see the team sheets early enough.

I reckon he's worth the risk at $160k. There's obviously a chance he wont play much, if at all, but there is isn't a lot of 160k or less players that guaranteed to play. If he's is fit, he will play and there aren't too many players at that value you can say that about. I think as long as you haven't risked a lot through your team, he's worth putting in as a last defender.

I totally agree that there isnt many of players around that price that will play. Im tossing up between mcguire and leigh fisher. who would others go for?? i just keep swapping between them and then i see mcguires name agin and his price & put him back in

Saints supporter, I don't think Matt will play a big part in our year with our new recruits down back. I think he might be a forward option but if he is, he's not going to score much. Leigh Fisher wont play barring ridiculous amounts of injury. I went for Ricky Petterd personally. Centre classified as back, hopefully he can get a few games for that shitty Demons midfield.

Saints supporter, I don't think Matt will play a big part in our year with our new recruits down back. I think he might be a forward option but if he is, he's not going to score much. Leigh Fisher wont play barring ridiculous amounts of injury. I went for Ricky Petterd personally. Centre classified as back, hopefully he can get a few games for that shitty Demons midfield.

I wouldn't call a midfield consisting of McLean, Jones, Green, Bruce and McDonald shitty...

That's a below par midfiled in my opinion. Would you like a straight swap?

Green, Bruce, McLean and maybe even Jones would be getting games at the Saints right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would rather Stephen Hill over McGuire.

thats the decision i'm tossing up between. Hill could turn all palmer on us and be a standout. But with maguire fit, i dont think ross lyon would look past him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back