Matthew Lloyd's voice like nails down a chalk board

Remove this Banner Ad

ciaobella

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
This guy would have to have one of the most annoying voices in the business. He sounds like he's stuck on a high pitch all the time and there's no variation. Up there with Kellie Underwood!

Would prefer Lloyd to Mr. Smug Tim Lane very bias call from him tonight.

Lloyd might have a slightly annoying voice, but he displays good insight and is firm but fair with his assessments of all players and teams too. Was the only one of the Ten cmmentators tonight that didn't sound like he had tipped the Swans.

Mark Ricciuto always sounds like a teenager that's had a few drinks when he's on commentary.

Lloyd's voice is a bit grating but I agree he adds plenty of substance. Comparing him to Underwood is a bit poor.
I quite like what Lloyd has offered so far. He did dog it during the interview with Hird on SEN this afternoon, but otherwise he is firm and is normally not a fence sitter.
I love Ricciutto. One of my favourite all time players. But I just can't listen to his voice. It is horrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not the sound of his voice but the way he talks. He doesn't flow continuously. There isn't a sentence that doesn't go by without him hesitating about his next choice of words mid-sentence. Besides that though, I rate him.

Lloyd doesn't have a clue unless it's a Victorian club I liked his comment about the Ted Richards matchup when Teddy didn't play. Absolute wank.
I like Lloyd but yeh he knows nothing about interstate teams. I loved how during the Sydney v Hawthorn game last year, Jetta kicked a goal that was meant to be his first after 19 behinds, but it was just after the 3 qtr time siren and the crowd didn't know the siren had gone (or thought he had kicked it before it) and started applauding and Lloyd says "I don't think the Sydney supporters understand football like we do, they think it's a goal"

Lloyd's comment about Richards was that Longmire couldn't call on him to play on Cloke because he wasn't playing. He said it would normally be the type of match up Richards could take to relieve Grundy.

I like Lloyd. He's not afraid to call out players who aren't going hard enough or arent doing the right things on the field. His voice does grate though and he needs to be a little more succinct in what he says.

Lloyd's comment about Richards was that Longmire couldn't call on him to play on Cloke because he wasn't playing. He said it would normally be the type of match up Richards could take to relieve Grundy.

I like Lloyd. He's not afraid to call out players who aren't going hard enough or arent doing the right things on the field. His voice does grate though and he needs to be a little more succinct in what he says.

Not at the time I'm referring to so maybe if he established it earlier then I can forgive him for just saying "thats the Ted Richards matchup" but I didn't hear him say what you are quoting. Lloyd's a wank comment still stands though. Hope Riccuito isn't doing the Swans v Adelaide game next week as agreed that he is hard to listen to.

Not at the time I'm referring to so maybe if he established it earlier then I can forgive him for just saying "thats the Ted Richards matchup" but I didn't hear him say what you are quoting. Lloyd's a wank comment still stands though. Hope Riccuito isn't doing the Swans v Adelaide game next week as agreed that he is hard to listen to.

I think you just proved yourself as the wank, i clearly heard him refer to how richards was being sorely missed,

Like some other poster said somewhere on the board, if only we could combine Luke Darcy and Matthew Lloyd we would have a great commentator. Darcy speaks absolute s**t but speaks this absolute s**t very well whereas Lloyd has great views but stumbles after every third word and speaks in a constant monotone.

Quite like Matty Lloyd's commentary except for his pronunciation of the word huge (shuze) which he uses quite often.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back