Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 2) - Full Support of the Board

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because this about the coach and the decisions he makes

I would have made a different one and I gave my reasons for doing so

You are quite welcome to dissect my decisions but NOT my right to do so
I’m not stopping you from having your opinion. Just trying to help reduce your blood pressure and unnecessary raised sugar levels.

The most clueless coach we've ever had.

Why wouldn't you get good midfield minutes into Harry and Berry??

You've subbed off Soligo so it should be easy to get time into Harry and Berry but no our resident imbecile decides to get Keays back into the midfield.

Keays had 1 CBA? Besides his usual up and down the ground work I didn’t notice him in the midfield at all? Did I miss something at the ground that stood out on TV?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nothing I saw against the witches hats today showed that Nicks can coach, he needs to go. I can't wait for the fool to wax lyrical about the use of the sub again.

We all can have opinions on the sub, but who gets managed and when they get called off is not going to be obvious to anyone bar the players and those relevant staff who manages the players. Basically, if we have a decent win, why the need to dissect on the sub call?
So you were ok with Nank being made sub to fit Smith in?

I'm actually not shocked by this.

Collingwood made 6 million profit last year so they have more than enough money to be going down that path. They've also been pushing behind the scenes to get the soft cap raised back to 9 million.

Collingwood made 6 million profit last year so they have more than enough money to be going down that path. They've also been pushing behind the scenes to get the soft cap raised back to 9 million.
AND ....as soon as one Club starts going over the Soft Cap ....you watch all the sheep clubs follow

I'm not sure Club Profitability matters ....Clubs spend beyond their means now, in the knowledge AFL headquarters will not allow them to go into liquidation

How will the AFL react to this ? .....limit the rich clubs, to protect the financially destitute Clubs ?

The most clueless coach we've ever had.

Why wouldn't you get good midfield minutes into Harry and Berry??

You've subbed off Soligo so it should be easy to get time into Harry and Berry but no our resident imbecile decides to get Keays back into the midfield.
Reckon you are wrong on Keays . Only 1 cba. Berry was in the guts plenty after soligo was subbed as was Rachelle (12 cbas) . Not totally clear on what we were doing with shoey though. I’d be more critical of not playing them in front of laird or crouch though. We could have really experimented. Instead we were chasing that precious percentage so we can finish ninth 🙄

Well the problem with having soft caps and a salary cap is there is only so much rich clubs can spend their cash on. But we can't go to a free market or even 9 mill because clubs over half the clubs can't afford it. I'm not sure what the answer is tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AND ....as soon as one Club starts going over the Soft Cap ....you watch all the sheep clubs follow

I'm not sure Club Profitability matters ....Clubs spend beyond their means now, in the knowledge AFL headquarters will not allow them to go into liquidation

How will the AFL react to this ? .....limit the rich clubs, to protect the financially destitute Clubs ?
Question: if all clubs were treated financially equal and given the exact same support via the afl how many would naturally survive? Who would fold? I’m thinking only around 10 are viable this way

Question: if all clubs were treated financially equal and given the exact same support via the afl how many would naturally survive? Who would fold? I’m thinking only around 10 are viable this way

I think the only way to determine this would be to go to a fully free market system. And yeah, if they did this I would agree that 10 would survive. there will be a few super teams and the rest will turn into feeder teams and the worst of them go broke.

Depends on if you equally apply the qualifications to the start-up franchises as well as Vic Clubs ?

Clubs like NORTH & SAINTS would go ....but they would argue the AFL is propping up GWS, GCS, and TAS ...which is a fair argument

Aside from that argument ....I'm absolutely sure, you cannot have an elite standard sport, having a 19-20 team comp, with a population, the size of Australia

St Kilda would instantly fold that day

I think it would depend on the level of financial support. But if it's somewhere in the middle then all the northern teams would be in trouble, plus St Kilda, North, Bulldogs, Melbourne and probably Port

I think the only way to determine this would be to go to a fully free market system. And yeah, if they did this I would agree that 10 would survive. there will be a few super teams and the rest will turn into feeder teams and the worst of them go broke.
I wonder if this happened if clubs would suddenly discover a bunch of other revenue streams that they're not having to pursue now

Nothing I saw against the witches hats today showed that Nicks can coach, he needs to go. I can't wait for the fool to wax lyrical about the use of the sub again.

To be fair, I saw a completely different style of ball movement to what we have previously seen this year and it was extremely effective.

We have shown we are very good at using that slingshot style out of stoppages and D50, adding the chip/mark change angles style will only help.

The big caveat is of course the quality of the opposition, but if we’re using this as a trial run before bringing it against the top sides then I like what I saw.

However, knowing Nicks it’ll fail once and he’ll go back into his shell.

We’d end up just like the majority of Euro soccer teams where the same 2-3 clubs win it every time and your odds of going from the bottom to the top of the league is nearly zero.

St Kilda would instantly fold that day

I think it would depend on the level of financial support. But if it's somewhere in the middle then all the northern teams would be in trouble, plus St Kilda, North, Bulldogs, Melbourne and probably Port
Based on the funding ladder from last year, all of the teams you listed would be in strife.

The expansion clubs being there is no surprise to anyone, and the lack of money at St Kilda and North is discussed frequently, but Brisbane tend to go under the radar for this.

To be fair, I saw a completely different style of ball movement to what we have previously seen this year and it was extremely effective.

We have shown we are very good at using that slingshot style out of stoppages and D50, adding the chip/mark change angles style will only help.

The big caveat is of course the quality of the opposition, but if we’re using this as a trial run before bringing it against the top sides then I like what I saw.

However, knowing Nicks it’ll fail once and he’ll go back into his shell.
What was it that you saw that made you notice?

I have my ideas on what the plan was

Based on the funding ladder from last year, all of the teams you listed would be in strife.

The expansion clubs being there is no surprise to anyone, and the lack of money at St Kilda and North is discussed frequently, but Brisbane tend to go under the radar for this.

North are apparently low on debt but still require huge handouts. St Kilda though are in massive debt and need handouts. How they aren't being folded to make room for Tasmania is beyond me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back