Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 2) - Full Support of the Board

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you qualified in this area of sports medicine ?

I've been around sport for a very long time. You're enthusiasm to defend Nicks at all costs when thats not even my problem is kind of silly. Are you so desperate you are jumping at shadows with crap comments like this to try and prove a stupid point.

I've been around sport for a very long time. You're enthusiasm to defend Nicks at all costs when thats not even my problem is kind of silly. Are you so desperate you are jumping at shadows with crap comments like this to try and prove a stupid point.
You sound like my Wife, responding to a question with an attack ....try & stay on topic with the post please

So, you're not qualified to make an informed opinion ....

You sound like my Wife, responding to a question with an attack ....try & stay on topic with the post please

So, you're not qualified to make an informed opinion ....

You don't need to be qualified. If I was saying its clear by Rankines paleness he had a virus, then you could ask if I am a doctor. But you dont need to be a doctor or sports scientist to understand how muscles work. Also 3 seconds of research will actually tell you how hamstrings commonly occur, through reputable sports and medical sites. So your attempt to nullify my opinion as unqualified is silly. Especially when I have been involved in sport for a very long time.

Look, I can tell what you are trying to do. You got a happy clapper result, you come out of the wood work to comment and defend your thoughts on Nicks. You are more then welcome to discuss where I got the information about hamstrings, I can give you a lot of links but all I ask is do better.

It is the primary cause or you over exert yourself without warming up and stretching. But by all means, create excuses, it only adds to the pile anyway.

You've selected one of the reasons that muscles strain and decided it's the cause of Rankine's because you need to blame it on Nix. Perhaps you're right, but there's no way that you can be certain. Especially given the actions he was undertaking when it went.

You don't need to be qualified. If I was saying its clear by Rankines paleness he had a virus, then you could ask if I am a doctor. But you dont need to be a doctor or sports scientist to understand how muscles work. Also 3 seconds of research will actually tell you how hamstrings commonly occur, through reputable sports and medical sites. So your attempt to nullify my opinion as unqualified is silly. Especially when I have been involved in sport for a very long time.

Look, I can tell what you are trying to do. You got a happy clapper result, you come out of the wood work to comment and defend your thoughts on Nicks. You are more then welcome to discuss where I got the information about hamstrings, I can give you a lot of links but all I ask is do better.
You keep going off-topic ....for some strange reason, that only you know why

It seems to be a deflection from explaining why your view on hamstrings is superior to 1970crow .....frankly, his POV is more believable

PS ....I have made zero comments about Nicks following this match ....so why are you saying I have ....more made-up ****

You've selected one of the reasons that muscles strain and decided it's the cause of Rankine's because you need to blame it on Nix. Perhaps you're right, but there's no way that you can be certain. Especially given the actions he was undertaking when it went.

Its not to blame Nicks. go read up on it. Its all there. How I described it is way more likely than anything else. You believe what you believe but im not wrong just as much as you are not wrong about what you think. Either way though, it still can be linked to mismanagement.

You keep going off-topic ....for some strange reason, that only you know why

It seems to be a deflection from explaining why your view on hamstrings is superior to 1970crow .....frankly, his POV is more believable

PS ....I have made zero comments about Nicks following this match ....so why are you saying I have ....more made-up ****

Go read up on hamstrings. What you believe doesnt make me less wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And blaming Pyke for the shitshow of media beat up of the camp and kicking his arse to the curb. A 60%+ winning coach that took us to a GF.

Pyke had to deal with Birdbrain too... That would do your head in alone...
So glad to see we’ve moved to the historical revisionism phase.

The most clueless coach we've ever had.

Why wouldn't you get good midfield minutes into Harry and Berry??

You've subbed off Soligo so it should be easy to get time into Harry and Berry but no our resident imbecile decides to get Keays back into the midfield.
This can piggyback on to my thoughts about today and the sub

I know people have said '' we were ahead by so much what does it matter'' and maybe thats right

BUT

WEdnesday night Darren Burgess and Soligo let the coach know the niggles are starting to affect his body and he will need to be managed

Ok so my thinking is look at who we are playing ' West Coast - rightio whats the best thing to do with this situation''

1. Pick and play him until he breaks down or says thats it
2. Not pick him and look at your list and scroll past the Ds and keep going
3. Stop at the Ds and think yeah Dowls would be good here. Gives him a chance - maybe start him as the sub to get him used to the noise etc
4. Play Dowling early with the idea of subbing at half - woah woah the fans went nuts last time

I mean thats just me - what would I know

Oi no comeback on that!

This can piggyback on to my thoughts about today and the sub

I know people have said '' we were ahead by so much what does it matter'' and maybe thats right

BUT

WEdnesday night Darren Burgess and Soligo let the coach know the niggles are starting to affect his body and he will need to be managed

Ok so my thinking is look at who we are playing ' West Coast - rightio whats the best thing to do with this situation''

1. Pick and play him until he breaks down or says thats it
2. Not pick him and look at your list and scroll past the Ds and keep going
3. Stop at the Ds and think yeah Dowls would be good here. Gives him a chance - maybe start him as the sub to get him used to the noise etc
4. Play Dowling early with the idea of subbing at half - woah woah the fans went nuts last time

I mean thats just me - what would I know

Oi no comeback on that!

The selection committee clearly were scared of West Coast thats why Soligo played. I can understand that. They have been playing well up until today.

The selection committee clearly were scared of West Coast thats why Soligo played. I can understand that. They have been playing well up until today.
So was I but I would still have made the call to drop Soligo - maybe rest him from the SANFL also

He's suggested that if the Crows have a poor season that Nicks won't be going anywhere and the club will move on the assistant coaches and give the box a refresh.
Interesting ...COLL have come out and said they're prepared to pay well over the soft cap, on their football program

It means Collingwood is prepared to spend up to $500,000 over the cap to properly resource its program with coaches, medical experts, welfare consultants and psychologists. It will mean the Pies will have to stump up a 75 per cent tax on that figure – as much as $375,000 – which is then handed back to the AFL

Can we at least agree the sub call is really up to the coach and fitness staff to decide, as well as players giving their own feedback on their bodies?
Thanks for that John

Sp no opinions on here

Rightio

Thanks for that John

Sp no opinions on here

Rightio
We all can have opinions on the sub, but who gets managed and when they get called off is not going to be obvious to anyone bar the players and those relevant staff who manages the players. Basically, if we have a decent win, why the need to dissect on the sub call?

We all can have opinions on the sub, but who gets managed and when they get called off is not going to be obvious to anyone bar the players and those relevant staff who manages the players. Basically, if we have a decent win, why the need to dissect on the sub call?
Because this about the coach and the decisions he makes

I would have made a different one and I gave my reasons for doing so

You are quite welcome to dissect my decisions but NOT my right to do so

Back