Player Watch Matthew Panton (NFL punter)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be all over this - only problem is he might be prone to giving away too many free kicks at Avengers HQ.

With no disrespect, you would find that the Hon. Julie Bishop is in actual fact, the current Number 1 ticket holder for the West Coast Eagles.:thumbsu:
In that case I highly resent the use of honorary anywhere near her name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well if he showed nothing as a junior WTF would we want him for? He played as a junior, do you think being a punter in America somehow improved him?
Again I’d rather just assess what he brings to the table now?

Why does it matter what he showed ten years ago? Heaps of things can change over that amount of time, particularly being in the professional sports environment that college sports in America entail.

Why does it matter what he showed ten years ago? Heaps of things can change over that amount of time, particularly being in the professional sports environment that college sports in America entail.
Things don't change though, for CatB Aussies you could either play as a junior or you couldn't, going to America doesn't change that, he must have been highly rated as a junior or we simply wouldn't even look at him.

Why does what he showed as a junior matter? I only care about what he shows now.

Shows that he's not coming from as far back as Cox for instance, played junior footy and to a pretty good standard.

I'm all for filling our quota of Cat B Rookies. They're a free hit, players 45-47 on our standard list of 44. We already have Magden who shows promise.

Story says we've put him through all the testing, what more do you need? If we sign him it'll be because we think he has potential now, not because of his junior footy which just adds to the data they'd have to make that decision on.

Happy to give him a shot, couldn't be worse than Darrean Wyatt.

Early days I actually though Wyatt showed a bit but sadly it was just an aberration... :oops: