Player Watch Matthew Scharenberg (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

On topic, getting as many games as possible into Schara needs to be one of this year's priorities. The coach is right to be excited at what he has to offer...

Last edited:

giphy.gif
Four play?

On topic, getting as many games as possible into Schara needs to be on of this year's priorities. The coach is right to be excited at what he has to offer...
Agree mr b man
Get games into him, he'll do the rest

Will be established best 22 by the bye. I know that's ambitious, but his talent and professionalism will take him places quickly. Bring on the era of the Berg!

IF he can stay injury-free

Not everyone. He will be Der Kaiser. There is no denying his teutonic roots and I got the alternative facts to prove it.
Der Keiser

Fantastic, love it. Great name for Matt.

Ahh Franz he really was the kaiser

I think he'll come through the VFL, there's no need to rush, it'll take him some time to get his confidence up.

Injury permitting, he'll play a lot of senior footy in 2017. I won't be too worried if that starts round 1 or a few rounds into the season.

Der Keiser

Fantastic, love it. Great name for Matt.

Ahh Franz he really was the kaiser
It is Kaiser, not Keiser. You were probably thinking of Keyser Soze. Unfortunately Matt is not showing that level of ruthlessness yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An Aish like 2016 for Scharenberg in 2017 we should be wrapt with.

I love this kid like most here (except pablo disco bar ) and believe he deserves a clear run from here on.

I don't think so. One thing you can be fairly sure about is a journeyman like Blair, who gives his all for the team, will have a pretty realistic view of his place in the team. I would guess internally its higher than you would rate him and I would bet the Pendles etc of the world see him in a different light. Bucks also will know where Blair stands. He was rightly selected in 2016 but will have to do plenty to keep that spot in 2017. I suspect Bucks does have a soft spot for Blair because he has given his all week in week out. I cant help but like that too

You Either Hate or Love Blair;)

It is Kaiser, not Keiser. You were probably thinking of Keyser Soze. Unfortunately Matt is not showing that level of ruthlessness yet.
You are correct I wasn't thinking

The new Scharenberg thread is quite interesting, quite psychological. It's a bit of a coincidence, actually, because as I was moving some boxes in my basement the other day I discovered a tunnel which led me right into the mind of Matt Scharenberg. What a deep thinking young man he is! Anyway, some quick observations:

* His opinion of JDG lowered in lockstep with his opinion of JDG's tattoo;
* His opinion of Travis Cloke was always rather low, but he's actually been missing the kooky old guy of late. Thinks he'll be a dud for the Dogs;
* He often wakes from nightmares that he has been traded back to South Australia;
* He often reads BF in order to get a clearer picture of what's going on in his mind (hi Matt);
* The darker recesses of his mind fear another injury, but he's otherwise feeling good about things.

I'll sell tickets to Matt's mind. Proceeds will go to paying royalties to the producers of 'Being John Malkovich'.

Blackbird for a nickname? Along with the House Sparrow, Wren, Robin, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Starling, and Nuthatch, it's a very sharing bird. ;):rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back