Recommitted Matthew Scharenberg

Remove this Banner Ad

24, has played patches of good senior footy, horrible injury history, sounds like Hawthorn would want to recruit him.

Would be an amazing story if he could play a solid role in a premiership contender while escaping injury sometime in his career, pies or elsewhere.

crows need to get involved here, plenty of upside and would be fairly cheap. What would you think he is worth?

I wouldn't want to trade him for anything less than a late 1st round pick, can pretty much any role down back, from a reliable but not damaging rebounder (at least from the limited exposure so far) to a selfless lockdown key defender.

Realistically he probably will go for a late 2nd/early 3rd, maybe a pick in the late 30s.

I wouldn't want to trade him for anything less than a late 1st round pick, can pretty much any role down back, from a reliable but not damaging rebounder (at least from the limited exposure so far) to a selfless lockdown key defender.

Realistically he probably will go for a late 2nd/early 3rd, maybe a pick in the late 30s.

I would be happy if the crows paid around pick 25ish. Watched him a bit this year and is pretty diverse in that back 6. Did a great job on Walker when you guys come over and thumped us

I would be happy if the crows paid around pick 25ish. Watched him a bit this year and is pretty diverse in that back 6. Did a great job on Walker when you guys come over and thumped us
Honestly if we were offered 25 I think we’d take it and run. As much as I rate Matt and want to keep him, I can understand that he would want more opportunity (we’re overstocked with medium defenders) and 25 would be reasonable value given his injury history.

Has shown in patches how good he could’ve been without those injuries
May still get there but probably not at the Pies

Pick between 50-60 sounds about right

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Fixed. Scharenberg has had 3ACLs, shoulder reconstruction among other injuries. He is not best 22 as Howe, Langdon are much better players.

He is worth a late pick at best.

Fixed. Scharenberg has had 3ACLs, shoulder reconstruction among other injuries. He is not best 22 as Howe, Langdon are much better players.

Shaz has better decision making and disposal than Howe and Langdon.

Given a good run with injuries I could see Shaz moving past Langdon (when fit and playing).

He hasn’t had a shoulder reco, or any other injuries. The foot issues he came to the club with were fixed in his first year. Stop making s**t up.

Clubs should be swarming like flies. Man is all class on the field, and might be a 8-10 year centre half-back to a lucky club if he can remain fit at the cost of a third round pick or maybe even less. Literally every club should be having a chat to him.

Collingwood will rue letting him go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played his best footy at CHB alongside Howe, Langdon and Dunn in 2018. Is now competing with Moore and Roughead for one of the key defensive spots. We also have Murphy (third tall) and Keane (FB) developing and close to senior footy.

One of Scharenberg or Langdon is expendable.

I would rather we kept him and play him in the Mayne role -
Shaz has very high footy IQ, discipline, creativity, versatility, and disposal efficiency he would be perfect in that role.
And Mayne has shown pace is not critical in that role.

Alright, which one of you Collingwood supporters just rang trade radio and suggested

Scharenberg, a future first and this years second (35) for Adelaides pick 4 this year???

Shaz has better decision making and disposal than Howe and Langdon.

Given a good run with injuries I could see Shaz moving past Langdon (when fit and playing).
Jeremy Howe definitely has better disposal, takes alot more risks kicking out of the backline compared to Scharenberg who is alot more conservative with his disposals.

Starting to sound like the pies are getting desperate to off load players including Scharenberg to make some room in their cap to facilitate
De Goey , Moore & Grundy

This could end up becoming a salary dump

Jeremy Howe definitely has better disposal, takes alot more risks kicking out of the backline compared to Scharenberg who is alot more conservative with his disposals.

Howe makes some absolute clangers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly he's a really nice, humble guy and is a jet when he's on the field, so I just want to see him have an injury free run regardless of what club he's at. I'd happily straight swap whatever pick we get for Keith for him, but I think the crows seem really happy with our depth of defensive players and don't see them wanting to put much up for him which sucks.

Howe makes some absolute clangers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed, but when you take risks opposed to pretty much no risks you open yourself up to more clangers, which i don’t have a problem with. Maynard is the same.

Scharenberg doesn’t attempt the bullets rebounding from 50 like Howe does.

30-40 is ideally what I'd want. Feel as if he is expandable as he isn't in our top 6 defenders and guys like Quaynor and Murphy are coming through.

30-40 is ideally what I'd want. Feel as if he is expandable as he isn't in our top 6 defenders and guys like Quaynor and Murphy are coming through.
Murphys right boot is like a slingshot coming out of defence, i hope to see more of him next season

Sounding potentially North bound as part of the Collingwood salary cap squeeze.

Don't mind it, as EVW is coming off an ACL and he's a similar size to him.

With Thompson retiring and Daw returning, we probably have scope to play him as more of a undersized key defender, rather than the nippy forwards, in our preferred 3 x tall setup of 2018.

I'd say our offers likely to be a futre 3rd or something similar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back