Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Definately needed, definately wanted, but definately frustrating.

We obviously need the media to convey what happenes out on the field, and we as people like to hear others opinions on issues. That's why people buy the HUN or The Age.

The problem is when they speculate or when they become hypocrites.

I have no problem with Mike Sheahan writing Hawthorn off. But if he comes back the week after and is jumping on the bandwagon (he was on and off all season), that's where you lose me.

Trade week was horrid. Trent Croad was meant to go to every club under the sun, he was even touted as going back to New Zealand to play local rugby!

As someone who wants to enter the media, obviously I will defend them as well, but in reality, the media is overrated and gets many things wrong, and don't pay the penalties.

The Hitman

We definately need the media - and i for one like to know whats happening all around us

However, sometimes stories may be modified in order to get people to either watch, read that particular station/paper

I think that happens a bit too much nowadays though...

What we need is newspapers, and tv stations that don't push the personal agendas of Packer and Murdoch. Luckily in WA, the local daily is not owned by either of these men, and is a lot more independent. In saying this im sure they do have some agendas, but they are not so apparent.

The way the media shoves things in our faces at most times is not on.

CNN is propaganda media are us at most times and don't tell you to full story and just have one side of it.

Mags

As everyone has stated - it is necessary.

It obviously informs us of info that most of us couldn't find anywhere else however it does have a downside. Not only can they twist this information, they can make it up completely. I can't always trust the medie however It is informative and interesting. There are lies generated from it but there would be more without it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back