Flogstradamus Melbum Dreamons: The worst AFL team of the last half century?

Remove this Banner Ad

And never will
The clubs board origibally wanted Smith to move aside the year before so they could instill the club's favourite son (Barassi) as coach in a succession plan. But then he ended up winning the flag. And still got dumped the following year.
Sounds familiar, doesn't it.

The clubs board origibally [sic] wanted Smith to move aside the year before so they could instill the club's favourite son (Barassi) as coach in a succession plan. But then he ended up winning the flag. And still got dumped the following year.
Sounds familiar, doesn't it.

It does indeed, squibby

Let's compare notes in another 47 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get what you're saying but holy s**t are you being a prick... You can't base a whole 50 years on a s**t period in the 2000s? I could say the same thing about collingwood... 1982, 1987, 1999 and 2005, all shite years for the colliwobbles

I get what you're saying but holy sh*t are you being a prick... You can't base a whole 50 years on a sh*t period in the 2000s? I could say the same thing about collingwood... 1982, 1987, 1999 and 2005, all sh*te years for the colliwobbles

Man, you really are a n00b - in more ways than one

1624028179190.png

And... what part of this do you think indicates the Dees aren't the worst AFL team of the last 50 years?

Just gonna leave this here for your reference:

Is there any team which has been sub-par for longer?

:$ Have not won a flag since 1964, before most of their supporters were born
:$ Not played in a GF for 20 seasons
:$ Only won half a dozen finals this century
:$ Had the least number of Brownlow votes ever by a team in season 2013
:$ Have not won a Brownlow since 2000 and traded the guy who won it 2 years later while still continuing to pay half his salary
:$ Supporters don't know their own players names or the rules
:$ Dickteased their fans in 2018 only to finish 17th the next year
:$ Did I mention tanking yet? Tanking

Currently sitting in 9th at 7-7 after losing to 15th placed Sydney, Melglum look poised to miss finals yet again

Last edited:
The pony jar runneth over and Cockstar has been drinking the contents.
Um... Congrats on losing to sh*t teams :shrug:

Which part of "the last half century" do you fail to understand?
Thankfully we don't have to worry about coming up against either side in finals.

Anything less than a GF appearance will be an epic fail for Melbourne in 2021

All you have to do is win as many finals as you have in the last 14 years to make it
Well our Grand Final bunnies won't be there, so the challenge level goes up.

And?

What is the relevance of this to Melbourne's last 50 years of fail?
I think weve already established that Melbourne has won more flags than Collingwood in the last 62 years, theyve also lost less Grand Finals than Collingwood, won more Brownlow medals than Collingwood, had more All Australian Representatives than Collingwood... I mean theyve got Collingwood covered by just about every measure

I think weve already established that Melbourne has won more flags than Collingwood in the last 62 years

Shame the thread is about the last 50 years, when they haven't won any flags :shrug:

Funny that a Geelol flog would list not losing GFs as an achievement when you're 3-7 in your last 10

Shame the thread is about the last 50 years, when they haven't won any flags :shrug:

Funny that a Geelol flog would list not losing GFs as an achievement when you're 3-7 in your last 10
You talk about history then try to confine the time period to suit your narrative... just face it, Melbourne >>>>>>>>>>Collinmgwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back