News Membership 2018 - 45,000 members (possibly)???

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone got the figure on what we just before round 1 last year?

God I hope we beat Geelong. Not just for footy reasons but if we could go 4-0 to start the year it'll be a huge membership boost.
22 March 2017 - 36,080
29 March 2017 - 37,525

A point of pride for me has always been our conversion from supporter to member. We were second only to the Bulldogs in 2017, who were coming off a flag.

http://www.roymorgan.com/findings/7345-roy-morgan-afl-supporter-ladder-2017-201709210118

We also had the 8th highest average home attendance in 2017 despite having only one Friday night game, which was against an interstate team. This doesn't count ANZAC Day eve either, that was the Tigers home game. I'm assuming we get the home game this year.

People can stereotype about our fans but we're actual a loyal bunch.

The next two decades are key. Melbourne’s population will nearly double in the next thirty years and the majority of that growth will happen within 15 in the west and the south east. We’re doing the right thing by trying to get a market share in Casey but we also need to win flags. The last time this happened was when Hawthorn were winning through the baby booming phases of the later 20th century. If we win premierships existing supporters will come out of the woodwork. What we also can’t afford to do is have any more 12 (and still counting lol) or 23 year periods without finals so that the marketability of any flags we might win actually attracts those new fans too

I'll be making it 36,200 shortly ... once I stop sweating profusely from the run I just went for in the delightful 29deg 65% humidity

Speaking of, does anyone remember off the top of their head around what stage the New Balance 50% off deal was put out? My runners are nearly due to be replaced.

I'll be making it 36,200 shortly ... once I stop sweating profusely from the run I just went for in the delightful 29deg 65% humidity

Speaking of, does anyone remember off the top of their head around what stage the New Balance 50% off deal was put out? My runners are nearly due to be replaced.
As per usual I didn’t receive the email/code :|

As per usual I didn’t receive the email/code :|
Damn, if/when I get it this year, I'll give you a heads up to contact the club.

I actually recruited a member last year because of it, because I'm up north, I just get an armchair membership, which costs $79, but then I saved $170 buying two pairs of shoes, a friend from work who was previously a disgruntled Lions supporter then join up for the same.

Ata boy!
Normally mid year for the NB voucher which is massive value!

Damn, if/when I get it this year, I'll give you a heads up to contact the club.

I actually recruited a member last year because of it, because I'm up north, I just get an armchair membership, which costs $79, but then I saved $170 buying two pairs of shoes, a friend from work who was previously a disgruntled Lions supporter then join up for the same.
Yeah it’s great, I’ve made back the value of my membership each year. They make some good kicks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back